ELIMINATÓRIAS, R11: Brasil x Argentina, 11/10/16[R]

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by celito, Oct 31, 2016.

1. Guigs

Guigs Member+

Dec 9, 2011
    Club:
    Vasco da Gama Rio Janeiro
    Also..

Do you guys hold your breath when Allison does anything at all? I'm just waiting for him to fail every time.

2. IVO !

IVO ! Member

Feb 25, 2009
    RIO AND CHICAGO
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Man that has got to be the record for the longest post ever.
    Messi is no leader. He is nothing to the Argentinian national team next to what Maradona was.
    I always knew Tite was the best coach in Brasil, but never dreamed we would be 5 for 5. Unfukinreal!
    We are playing beautifully. Defense is phenomenal, attack phenomenal, blind passing gives me chills to watch.
    I just wish we had a Ganso type player in midfield.
    Los Hermanos are in deep shit now. Bauzer is gone.
    I would put our selecao today in the top 5 in the world. Amazing what a new and good coach can do to a team.

3. Brasitusa

Brasitusa Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    May 14, 2014
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Sorry, it's a pet peeve, I tend to rant about it.

4. Brasitusa

Brasitusa Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    May 14, 2014
    Club:
    New York City FC
    This is so bittersweet, because one can't stop thinking about what WC 2014 would have been if we had Tite in command. :(

5. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    We possibly would have avoided 7-1, but I think the outcome would be no different.

Century's Best repped this.
  6. Brasitusa

Brasitusa Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    May 14, 2014
    Club:
    New York City FC
    But, but... add Tite to dreaming that Neymar would not have been injured and we scored early against Germany, then it would be another game. Just wishful thinking, I know, but from time to time I get into the sadness of it all. I traveled to Brazil for the WC and will never come to peace with what happened.

7. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    There is no such thing as a club player vs an NT player. There are however coaches and systems that can get the best out of players or fail to do so. There is one thing that Messi lacks that Maradona had which is vocal leadership.

8. old_carioca_in_nyc

Jan 26, 2007
    The Argentinians are scratching their heads on why so many excellent players for their clubs- Barcelona, Atl and Real Madrid, etc, just can't play well for the National Team... Historically they had some strong National Teams!

9. AcesHigh

AcesHigh Member+

Nov 30, 2005
    Novo Hamburgo
    Club:
    Gremio Porto Alegre
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    yeah, because that Germany team is invincible right? Even though they almost lost to Algeria and in fact, were worse than Argentina and could have lost that final.

where have I heard that story before? In Brazil NT probably.

under Dunga, it seemed the same thing.

I think I said the same thing over and over, but maybe not here at BigSoccer.

10. AcesHigh

AcesHigh Member+

Nov 30, 2005
    Novo Hamburgo
    Club:
    Gremio Porto Alegre
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    where have I heard that story before?
    sorry, but officially Ronaldo also won 2 World Cups: 94 and 2002.

realistically? Ronaldo did not play in 94. Pelé got injured very early in 62. He didn´t really win that Cup.

old_carioca_in_nyc repped this.
  11. Guigs

Guigs Member+

Dec 9, 2011
    Club:
    Vasco da Gama Rio Janeiro
    Pele still played that cup.

2 games is still 2 games.

12. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I think the guys who really underperform for Argentina are Higuain and specially Aguero. Di Maria has had his moments but also seems to underperform. Part of it is coaching, but part could be just lack of chemistry. Now, they've come extremely close to 3 big titles in the last 3 years, so they haven't completely failed. But yeah, overall they underperform when you talk about game play. With that type of attacking talent, you'd imagine they'd be steam rolling past most teams.

13. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    What a great win. And to think we could have finished this game 5-0 or 6-0. They hate losing to us more than to any other opponent, and that we did this to them when they're in such a dangerous spot in World Cup Qualifying only makes it worse for them.

Argentina, eu sei que você treme.

Peru just did a number on Paraguay at Paraguay. No letting up now. Ricardo Gareca is a fine manager and the Peruvians must be taken seriously.