Edwin Cardona news & comments

Discussion in 'Colombians Abroad' started by sidspaceman, Dec 16, 2014.

1. SoyDelMustang

SoyDelMustang Member+

Dec 24, 2007
    Flushing,Queens
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    You mean like the team we fielded against England. That turned out well.

HomietheClown repped this.
  2. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Exactly. If he tries to put a square peg in a round hole he is going to look like a fool.
    Which is why I am hoping Reyes convinces him to have as many creative options as possible and strays away from his Defensive mid and wings crossing mentality he seemed to have in other places.

3. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Reyes is there to contribute his .02 but remember that this was more of an FCF ask than it was a request from CQ to have Ryes on his side. Furthermore, CQ is lightyears ahead in pedigree and experience so I don't see how Reyes would try to convince CQ of anything. CQ will live and die by his methodology.

We haven't seen CQ's hand, bad good and/or indifferent and so I'd like to see at least these set of March friendlies to get a vibe. I don't think we'll see CQ having big shifts/influence with this team until at least 2-3 games played in group stages of Copa. I recall even Pekerman started with Dorlan, Guarin, Perea, Mosquera and a couple of other guys who were mainstays from his predecessor but it wasn't until a number of matches in tow that he made some big moves and tuned in strategy and tactics.

Furnaccio repped this.
  4. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Even so, it would be wise for Queiroz to listen to Reyes and what has worked during the friendlies and what is the crux of our success. Creativity and creative players are a major part of our identity and style.

Of course he will stick to principles and his core values but what he did at Portugal was not the same thing he did at Real Madrid or Iran etc.
    I am hoping he does not do what Portuguese fans are saying he will do and that is just rely on one or maybe two creative players on a roster and then have a bunch hard working mules after that.

5. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008
  6. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Is there video of cardona’s other goal and Oscae’s assist?

I Couldn’t find anything, yet.

CQ must love seeing all these guys in good form. Makes his job a high class problem

7. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008

And Murillo's assist really should've been credited to Cardona

J-Mezzy and Furnaccio repped this.
  8. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008
  9. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Palermo must be like WTF, how is this guy not playing in the NT. :coffee:

10. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Hopefully Cardona can keep on doing golazos for the rest of the season and (if they make) the playoffs.

Then maybe Quieroz will consider him but it does not seem likely.

pepinointer repped this.
  11. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Cardona be like....

Yo CQ...call me....maybe?

IMG_0612.jpg

Azucarero and Bomb8 repped this.
  12. Bomb8

Bomb8 Member+

Jun 19, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    It's such a shame this guy doesn't understand the importance of fitness. The average regular customer of Burger King is in better shape than Cardona, yet he is still one of the best creative midfielders of Colombia.

Furnaccio and Azucarero repped this.
  13. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    The Big King XL has my approval.

Bomb8, Furnaccio and Azucarero repped this.
  14. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Would love to see Cardona go head to head with Joey Chestnut in the Nathan’s hot dog eating contest. ;)

Bomb8 repped this.
  15. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008

2 more assists from this beast.

HomietheClown and Furnaccio repped this.
  16. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    IMG_0687.jpg

17. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Man of the match two weeks in a row!

IMG_0761.jpg

Azucarero and pibe10 repped this.
  18. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Wonderful but if he really wants to be taken in consider then he must lose weight and quickly.

19. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008

Love his stuff from distance. Nobody else on the NT offers that at the moment.
    It's a damn pitiful sight, but it's always been his flaw.

He should be considered regardless. Most of our attackers are out of form, injured, or recovering from injuries, other than Duvan and Muriel. Call him up!

HomietheClown and Furnaccio repped this.
  20. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I know that he always had this problem but right now he doesn't look like a professional player and believe me, no one here would like to see him in the national team more than me. But he seriously must take care of himself because unfortunately talent is not everything and Queiroz must explain it to him. Professionally of course he has a spot in the squad.

21. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Cardona once said about his weight/eating:

IMG_0766.jpg

Azucarero repped this.
  22. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    This is probably one of the most difficult decisions for the new manager other than the LB issue.

Cardona is playing well enough to be on the roster. He was arguably one of our most important offensive players last qualifying cycle after James.
    He put up the insurance goal against Peru to ice that game, he scored the game winners on the road against Boliva and Paraguay. His offensive passing and left wing play was crucial in the win over Ecuador etc.

But looking at the other side of the coin he has always had an attitude problem (mostly at club level, but still.) People always criticize his fitness. He has not played much for Colombia the last calendar year (Just a couple friendlies in USA) and did not play much for Boca when he was there.
    And of course the biggest negative of all was the stupid gesture he did in Korea.
    He did the crime and he did his time but it is still a major mark against him.

Factor in the manager and how he supposedly has this track record against creative types and I think the odds are really against him to make the Copa roster.

The only hope he can cling to is that he is one of the few players in the pool who can consistently put long shots on goal and Since JuanFer is injured he is one of the only players who can bring some aspects of creative midfield flair and passes.

23. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Beyond in how he looks......reports in mexico just talk that this is the best cardona since his arrival in mexico because after argentina he is contributing with his physic and running much more than before

pibe10 repped this.
  24. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    no brainer. He needs to be in CA. JFQ out. James is questionable at best with all his injuries. We have a huge drop in a quality MF that can control the pace of the game. This is critical. We can't just have carro locos without having an AMF that can offer alternate solutions. With heavyweights like Lerma, Barrios, Loaiza in DFM we don't need Cardona to run box to box. I would take fat Cardona over skinny Gio Moreno anyday.

25. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    "No brainer" for some of us but there's people around here who never want him called up again, Praxis or whatever his name is being in the front of the line.

And it is not a "no brainer" for Queiroz unfortunately.