EJ & Adu: Panionios vs Aris (Superleague) 3/21 19:00 Greek/ 13:00 ET

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad Gameday' started by nick_3f, Mar 19, 2010.

1. sidefootsitter

sidefootsitter Member+

Oct 14, 2004
    It was better than his in-place stepovers followed by a backpass.

At least, he is making good runs now and is trying to dribble.

Small steps.

He's also fairly productive at the Aris/Greek league level.

2. Erlking

Erlking Member

Aug 7, 2007
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG][​IMG]

3. Blustar

Blustar Member

May 30, 2006
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Now if Adu did something like that...

4. lynne

lynne Member+

Oct 11, 2003
    This is like Boolean algebra....if all these things are true, Freddy gets to play:

Freddy practices well AND Calvo can't play AND Javito can't play AND the opposing team is bad AND it's an unimportant game AND if nothing goes wrong (red card/injury) = Freddy gets into a game (maybe).

There are about 40 games in a season, it appears. How many games do you think that all these events will line up? 2? 3?

Face it, if the coach doesn't want to give a new player a chance to work his way into the team, there are always reasons why it didn't/shouldn't happen. Maybe Freddy just doesn't have the standout characteristics (speed, height, etc) that would make a coach risk putting him into a game, and so he doesn't get into games.

5. Prime Time

Prime Time Member

May 1, 2004
    South Florida
    Oh the hypocrisy. Weren't you the one prematurely claiming Adu should play on the USMNT this summer because of two-three good performances?

6. lynne

lynne Member+

Oct 11, 2003
    No, actually he (?) wasn't.
    You really should try and keep up.

7. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Again, its still too early to tell. We'll see him play, he started off strong but got relegated to the bench again. It happens with reinforcements.

Like I said, Calvo and Javito both have reputation at the club so they get passes for stuff like that. He just needs to work hard, and do the best with his minutes. EJ has it easier as his competition up front for time isnt as tough as midfield. Koke got hurt so he got playing time. Not so simple with Adu, as there is Javito there too now that will get playing time over him if Meriem is out. Just be patient, and hope he beats all them out in time.

It is only month 3.

Go back and check it up, NO. I dont want freddy with this Bob Bradley team, because its not meant for his playing style. He wouldnt be effective in the strategy he is after. In fact, I stated I rather see Adu be left off and not tried out because it wouldnt be worth it unless at forward. I gave countless reasons why he wouldnt be used under BB's scheme as a USNT coach, and why he doesnt want him in the midfield which is already packed with players.

So no, you again are talking out of your ass without checking the facts or looking up old posts.

I'd like to see Adu one day be a contributor to the NT, but it wont happen under BB and that actually is better, cause he'd fail under the way Bob is running the team, and what he is looking for out of his players in his formation. He doesnt want a creator/forward up front which is the only spot he'd fit at right now on our NT.

Thats not waht he is about. He doesnt care for truth, nor facts, nor keeping up with what is going on in player threads.... just waiting to pounce when things go sour.

8. The Devil's Architect

Feb 10, 2000
    The American Steppe
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  9. RMCFkevin

RMCFkevin Member+

Nov 20, 2008
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Mate,

This music is outstanding! Perfect to listen to when you're driving around at night :cool:

10. obewan

obewan New Member

Jul 24, 2005
    NC
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No, on that second GIF, he should have picked out #20 who was making a late run into the box.

11. adutotti

adutotti New Member

Jan 13, 2010
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Guys i think that Adu if arrive on his top level, the level of the 2007 U20 world cup, he could be the better player of the team, i'm sure of that, so is very stupid don't put freddy in the lineup, beacouse he can arrive on his top only with playing time...

12. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Thanks man! Yea its good music to drive to, or just to chill to when out, at bars and stuff. :)
    Ehhh..... I watched it again, and the defender behind the guy he would have passed it to if he would have done waht you said, would have been caught.

[​IMG]

13. Bruce S

Bruce S Member+

Sep 10, 1999
    what language is this? I tried going through google translate in many western languages and still nothing makes sense.

1 person likes this.
  14. Bruce S

Bruce S Member+

Sep 10, 1999
    that guy needed to go from an easy jog to a sprint. I would not pass to a guy meandering up the field either.

15. adutotti

adutotti New Member

Jan 13, 2010
    Club:
    AS Roma
    sorry guys but i'm italian and i'am 17 so i don't know very well english... but i think it is comprensible

3 people repped this.
  16. Blustar

Blustar Member

May 30, 2006
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Obviously not his first language, so what's the prob?

And I agree with his sentiment. If Cuper wants the Adu of the U20's or even when he was super-sub with Benfica or his first 3 games with Aris, he needs to give the kids some minutes already.

The game before Adu had his howler of a game Calvo had one of the most pathetic displays of a professional soccer player I've seen. Every ball he touched was a turn over and yes he was subbed at half just like Adu. The only difference was the very next game he was back in the starting lineup.

Adu has one bad game and thats it? Adu can and will do damage for Aris, you guys are down with him sitting while Javito flails away or he starts a tired Calvo for no reason?

Meriem is an OK player and has a motor but he was up on a free for a reason and I saw him play a lot for Monaco and he's not really any better than Adu. He does some things better like run like a chicken with his head cut off but set pieces, I'll take Adu any day. How many goals has Meriem scored?

Give Adu a damn chance already.

Really sucks to see a team that could actually exploit Adu's talents and not even use him while they throw minutes away. He plays well, scores goals, then what?

No more excuses. Let the kid play and get better...

Adu is a big game player and I know our Greek friends might lose this in our American English but when you want to win an important game I would want Adu on the pitch. He loves the spotlight and plays possessed, I hope it happens sooner rather than later.

2 people repped this.
  17. FlashMan

FlashMan Member

Jan 6, 2000
    'diego
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    it's perfectly good English. well done. keep on posting.

18. ImaPuppy

ImaPuppy Member+

Aug 10, 2009
    Using too many parentheses
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    American Samoa
    Non ti preoccupare amico mio!

19. IndividualEleven

Mar 16, 2006
    Your English is comprehensible. Don't worry about the other poster.

20. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Yea, don't worry picolino! You're ok with us.

21. irish56

irish56 Member+

Oct 30, 2006
    indy
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This! Spot on! No more excuses! I watch U-20 players play all over Europe. Many with less talent and less upside playing in better leagues for better teams. But, there is no need to be apologist here. Stating the obvious is something we shouldn't shy away from. I like our Aris posters here. I like their enthusiasm for their team and the way they fill us in with local info, but even they should question why Adu's playing time has evaporated. With Adu's history it could be off the field issues that keep him from playing, but if there are no off the field issues I would demand more from the coach of my team. The stats speak for themselves, Adu produces. All this talk about giving him time to get up to speed is BS. Adu will no more be a better player for Aris waiting until August to get playing time than he will if he plays in the next match. With Adu Aris has a better shot reaching play in the Europa Cup.
    Go Adu! Go EJ! Go Aris!

1 person likes this.
  22. nick_3f

nick_3f Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 10, 2010
    Thessaloniki
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    Nice play from EJ! I like this guy a lot.
    Unfortunately we got equalized which was fair since Panionios made many chances.
    Thursday is like a final for us. Cup final and Europa league will be ready at 7 o clock if we defend the 3-1 of first game.
    http://www.sport.gr/default.asp?pid=69&vid=28961

23. mich-3

mich-3 New Member

Jan 6, 2010
    Athens
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Very nice post...

I like the way you write... (Especially the cheer for Aris part...:p)

Ok let me explain.

We are also wondering why Adu isn't playing. But since we trust Cuper's deep knowledge of the game and the fact that he know how Adu progresses in training we cannot say anything. We just have to wait and see what happens.
    It is essential that you understand that Cuper has a certain gameplan in his mind. Any player who is not fit for that doesn't play.. It might not be how fit he is , inside and outside the field... He might not have completely understood what exactly he is supposed to do... How to move, how to feed, how to mark etc... All other players in those positions Adu plays, regardless of how they perform, seem to have understood their role in the game and how Cuper wants them to play...
    It is not that simple... That's why Cuper is one of the top... He knows what he wants...He also knows when his players are ready... If they perform or not, then it's a matter of them...

24. adutotti

adutotti New Member

Jan 13, 2010
    Club:
    AS Roma
    i think isn't possible that cooper want use freddy only on the left, i think he is a top coach, so he can change the position of his player for give him a chance to do better, the adu that we saw in the first 3 match with aris is an adu on his 30%!!! i'm sure of that because i've seen all freddy adu's match that i could... if you think that calvo is a star or koke is the best, see the freddy adu's video, and you will know that freddy on his 100% could be a champions league player... don't leave him on the bench... it's a terrible error... I THINK

25. Missionary

Missionary Member

Jul 13, 2003
    Mission Viejo
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How many games are left?