Eliminatorias a RUSIA 2018

Discussion in 'CONMEBOL' started by Gerlestat, Oct 5, 2015.

1. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    #1201 SupaMario, Mar 28, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2017
    Indeed, I remember them throwing a giant fit at the 2007*Sub 20's and going after the refs and staff members of security. This is the team that wants to file a complaint about Messi insulting a ref?

2. Rickdog

Rickdog Member+

Jun 16, 2010
    Santiago, Chile
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    You are the worst sore losers of all.

And in this issue, you sure are better than Ecuador and Colombia, no doubt about it. In fact, I think no one round the world beats you in this....:rolleyes:

3. SiempreCrema

SiempreCrema Moderator
    Staff Member

Deportivo Independiente Miraflores
    Peru
    Feb 4, 2015
    Club:
    Universitario de Deportes
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Lets not forget Chile vs Argentina in the U20 World Cup 10 years ago.

I remember them filing a complaint after losing 3-0 in Quito as well.

SupaMario repped this.
  4. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yeah, I meant 2007. Let's not forget this beauty. All of a sudden they have a moral compass? They're desperate to do everything in their power to qualify. They want to hinder our chances by having Messi suspended? Have some dignity and be a man, you lost, win out your games and qualify. Stop worrying about other teams.

5. Rickdog

Rickdog Member+

Jun 16, 2010
    Santiago, Chile
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Chile didn't file any complaint over your golden boy. We don't win anything with that.

You got to thank that one to your own broadcasting system, whom decided to put it on internet, after which it went viral...., and of course in no time reached FIFA's headquarters, and well you know what happened next.

The only complaint we filed as our officials said they will right after the match ended, was over the treatment you gave to our fans while at the stadium and how as organizers of the event pretended to dishonour our national anthem. Oh yes, at present times no one wants to talk about it, but almost with absolute certainty, FIFA will have there say over this one, in a few more days, as well. Don't worry they'll only give you a fine in money and a warning, so you will not lose points over it.

HeartandSoul repped this.
  6. SiempreCrema

SiempreCrema Moderator
    Staff Member

Peru
    Feb 4, 2015
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Don't reply to him @SupaMario

I don't want this thread to become a long argument that just becomes him posting cherry picked stats in posts that take the entire page.

SupaMario repped this.
  7. Ezto

Ezto Member

Jun 27, 2007
    NY
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    To be fair here, it's not just rickdog making an ass of himself posting outlandish stuff here. SiempreCrema, ur posts are mostly bait as well. Peru has one or two good games and all of the sudden you post here saying that they are better than two teams who are clearly superior to yours. Also before every game VS Chile you add that you hate our team and wish they lose. If that's not baiting and cherry picking, I don't know what is. Very hopeful stuff, but not accurate.

Now about the accusation that the Chilean federation sent the documents to FIFA, post a credible source. I'm not denying it, but without a credible source it's just more click bait.

kromekote repped this.
  8. SiempreCrema

SiempreCrema Moderator
    Staff Member

Peru
    Feb 4, 2015
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Saying I hate Chile isn't cherry picking.

I've also barely said it before every game. I like to make jokes about Chile here and there but I'm never trolling for them to lose before each game. Please quote me to it.

No comment on us being better than Colombia and Ecuador. If you want to believe we aren't then that's up to you. Its my judgement based on the last 5 games.

Cherry picking means that you gather stats that have to do with the topic but are ultimately irrelavent. Completely different to baiting

9. pipinogol

pipinogol Member+

May 20, 2016
    Club:
    Cary RailHawks U23
  10. Ezto

Ezto Member

Jun 27, 2007
    NY
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Yeah I guess waiting till u win one game and tie another to come out and wave the flag is not cherry picking per say. Your statements of hating chile are there in the forum, and not as jokes. But whatever, you can think and have outlandish opinions like the belief that Peru is better than Colombia and Ecuador. 4 more points and they will be second best in the continent.

11. SiempreCrema

SiempreCrema Moderator
    Staff Member

Peru
    Feb 4, 2015
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    There is a difference between talking about "2 games" and actually watching all the Peru games. We completely battered Argentina in chances, we gave a very good fight against Brazil, we smashed Paraguay in Asuncion and we outplayed Chile in the second half but couldn't hang onto the draw. I have no excuses for Chile but against Argentina and Brazil, they have so much quality that sometimes it isn't enough to play at 100%. Colombia on the other hand are struggling to create any chances and can't defend when the opposition are attacking. They've been atrocious. Ecuador I haven't seen as much as Peru or Colombia but they've not impressed me at home and only have 7 points since the Copa America. We have 11. Take out the gift from Bolivia and we'd still have more than them.

I also take back my "grinding results" statement given we completely grinded out the Ecuador win. Didn't play great but we still won 2-1.

You can choose to believe what you want but this is my judgement based on the games I watched. Peru have been good, Colombia have not. I respect your opinion on who you think is better but you don't have to be totally ridiculous about it.

12. Ezto

Ezto Member

Jun 27, 2007
    NY
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Fair enough. My view of this Peru different.
    So where is that credible source that the ANFP complained to FIFA about Messi. Lotsa nasty comments from a few of you because of it.

13. SiempreCrema

SiempreCrema Moderator
    Staff Member

Peru
    Feb 4, 2015
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Cheers, my views could be changed tonight if we lose but up to now at least since the Ecuador game I believe we've been good.

14. guri

guri Member+

Apr 10, 2002
    pipinogol and Sandinista repped this.
  15. BMxJoga

BMxJoga Member

Feb 27, 2010
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Us playing better is one thing, us being better than Colombia or Ecuador is another thing completely. Here is how I look at it, as "good" as we have been playing, we still obtained less points than Colombia in that period. Even if they're playing bad they are still getting the results which, to me, is indicative of a stronger program and team. They can coast on their quality, which is something that we cannot do. One injury to Paolo and then watch how good we play. Argentina has been playing like crap too, would you rank us above them? Your point makes more sense for Ecuador, they do not impress me, but its not like we deserved to beat them in Lima since both teams played like crap. They have a very difficult schedule left so I guess its not impossible that we could surpass them, but even then I don't think it would be for a world cup spot.

Given the body of work over this cycle, the only programs who I think we are clearly above is Venezuela and Bolivia. Even then, Venezuela has an interesting crop of young players coming up. Ecuador and Paraguay both have stronger leagues than we do not to mention they've been exporting more than Peru has the past window. Maybe I was a bit rash with my comment, but there is no way we are better (on "form" or anything) than Colombia. Ecuador maybe, but even then as unimpressive as they have been they're still in a position to qualify directly to the world cup. I've watch Peru too many years (and I am not even that old) to be hopeful because they're playing better. Unfortunately, it seems to me that if you want to be successful at the international level in South America you either need to have a powerful player pool (Argentina, Brazil, Colombia) or a solidified footballing identity (Uruguay, Paraguay, Ecuador in recent years). Teams like Chile have had a brilliant golden generation, I have no idea where they will be when this crop of Sanchez, Vidal, and Medel retires. I hope your right thought but I don't see it.

kromekote and Pipiolo repped this.
  16. SiempreCrema

SiempreCrema Moderator
    Staff Member

Peru
    Feb 4, 2015
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    We are playing better than Argentina but I don't rank us above them because they have too many world class players. Colombia only have that in James. They also have more of an ability to grind out results than Colombia. Colombia may have 11 points but 6 of them came from beating Venezuela and Bolivia. No clue on the Venezuela game but they got a dodgy penalty that shouldn't have been given and created nothing against a team of 7 debutants against Bolivia.

Also keep in mind that they are in a similar position to where we were at the beginning. The best Colombian players are getting little playing time at their clubs and it's affecting them. Also not true for Argentina's case.

Right now we're better than Ecuador and Colombia for me, but again that could change depending on the outcome of today's game vs Uruguay.

17. posteador

posteador Member+

Dec 29, 2006
    Lincoln, UK
    > Teams like Chile have had a brilliant golden generation, I have no idea where they will be when this crop of Sanchez, Vidal, and Medel retires. I hope your right thought but I don't see it.

Given how our U20 have been doing, we will most likely disappear from the top 30 ranking, however, given how infantino is giving out world cup places like candy we might still make it to future World Cups. Not sure I would be happy about that since we could potentially get trashed if we send a poor team... the good thing about S.American qualies at the moment is that if you qualify you have to be at the very least a decent side. If they give us more places then shit sides will qualify.

18. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    How many goals can Chile miss ? This is insane.

posteador repped this.
  19. Ohiginiano

Ohiginiano Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    El Teniente Stadium
    Club:
    O Higgins Rancagua
    Good question. ******** Vidal and ******** Sanchez. You can't miss goals like that.

20. HeartandSoul

HeartandSoul Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 25, 2007
    The Garden State
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    What seems to be the problem? Medel, Valdivia, and Vargas were all suspended for multiple games.

Messi clearly does the same thing and the whole world can see. Yet, it's Chile's fault?

Sorry, but Messi shouldn't be any less accountable for his actions. I'm actually impressed that FIFA took legitimate action against him, since I was under the impression that he was untouchable.

21. SiempreCrema

SiempreCrema Moderator
    Staff Member

Peru
    Feb 4, 2015
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Can someone tell me why Chile is in Argentina's timezone and not Peru's? I feel silly to complain over this but I genuinely find it funny.

The real question: why were Chile playing in Colo Colo's stadium?

22. Dominican Lou

Dominican Lou Member+

Nov 27, 2004
    1936 Catalonia
    Makes pretty good sense, actually. They really are further east

[​IMG]

Though it'd probably make more sense for them to be in Bolivia and western Brazil's.

Venezuela is pretty interesting. Not sure what the stripes mean exactly.

posteador repped this.
  23. Ohiginiano

Ohiginiano Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    El Teniente Stadium
    Club:
    O Higgins Rancagua
    FIFAs sanction. Apparently due to racims chants. Next two games against Paraguay and Ecuador wil be at Colo COlo's stadium also.

SiempreCrema repped this.
  24. posteador

posteador Member+

Dec 29, 2006
    Lincoln, UK
    > Next two games against Paraguay and Ecuador...

When do we play Bolivia then?

I'll be shitting myself for those two matches at home.

We should be able to get our payback on both though.

25. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    #1225 pepinointer, Mar 28, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2017
    only james

the other starters today are starters in their clubs...but ospina that have played an important role aswell....

chile y argentina no pudieron sacarle los 6 puntos a bolivia en la cancha.....si la medida para desmeritar a colombia es esa....creo que

Un equipo que ha logrado victorias a domicilio en plazas dificiles no puede ser tan malo.....como sugieres