El Clásico Boca Juniors vs Racing Club, Sep 14 (r)

Discussion in 'Boca Juniors' started by argentine soccer fan, Sep 11, 2014.

1. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    #1 argentine soccer fan, Sep 11, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2014
    Boca is looking for its third straight win in the local tournament since El Vasco took over. They'll have to get by their traditional rivals Racing, who has been struggling and will surely be motivated to change their situation at La Bombonera.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Sunday September 14
    18:15 (Hora Argentina)
    Stadium: Boca
    Ref: Beligoy

VAMOS BOCA!!!

2. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Looks like Calleri will start in place of Gigliotti, and Erbes in place of Federico Bravo.

Likely starters: Agustín Orion; Leandro Marín, Mariano Echaverría, Cata Díaz, Nicolás Colazo; César Meli, Cristian Erbes, Fernando Gago; Pachi Carrizo, Jonathan Calleri; Andrés Chávez.

VAMOS BOCA!!!

3. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    After a promising start, Racing's season began to fall apart. They had some tough games, especially a shocking 4-0 loss to Tigre and a 2-1 loss in their clasico against Independiente.

They've also suffered some injuries. The losses of Diego Milito and Gabriel Hauche will hurt their attack, and in addition Ricardo Centurion is suspended due to a red card. On the other hand, the talented Luciano Aued seems to be back healthy and will start.

Racing -like Boca- began the tournament with high hopes, but just like Boca they sit at the middle of the table with only nine points in six games. The difference is that Racing seems to be going from better to worse, while Boca found new hope since the coaching change and is improving. But no doubt both teams know that a win is the only acceptable result if they want to get back in contention. A draw at this point is like a loss for both. So, I expect a wide open game.

4. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Gooool!!!

Calleri comes through! 1-0. Vamos Boca!!!

5. Siempre_Albiceleste

May 31, 2006
    NY
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Could that field be anymore jacked up? I honestly wonder if the match shouldn't be justly postponed.

6. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I understand its been raining for a while now, but why does Boca's field have flooding problems EVERY time a drop of water falls from the sky? We've seen it happen on numerous occasions, including superclasicos. You'd think they would have tried to find a solution by now...

7. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yea, it's a disaster. Reminds me of Waterworld. But hey, as long as we are winning and nobody gets hurt, I'm good with it. The old saying was "Boca never loses in the mud". (Boca nunca pierde en el barro).

8. Siempre_Albiceleste

May 31, 2006
    NY
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Why would they let the 2nd half start only to suspend it 11 minutes into it? Once the ref started the half, I feel that they could have held on for another 35 minutes. Kinda ridiculous! What kind of drainage system does this field have anyway? It seems to me that they should do much better with a situation that's been like that for years.

locoxriver repped this.
  9. ∆lemão

∆lemão Member

Aug 14, 2014
    #9 ∆lemão, Sep 14, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2014
    Ref finally stopped the game 11 minutes into the second half. How can the players even complain? There are huge puddles of water on the pitch while players failed to kick the floating ball. Ridiculous.

Edit: LOL, what a joke..

10. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    They had to suspend it. Bummer!

11. Bostero818

Bostero818 Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    So what does this mean exactly? Was that a wasted goal? Will we only play one half against Racing? Or will it restart all together?

12. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The score doesn't change. The remaining 34 minutes (split into 2 halves of 17 mins, if I'm not mistaken) will be played on a separate date, with Boca having a 1-0 lead from the get-go.

Bostero818 repped this.
  13. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The game was played under farcical conditions and it should be played from minute 1... But this is the AFA, so the goal stands...

14. Bostero818

Bostero818 Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Thank God
    That wouldn't dumb if not
    They have just given us the game
    Save time for Racing

15. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Boca vs Racing will continue tomorrow at 18:15 Argentine time. Boca needs to hold on to a 1-0 lead. There will be two periods of 17 minutes each. In Boca Lisandro Magallán will replace the injured Cata Díaz. In Racing Diego Milito returns.

Likely lineups

Boca Juniors: Agustín Orion; Leandro Marín, Mariano Echeverría, Lisandro Magallán y Nicolás Colazo; Cristian Erbes; Federico Carrizo, Fernando Gago y Marcelo Meli; Jonathan Calleri y Andrés Chávez. DT: Rodolfo Arruabarrena.

Racing Club: Sebastián Saja; Gastón Díaz, Luciano Lollo, Yonathan Cabral y Leandro Grimi; Facundo Castillón, Ezequiel Videla, Luciano Aued y Marcos Acuña; Gustavo Bou y Diego Milito. DT: Diego Cocca.

16. Bostero818

Bostero818 Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Are you ********ing serious right now?....…

locoxriver repped this.
  17. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    you might not want to hear it, but justice was served. did you really want to win a game scoring a farcical goal like the played under water? i know the history of boca is different than river in terms of style and what not and you guys have the "ganar como sea" attitude, but i wouldn't want to win a game like that...

18. Steazy McCloud

Feb 13, 2012
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    fixed, Id take the win.

19. Bostero818

Bostero818 Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Everyone wants their team to win so I don't see the logic in not wanting that
    The players aren't in control of their field or the weather. So why should it be any different