El delantero del Granada Tin Angulo, positivo por cocaína

Discussion in 'Ecuador - National Team' started by midfield.design, Aug 25, 2016.

1. midfield.design

May 13, 2015
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    #2 midfield.design, Aug 25, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2016
    You have to be kidding me. Why will these kids who have such a bright future ruin it. What's interesting is the article states it might of happened in Colombia at the final of the Copa Libertadores but not confirmed.

2. midfield.design

May 13, 2015
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    "Granada CF have informed José ‘Tin’ Angulo that his contract has been suspended pending the outcome of a follow up test whose results will be made known in the forthcoming days. The club hopes that the outcome is favorable in the interests of our player”.

Unbelievable our luck. WTF

3. damnecuadorian

Mar 11, 2007
    SF & NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Why the hell don't they wait for the follow-up test results before blasting this all over the media? There's always the chance that this could be a false positive.

4. midfield.design

May 13, 2015
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Agree but it's all over the Internet and Conmebol administrator the test.

5. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I cant think of a time that the follow up contradicted the first test.

6. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    The media is blowing this up. So manny sources say that it cocain that came up in his test but IDV medical team came out and stated that he has never had any substance abuse issues and that they find it strange that the combel took 26 days (i think it was that i forgot the exact number) to release the resault when usually it takes 10 days. They say hopefully it was the medicine he took for his injury that made the test give a false result.

7. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    May have been the medicine, BUT end of the day if the substance is illegal and prohibited to be in the players body then HE loses. Of course I heard if he took the unknown substance for medical purposes to treat himself and it was subscribed by his doctor then the sanction can be annulled or reduce. It just depends on multiple factors which lots of us are somewhat unaware of...at least I am. But that's everything in a nut shell.

My God...if this kid consumed a drug I don't want to hear his name ever again in the media. I would think you have to be the biggest moron of life if YOU, Jose Angulo, are the best upcoming striker in the continent and definitely the best Ecuadorian striker of the moment and know that your future lies in a top European league because of how well you were doing in a prestigious international cup for you to ruin it all in the last game. How stupid you gotta be?! We haven't had a striker like this since Agustin Delgado and never have we had one this good so young. You're an idiot if you did this!

If there's a good excuse to a medical substance you were subscribed then ok, I'll understand....but if I hear it's a drug then FCK YOU for playing with every Ecuadorian fans heart. Cuz that's some f*cked up shit. You get our support, we believe in you, and then you let us down....not a fan of that, kid. I'll wait and see what the outcome is hoping for the best cuz I can tell you guys test B will most definitely come out positive. Main thing will be to find out what the substance was. That's the most important thing now.

On a temporary note and most importantly- Is be out of the qualifier roster right now too? What's the status?

8. cabezamagica

cabezamagica Member

Feb 10, 2011
    NYC
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Maybe we should wait for the other results before condemning the kid,none of the Ecuadorian newspapers have said anything about cocaine.

9. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    #10 b9d23m89, Aug 26, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2016
    In all honesty, I don't recall seeing a negative result in a test B sample. Just saying. Will he be guilty for testing positive? I think that's an obvious YES at this point. The real question is what substance was identified in these exams and if he is sanctioned, for what duration? Those are the only two questions that are relevant at this point. Will he be in Granada after this week? Nope. I can bet you those 5 million stacks they paid he's on his first flight back to el Valle on Tuesday or Wednesday of next week if that's the earliest possible date to send him back. He f*cked up big time. I would hope that the substance found was something the doctors prescribed him to help aid his injury....remember this was during the LAST game of Copa Lib which is when he was injured. Could be that so the possibility exists. In that case, YES he can dispute it and the sanction can be annulled or reduced depending on the judgment of the CONMEBOL. If it's a drug like cocaine, rest assure his sanction is a good 2 years and his career goes to hell. You think Jose Angulo will be back at age 23 ready to put in work again to leave from IDV at age 24 or 25? Where will he end up? Mexico or Brazil at best. Look at Michael Arroyo and Miller Bolanos. Miller had to bust his ass 10 fold in Emelec winning two campeonatos, being the top goal scorer of the Serie A and other international tournaments like the Copa Sudamericana TWICE in a row, AND have good NT performances to end up in a decent league like Brazil's. I say "decent" b/c had he been a player without drug abuse issues on his resume, he would have been on his way to a top European league no questions asked. Same with Michael Arroyo. He got lucky and was only suspended for 1 year. BUT the fact that Angulo got caught in the final of a prestigious cup like the Copa Lib. and it was BY CONMEBOL...oohhhh God. Ohhhhh God!! That's all I gotta say. You have to be the biggest scumbag to believe they wont penalize you with a sweet 2 years for making the entire continent, CONMEBOL, and the Copa Lib. look bad. I won't bash Angulo completely b/c he hasn't been sanction yet with the final piece of evidence to this puzzle, but if they find him guilty and it's a drug not associated with his medical treatment for that injury he had (aka cocaine) I will definitely be back here tearing this kid up for his ignorant move.

Anyway, I answered my own question earlier. He is officially out of the roster for the next two games of the Qualifier. I hope Quinteros calls up Cristian Penilla and not Jaime Ayovi.

This is RIDICULOUS!! As a fan, it bothers me because he's a player we were not only going to look forward to seeing in these next two games, but for the next 10 years plus. He was the future and his potential was out of this world. At least to my knowledge, I've not seen an ecuadorian striker with that much potential in my lifetime...and I've seen all the generations that have made it to the WC. This news has made me cringe like no other b/c we were counting on him.

pepinointer, Luigi408 and Quilotoa repped this.
  10. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Tests came back....according to Ecuadorian press. But the article seems to be inaccurate?

Not sure.....

What's going on here?

11. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
  12. fafaco

fafaco Member+

Jun 16, 2015
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    #13 fafaco, Sep 2, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2016
    I don't trust the Ecuadorian Media.. we need a real source.. but if this turns out to be true.. SMH.. Angulo you fvcked up! You had potential to be one of the best strikers in the world, and you mess it up by taking drugs.. what's the point of consuming Cocaine? You could of had a nice fvcking career! But hopefully this is not true.. I'm still waiting for a Legit source to confirm what type of drugs he took

13. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Seems like the results are out. He will be out of fútbol for 2+ years. Pretty much over for him as far as I know. Damn. What a painful way to end a promising career. Wow. Probably one of the worst things I've seen from any Ecuadorian athlete next to Kaviedes (sp?).

14. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    as undisciplined as Kaviedes was, he was never stupid. the real word for Jose Angulo is STUPID.