End of an Era - Goodbye GOAT Cristiano Ronaldo

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by MiamiNative0722, Jul 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Madrid_1902

Madrid_1902 Member+

Jul 6, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Greatest player to play for us in my lifetime. Thanks for the unforgettable Champions league nights, titles and goals. Unthinkable we'll find a like-for-like replacement for him, however, I do think it is the right time to usher in a new era at the club.

Good luck and obrigado, Cristiano!

Minduchio, Horsehead, Shay Z and 9 others repped this.
  2. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    well said.. With Cristiano in his prime we were getting knocked out in CL.. every year until Carlo arrived and we started focusing more on building a rock solid midfield.. The goal output was also constant but we were always lacking something.. Whoever thinks Cristiano alone is the main reason why we've won so many titles in the last 4 years is deluded.
    What about Zidane.. Modric.. Marcelo.. Ramos.. Casemiro.. Navas.. ?

saadomar, Digital, S1na and 1 other person repped this.
  3. Marco B.

Marco B. Member

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Jun 2, 2018
    Good luck with a team relegated for managing referees for years and years. And they deserved to be disqualified for life. They got only relegation because italy won world cup. This is what really happened

4. HZinho

HZinho Member+

Apr 2, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Many thanks, was just about to ask for this. This thread really needs to be all about saying farewell to a big, big player.

saadomar, Shay Z, CR7PT and 4 others repped this.
  5. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No player lasts forever. We were top CL winners before Ronaldo arrived and he added to that.

The club will have to adapt without him. We may have a dark period but our history and legacy will guarantee that the best players will always want to come here.

6. meringues

meringues Member+

Real Madrid
    United States
    Aug 8, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    ?

I simultaneously believe this was probably the right time to say goodbye and am scared shitless. We are losing a legend at a bargain price.

7. trts

trts Member+

Feb 3, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I'm sure you will go back here and tell us "I was wrong" when that doesn't happen.

Digital and Shay Z repped this.
  8. Phenom9

Phenom9 Member

Jun 9, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    wow some of you need to get a grip and come back to the real world, now Juve can put up with his little tantrums and the need for everyone to constantly suck his D**k....

A new era has started...embrace and enjoy it without going on like your mother has died....

Halycon and Iscodisco repped this.
  9. Deep Pal

Deep Pal Member+

Jun 19, 2013
    India,Kolkata
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    Not so sure about this now, we have been snubbed by the top two talents out there right now, and with Zidane here I would have had more faith, JLo, under the current circumstances have huge expectations to fill.

Also the club's stance of selling off superstars at dirt cheap rates is also bewildering. We lost atleast a hundred million on Ronaldo and James transfers.

saadomar repped this.
  10. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    His consistency is what I'll remember most. Dude was a machine. As some have said, he wasn't my favorite player and I didn't always enjoy the antics, but his dedication and execution cannot be questioned. Legend for real and of course he will be missed. This departure seems abrupt to me, which I do not like at all, but the club will move on. I'm grateful to him for his hard work and willingness to stick his neck out when the team needed him on the pitch. Clutch in the CL like no one else. Also I have enjoyed his maturity this summer with Portugal, was a strong leader out there for them and seemed changed to me.

I wish him luck somewhat, though I don't like Juve at all. Glad he leaves on good terms and hopefully there won't be any anymosity shown after the fact. You can tell he was professional because you don't see teammates talk bad about him, though I'm sure the void he leaves will leave many eager to help fill it. Won't be easy, the guy has left a helluva legacy for those to follow. Goodbye to Ronaldo, and thanks or the memories!

11. Romanero

Romanero Member+

Oct 28, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    dont think anyone thinks this, we aint Portugal lol, as i dont think you can deny that he is one of the MAIN reasons.

12. prodigal_mind

prodigal_mind Member+

Cristiano Ronaldo
    Portugal
    Jul 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    no you werent. Madrid in the cl were in ruins before the arrival of ronaldo and i think even in his first season another round of 16 exit

13. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Learn to read or gtfo.

14. Saint Iker

Saint Iker Ronaldo's Right Foot

Dec 5, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Sigh. I guess we’re gonna have to deal with an influx of these “experts”for a while.

Man go and sit in a corner.

15. prodigal_mind

prodigal_mind Member+

Cristiano Ronaldo
    Portugal
    Jul 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    maybe you should learn how to read. His posts makes it sound like before ronaldo arrived madrid was having great success in the cl when the fact is they werent.

People in here are very sensitive. Cant have any discussions without resorting to childish attacks

16. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Says the non Madrid fan. Learn your history. We won 9 CL trophies before he arrived, more than any other team currently has. Yes, we were in a bad state, but every team goes through bad periods. He left Manchester United, another historic club, after winning the CL to come join us.

So stop trying to trash our team in this moment you pos

saadomar and Shay Z repped this.
  17. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    My favorite player goes to one of my most hated teams. They are going to do well with him too.

No doubt he can play in that shit league four another four maybe five seasons. The next two season's he'll make them CL favorites.

Two of the worst ssummers in Real Madrid history. I can't wait four what falls apart next.

babai_here, saadomar and Shay Z repped this.
  18. prodigal_mind

prodigal_mind Member+

Cristiano Ronaldo
    Portugal
    Jul 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    very very sensitive....where did i trash your team? You admitted i was right "yes we were in a bad state" haha what the hell??

Is this a fascist forum where only super pro madrid comments are allowed. I love madrid...all i did was point out bad times may be ahead. Lopetgui is very unproven...and was horrible at porto

juventino13 repped this.
  19. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    You're an idiot. So GTFO.

Eddie repped this.
  20. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In those bad years in CL, we were still pulling players like Beckham Mcmanaman Robinho etc. Just unlucky. You're acting like the club is going to die because Ronaldo is gone. Thats trashing us.

21. Iscodisco

Iscodisco Member

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Dec 14, 2017
    I think you are overreacting and constructing very negative outcomes in your mind.

I thought I was supposed to be the negative one here huh? ;)

22. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

saadomar, madridista_hr, Digital and 7 others repped this.
  23. russian hattie

russian hattie Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    One of my favourite players. I’ll remember his attitude, never give up, always believe and always stand up and be counted. He came to embody Madridismo.

At first I was disappointed and let down by him. Now I am relieved that this nonsense is over. I will miss him scoring and I will miss keeping track of his records. But I hope he succeeds.

I’m glad we still have Sergio and Marcelo to lead us, but a huge figure has gone. Lopetegui has a huge job on his hands. And we better find 500 million quid for Mbappe, because anyone else is going to be hugely disappointing.

24. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    So Bale does use Twitter... but never wished Zidane a farewell..

saadomar, Ƭяιиιтʏ, Eddie and 5 others repped this.
  25. Bear Crotch

Bear Crotch Member+

Jan 2, 2008
    Ohio, United States
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Everything that's already been said has already been said.

It was time for him to move on so naturally this is pretty emotional for me as well as some of you, but we are Real Madrid. Cry today and look forward to tomorrow because we all still have the memories that Ronnie gave us.

He really is the greatest of all time.

saadomar, Ƭяιиιтʏ, Shay Z and 4 others repped this.