Ecuatorianos en el exterior, Part IV

Discussion in 'Ecuador - Players Abroad' started by cristian1mv, Jan 9, 2010.

1. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Golazo de Penilla. Arroyo seems to be playing out of position.

2. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Golazo de Arroyo and Nahuelpan is shit.

3. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Anybody watching America Pachuca game?

Nahuelpan just scored...

4. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    Goals all made in Ecuador today...

5. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Man what a goal by Arroyo, it seems Penilla is finding some rhythm, he seems to at least be starting.
    Guerron, solid as usual. Walter stepped on some bad sh*t on that 2nd goal by America

6. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I hope Walter Ayovi doesn't mess up that bad in CA. He gave that one away and almost another one right after that. He was awful during the 2nd half.

7. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    What's wrong with Enner Valencia? Anyone watched him play today? What a disappointment.

8. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    Michael Arroyo just scored the best and most important goal of his career. Fantastic

9. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Yep. Just saw that. Amazing shot. Saving America all by himself. That team was dead after the golazo from Ayovi himself.

10. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    OMG I guess Arroyo is out but Ayovi, Penilla and Sornoza move on. Amazing drama, I know its heresy to say but I enjoy the Mexican league and the liguilla format.

11. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Same. Love the playoff system. Sad for Arroyo. He did great and almost saved America by himself.

12. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Chucho > Cepillo y Quinteros

Guerron is out too.

13. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Guerron is gonna eliminate Emelec himself since that's all he's got now. You heard it here first.

14. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Seriously. Chucho by himself was better than both =(

I think so too. Tigers can now concentrate on the Libertadores. Bad news for Emelec.

15. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Anyone watching Montero play? I'm going to say he is the best Ecuadorian player this 2015. Fantastic. What a game vs Man City. Montero is coming to Copa America at his best time.

16. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    Yes. He's been great all season, and showing signs of more maturity such as better decision-making. He really should have been in the EPL a few years ago, by now I guarantee he would be playing on a Champions' League team.

17. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I guess we all see futbol differently. I can't stand wing play anymore. Saw a few minutes of that Manchester City game and all I saw him do is run and then try to cross it. I think Arroyo is better than this guy but he's not playing in England so who knows.

b9d23m89 repped this.
  18. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I won't exactly say Arroyo is better than him, but I would like to add that I need to see Montero make a difference when it comes to stats. I want to see more assists and goals. He's had a decent number of assists for it being his first season in the Premier League, but what really bugs me is that this kid doesn't score much. He needs to be more EFFECTIVE to be complete. The reason some of us like Arroyo is because he can score and assist, not just dance pretty with the ball and give the opponents defense a headache. That's cool and all, but making a difference on the field counts for real when the stats are in your favor. And Montero still seems to fall behind in that arena. At his age, Antonio was in his prime kicking ass in champions league and playing in a final. Montero hasn't even made it to a big team yet. I feel like he won't become to be a great as he could've been, although I don't doubt that he'll continue to progress. He should be in one of the best moments in his career and drawing interests from the pesos pesados by now....at the very least.

I got my faith high in Miller, Enner, and even Antonio right now as the main three guys who will make a difference up front. Montero will still be fundamental, but I know he will frustrate me continuously so I'm not going to expect a change from him. Hopefully with Quinteros he learns to release the ball at the appropriate time and also perfect his finishing like Angel Mena and Miller did under Quinteros....these guys weren't goleadores before Quinteros was their coach, but they managed to become accustomed to score when they were coached by him. Hopefully Montero can evolve with Quinteros.

javer repped this.
  19. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    I know their is not enough time right now but i would love to see Quinteros do this and work with the players we have in el exterior vs the local players we have Montero, Ibarra, Cazares Fidel, ect. At this point I dont think Valancia can convert him self into a goal scoring player being that he plays Right back consistently in Man U but of course he is still a player that can create danger on the wing.

let see if he makes any changes in the next matches I hope he does the next games will be crucial for us entering Copa America.

20. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    I consider Arroyo the most talented player we have. He can dribble, pass, score from anywhere, and has a tremendous free kick. I fail to understand why Rueda ignored him for so long. We could have done better in the World Cup if he had time to gel with the team.

As far as Montero, I agree 100%. It's like he went to the Antonio Valencia school of wingers, and learned only to beat the defender and cross - again and again and again. But Montero has always had much more natural ability than Valencia, and most importantly he can shoot with both feet. That gives him a possibly deadly weapon because he can cut inside or outside. I have no idea why he is not displaying this part of his repertoire - although, the challenge with players in Europe is they can become more disciplined but they lose the ability to express themselves because everything is so tactical. That's why guys like Arroyo or Guerron may not have been cut out for Europe even though they have all the ability.

GPisco repped this.
  21. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    W. Ayovi ain't 25 lol

22. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I like the fact that Arroyo is on the squad and I have my fingers crossed he makes the final cut. I've always been a supporter of his. Although I find it very difficult for him to start. The player of the moment in the country is Miller Bolanos. And I mean this overall. The kid is the top goal scorer of the campeonato and one of the main hits in the current Copa Libertadores. There's no ecuadorian player in a better moment than him. And if you wanna talk about consistency, he displays it the most. He's been in top form and ascending since a year and a half ago (Beginning of 2014 and on) and he has not declined a single bit. He just keeps getting better and better. He may not have impressed many in his first two games with the NT, but I believe he was in the most important and dangerous plays we had in both games. He managed to score and it should count for something. He's going to very fundamental on the NT and I don't hold back my stance on that. With Montero, Antonio and Miller in the great form that they are in, plus a goleador like Enner up front, we will really see what our capabilities are. The moment these guys gel, puede haber goles a lo grande and I'm serious.

23. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    How would you guys line up for Copa America? The only guys I think are in top top form are Bolaños, Guerron, Fidel and just recently Arroyo.

24. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Ener subbed out. He has been very disappointing. Hasn't done anything at all. The whole team sucks though. Get rid of that coach.

25. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito