Eliminatorias a RUSIA 2018

Discussion in 'CONMEBOL' started by Gerlestat, Oct 5, 2015.

1. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand
    The points you allude to refer to fifa rankings correct?

However according to this fifa head to head tool Chile has only beaten Argentina 6 times, that would imply the copa finals went down officially as draws in terms of head to head statistics

1 in qualifier and 5 times in friendlies..unless of course they are ignoring copa results which would be strange

http://www.fifa.com/fifa-tournaments/teams/compare.html

2. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand
    Peru is only dreaming thanks to Bolivia and their lack of comprehension around foreign players

We should be with 12 points and they should have 11 points

kromekote and BMxJoga repped this.
  3. pipinogol

pipinogol Member+

May 20, 2016
    Club:
    Cary RailHawks U23
    FIFA ranking at least doesn't count shoot-out victories as wins, they count as draws. As funny as it sounds Argentina actually got more ranking points out of the Copa Centenario than Chile (because of the group stage win).

4. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand
    As far as i could tell fifa rankings give 3 points for win, 2 points for win by pk and 1 point for draw or loss by pk

Rickdog repped this.
  5. SiempreCrema

SiempreCrema Moderator
    Staff Member

Deportivo Independiente Miraflores
    Peru
    Feb 4, 2015
    Club:
    Universitario de Deportes
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Genuine question

Why does anyone bother arguing with Rickdog if he always looks for pointless numbers and mathematics to support his long posts?

6. SiempreCrema

SiempreCrema Moderator
    Staff Member

Peru
    Feb 4, 2015
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    No one disagrees, but I never thought that this Peru team would lose only 3 in 11 games. I never said we will qualify or that we are world beaters though. All I said was that we're better than Colombia who have been absolutely dreadful.

7. Rickdog

Rickdog Member+

Jun 16, 2010
    Santiago, Chile
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    #1182 Rickdog, Mar 25, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2017
    Those you call as "pointless numbers" are objective facts, not an opinion.
    Whatever anyone may think about them, will not change anything.

And regularly whom answers or argues over them, is because they believe (the same as I do, btw) that for any debate to be plausible, you got to base your arguments over real facts, unless you honestly express otherwise that you are saying an opinion, in which case you recognize that is something yours and could not be generalized to anyone else.

8. SiempreCrema

SiempreCrema Moderator
    Staff Member

Peru
    Feb 4, 2015
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    They are facts yes. Are they relevant? Not in the slightest.

9. Rickdog

Rickdog Member+

Jun 16, 2010
    Santiago, Chile
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    #1184 Rickdog, Mar 25, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2017
    You are perfectly right on this one. FIFA makes a very big mistake doing so.

Many people have told them that they must be consequent over their calls over things (but they are more stubborn than a mule, and usually it is very hard for FIFA to ever recognize that they've fvkd-up over something, when they have). What doesn't make sense is when you use an issue as one thing, and afterwards use the same issue, as if it were, something completely diferent.

And that is exactly what FIFA is doing on regards to diferenciating wins over draws, when refered to a pk definition, reasons as well, of why we are arguing about it right now.
    A pk win, for those stats should be considered as what they are : wins, and not draws.

How can the next phrase make any sense :
    " We had a draw, but the other team went through, while we got eliminated"

A draw, in any competiton, by definition implies that both sides did the same. And when there is a pk definition, it will not be the same for what both teams are going to do afterwards, because through that diference, at the end, one of them will cellebrate, while the other will face defeat over it.

What FIFA should do in those stats, (and this is my opinion over it, others may think diferent), is add a couple of new figures to it : "wins by pk definition" and "loses by pk definition", or if they really don't want to do that, is put things as they really are, wins by pk with wins, and defeats by pk with lost matches.

condor11 repped this.
  10. Rickdog

Rickdog Member+

Jun 16, 2010
    Santiago, Chile
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    facts are always relevant.

11. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    "this Peru"? What are you even talking about? "This Peru" were down 2-0 against the last placed team and finally managed to get a point. So congrats, 33% of Vzla's points came from the 2 ties against Peru. "This Peru" would almost be completely in KO if it wasnt for the FBF blunder (which by the way was technically put on the table thanks to Chile's Federation). How is "This Peru" team better than the team that already beat you 2-0 :p.... Your press were ready to throw out Gareca prior to Copa 2016.

This was the "4 Fantasticos" BS fantasy press that Peruvians got so in trouble in the last qualifier. You're in 8th place, with a -2 GD and yet you're better than the top 7 in front of you based on the tiki-taka that you see from Peru vs the other teams.... What do you think Cueva will never carry too many yellows or get injured? I only hope you guys reach that last game with some remote chance so our "9th place ranked team" can kick your final aspirations out.

12. SiempreCrema

SiempreCrema Moderator
    Staff Member

Peru
    Feb 4, 2015
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Dude calm down...its unfair to compare this team to the one prior to the Copa which was full of players that didn't act professionally. You can't compare this team on paper to the team we had in the 2006 qualifiers for example, but again regardless of the stats you give me, I've seen Colombia and again, I think they have been dreadful.

For the record, I agree our depth is concerning.

13. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand
    To be fair it does not take the press much to ask for a coach to be evicted from the job

The team in general has improved under Gareca, I do not believe we are in the running for the wc but I do believe they will put up a fight in the last 5 games

kromekote and SiempreCrema repped this.
  14. Rickdog

Rickdog Member+

Jun 16, 2010
    Santiago, Chile
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Actually, the only thing that Gareca has done, is improve over how bad he himself had Peru, before.

Don´t forget that when these qualifiers started, there were many at Peru asking for his head, and wanted him sacked and replaced.

kromekote repped this.
  15. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand
    The press were just overreacting

They expected great things following copa 2015 but they failed understand the difference between tournament play and league format

16. SiempreCrema

SiempreCrema Moderator
    Staff Member

Peru
    Feb 4, 2015
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    This, this and this again. Its actually embarrassing how little people have seen us yet when we say we've improved and we've been good but still don't think we'll qualify that it translates to "stop reading papers" or anything like that.

Again, my personal judgement is that we are better than Colombia who have been dreadful. No need to get worked up over it.

17. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I still have the feeling if Falcao comes back he will be the major difference for Colombia to be elite like they were last cycle.

(It is a big "IF" though since he can't ever stay healthy for more than a month it seems.)

18. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Officially, for the purpose of stats, it's counted as a draw. Points are only really relevant in league games, they are irrelevant in knockout rounds as they serve no real purpose. As discussed, it's only useful for the FIFA rankings.

I wouldn't say Chile grinded wins vs Argentina. I see grinding wins are teams not playing particularly well and then getting the win in regular time. Chile x Argentina was a match of fairly even forces where they were decided by the lottery of PKs. If anything I'd say they grinded a draw.

In tournaments, I wish there was another way to decide the final in case of a tie other than PKs. I could live with still deciding other rounds via PKs.

condor11 repped this.
  19. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Mathematically it can happen and you've proved it so . Realistically it 100% won't happen. :D

Century's Best and SiempreCrema repped this.
  20. Big Football

Big Football Member

Jun 25, 2001
    Some beach in Florida,
    Club:
    Deportes Tolima
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    #1195 Big Football, Mar 28, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2017
    What you wrote just doesn't make sense AT ALL...If Peru were better than Colombia or Ecuador, or than anybody, they WOULD have to have the ability to grind out results. Since they have not have done that, how can they be better than teams that have done so!!!???
    I am a better striker than Suarez or Falcao...but since I don't have the ability to put the ball in the net as often as they do, that's why i'm sitting here...:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

kromekote repped this.
  21. guri

guri Member+

Apr 10, 2002
  22. pipinogol

pipinogol Member+

May 20, 2016
    Club:
    Cary RailHawks U23
    What's Chile gonna ask from daddy Infantino next? to get 6 points per win?

SupaMario repped this.
  23. SiempreCrema

SiempreCrema Moderator
    Staff Member

Peru
    Feb 4, 2015
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    If we held on and drew them in Santiago they no doubt would have complained about Bevanente being born in Spain. They're such sore losers it's incredible

SupaMario repped this.
  24. Rickdog

Rickdog Member+

Jun 16, 2010
    Santiago, Chile
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Your players are so full of crap, up in their heads, that usually against you guys we don´t need to ask for any help.

Almost always, you help us on your own (with no one asking it from you), as almost every time we play against your team, one of your players manages to get foolishly red carded, over some stupid thing.
    Btw, after we complained over the case of Nelson Cabrera in Bolivia, you guys didn't take so long, to file your respectful complaint over the same issue, with one very big diference : At least we didn't lose against Bolivia. In your case, Bolivia creamed you guys, 2 - 0, and at the end of the match your players were asking for mercy from them.

If there are any losers here, on mind, as well as playing the game, you look at it each time you look at a mirror (oh,...maybe that's what make you guys better than Ecuador and Colombia) :rolleyes:

25. SiempreCrema

SiempreCrema Moderator
    Staff Member

Peru
    Feb 4, 2015
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    1. Chile had nothing to do with the Nelson Cabrera case. They were the ones who helped the case to win back the points but FIFA was already investigating
    2. What happened with Bolivia has already happened and I'm not complaining about the extra 3 points. You couldn't even beat Bolivia at home! I'd rather lose to Bolivia 3-0 in La Paz then draw them in Lima. So why are you speaking? That doesn't take away that we are playing very well at the moment
    3. We may not be winners, but we aren't sore losers like the Chileans.

Don't even bother replying. You're literally only here to spam the forum with pointless numbers that are completely cherry picked.