PBP: EJ & Adu: Kavala vs Aris (Superleague) 3/6 16:45 Greek/ 9:45 ET

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad Gameday' started by VAMOS ARIS, Mar 5, 2010.

1. Kyonn

Kyonn New Member

Dec 24, 2004
    Careful Lynne you're starting to sound like me lol, trust me that will get you on certain posters bad side and (unfairly) receive the label of "hater".

Lets just hope Adu's still no quiet in game shape or nursing a small injury and that 's what kept him out of the game.

2. mich-3

mich-3 New Member

Jan 6, 2010
    Athens
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    The best player in the field. You are talking about Calvo who was a constant threat.

I completely disagree...

3. dwsmith1972

dwsmith1972 BigSoccer Supporter

May 11, 2007
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1. It's never too early to be in a panic in an adu thread...

2. The Bruce S has spoken. Other famous Bruce S predictions:

4. jas2781

jas2781 Member

Jan 5, 2010
    Club:
    Liverpool LFC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't panic yet. Last week's game was a wash. Adu was tired w/ sore hamstring, two injury subs and Aris was in complete control of the game. No need for him to play.

This game I think that Cuper just got too defensive, again maybe the bad pitch had something to do with that.

Next week against PAOK might be a whole different story. The way they are playing, scoring one goal isn't going to do it.

5. gmonn

gmonn Member+

Dec 8, 2005
    So no games for 8 days?

6. jas2781

jas2781 Member

Jan 5, 2010
    Club:
    Liverpool LFC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, but then it's 5 games in 14 days

7. ugaaccountant

ugaaccountant New Member

Oct 26, 2003
    dwsmith1972 - Genious!

Hey, we never have gotten out of debt. If only he had negotiated a little harder on the Louisiana purchase we'd be ok now.

8. Blustar

Blustar Member

May 30, 2006
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think he meant Javito???

9. Kyonn

Kyonn New Member

Dec 24, 2004
    Talk about fixture congestion! If Adu's healthy he's sure to get playing time.

10. Blustar

Blustar Member

May 30, 2006
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow Bruce S you're are a lot older than I thought, what your take on the new health care bill?:D

11. nick_3f

nick_3f Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 10, 2010
    Thessaloniki
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    Highlights
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGNoaYJbgwk"]YouTube- kavala aris 1-1 (6-3-10)[/ame]

12. Bolo

Bolo New Member

Jan 16, 2007
    Calvo was on the left side ^^ see goal above, in the first half, right side in the second half. I don't think he was talking about Calvo.

13. aveslacker

aveslacker Member+

Ajax
    United States
    Apr 2, 2006
    Old Madras
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was talking about the second half. I couldn't get the name of the guy, but he seemed to suck pretty hard. I'm willing to consider that I got it wrong, though.

14. Friedel'sAccent

Friedel'sAccent Member+

Jul 7, 2006
    Providence, RI
    Club:
    Reading FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Definitely mighty big of you.

15. Missionary

Missionary Member

Jul 13, 2003
    Mission Viejo
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anytime I want to get really depressed or disappointed I merely have to find a Freddy Adu thread. The poor kid is the Rodney Dangerfield of American soccer.

16. lplaksina

lplaksina Member

Jan 5, 2002
    Poor kid ????

Come on, he's a 27 year old man !!!! :)

17. Reccossu

Reccossu Member+

Jan 31, 2005
    Birmingham
    Come back to MLS Freddy! We'd love you and you could have a so-so half and still keep your spot. Just get better and better with game experience here and then see what happens in a couple of years.

18. adutotti

adutotti New Member

Jan 13, 2010
    Club:
    AS Roma
    for aris fan .. do you think adu will start vs PAOK??? and do you think adu could play better than javito?? so Calvo on the left and adu on the right?

19. VAMOS ARIS

VAMOS ARIS New Member

Jan 2, 2010
    Salonica
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    I think even Cuper cant be sure about the first. About the second.... Javito is good to run with the ball... but he is very bad when he is to score. In last 3 games he lost more than 3-4 sure goals.... So maybe Cuper thought that for a game on the road is better to use javito because he can run with the ball in counterattacts... I dont know...
    Of course Adu is better on long passes bad so far he is very bad to run with the ball.

20. adutotti

adutotti New Member

Jan 13, 2010
    Club:
    AS Roma
    hahahah freddy is bad to run with ball?????????????????????????????????????
    now freddy is on his 40%, whan freddy will arrives to the top you could change your opinion, adu i think is very and very good to run with ball, now he isnt on his top, he must play regulary to arrive to his top

21. VAMOS ARIS

VAMOS ARIS New Member

Jan 2, 2010
    Salonica
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    What is so funny?
    Read again what i worte!!!!!!!
    ''Of course Adu is better on long passes but so far he is very bad to run with the ball.''

I have know idea what he did in past. I know just one thing. SO FAR in my team he is very bad when he runs with the ball. Thats all.

22. adutotti

adutotti New Member

Jan 13, 2010
    Club:
    AS Roma
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69ZQMpGGx_M"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69ZQMpGGx_M[/ame]
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOK1FT_T2rI&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOK1FT_T2rI&feature=related[/ame]
    those are only two run with ball abilities of freddy, he must return to his top

23. genom

genom Member

May 27, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Freddy Adu threads are by far the worst threads on Bigsoccer, yet I can't look away. It's just like rubber necking a bad car crash. ughh

24. lynne

lynne Member+

Oct 11, 2003
    What does "very bad when he runs with the ball mean"? That isn't one of the usual Freddy complaints....does he -- run slowly? Other possibilities -- Can't get pass defenders and loses the ball? Bobbles the ball and kicks it out of bounds by himself? Panics, sits down in the middle of the field and starts to cry?

(Think I have all the possibilities...)

25. VAMOS ARIS

VAMOS ARIS New Member

Jan 2, 2010
    Salonica
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    First of all sorry about my last post. I just wrote my opinion about freddy. I am here because i like most of the guys here. There are a lot of ppl here that loves freddy adu and EJ and they seems very happy when read news from us(Aris fans) about their progress.

About your question lynne i wrote JUST MY OPINION. I wrote that maybe Javito played with kavala because he is faster and he can run with the ball. So far Freddy he is very good on long passes when he has the ball but he is bad when he has to run with the ball(for example in counterattacks). I cant explain it better. Sorry.