Ecuador- WC Qualifiers BRAZIL 2014/Eliminatorias

Discussion in 'Ecuador - National Team' started by b9d23m89, Sep 7, 2011.

1. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    we're a month away from this Qualifier that seems like it's going to be the death of us. Let the discussions begin.

2. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
  3. viagoal

viagoal Member

Jan 5, 2005
    I think Ecuador will win or tie Venezuela because we are playing in la altura de Quito. but once we play outside of Quito that's when we will have the real test. I'm crossing my fingers..

4. cabezamagica

cabezamagica Member

Feb 10, 2011
    NYC
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    watching these forwards suarez, ayovi, with chucho feeding them seems to be the way to go.yes, we played two subpar teams ,but i like these 3 in the attack ,add valencia as a winger just like he plays in manchester setting up centros and we may have something.felipao for the second half when the opponents defence is tired and felipe can run thru them.

5. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I think Suarez should start and Arroyo should sub him. Both of them are players that score for the NT, whether it's against the poorest team or whoever. These last two games don't really tell me anything besides the fact that Costa Rica and Jamaica are even worse than we are at the moment. I'd go far as to say Deportivo Quito could probably beat both of them by the same goal margin. IMO Felipe Caicedo should be the main starter up front. He's better than Benitez and Ayovi. I don't think we should let these two games fool us and make us believe that Suarez-Benitez-Ayovi is gonna create lots of goals against everyone.

What I do know is that Benitez AND Caicedo can't play together. Jaime Ayovi and Bentiez understand eachother better. If Suarez would move up as a forward then i'd be nice to pair him with Felipe b/c we have plenty of wingers.

6. cabezamagica

cabezamagica Member

Feb 10, 2011
    NYC
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    well thats kind of my point , Benitez is better feeding the other forwards .no one is being fooled ,we all seem to know that these teams were chosen for such results. but chucho and felipao havent been able to click and thats ruedas fault.hopefully suarez keeps up his work level.

7. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I hope Jaime Ayovi can click well with Benitez this entire qualifier and not just in these two past games we had. That's my worry. I am clueless of how Jaime Ayovi works under pressure in at these competitive levels. None of us know b/c we haven't seen him. What i do know is that Felipe Caicedo is the best we have and leaving him out of the starting 11 is not a good idea. I think Benitez would fit that play maker role perfectly and if not then i'd say he'd be a good sub.

8. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I agree that best option up front is Felipe Caicedo, but one thing to take into consideration is how well will he adapts to the altitude, so for that reason maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea to bring him in as a sub, at least for the game against Venezuela. From what I saw from Ayovi and Suarez in the game against Costa Rica, I liked the way they played. Now lets see how they play against a quality opponent like Venezuela. IMO this should be the starting 11:

GK:???, Paredes, Morante, Erazo, Ayovi, Noboa, Saritama*, Valencia, Suarez (Arroyo), Benitez, Ayovi

With Montero and Caicedo ready to come of the bench and provide a spark after the starters tire.

*Not that I want him there but lets be realistic, in all likelihood this is who Rueda will go with.

9. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I hope Rueda only calls up 2 keepers. 3 is unnecessary IMO. Elizaga isn't starting in his club right now so I'd say the two are Banguera and Dominguez. The line up i think will go in is:

Banguera; Paredes, Caicedo, Erazo, W.Ayovi; Valencia(Saritama/Mendez), Noboa, Castillo (Mendez/Saritama), Suarez; J Ayovi, Benitez

what i wish we'd start with:

Banguera/Elizaga; Achilier, Morante, Erazo, W. Ayovi; Valencia, Noboa, Castillo, Montero; Suarez, Caicedo

Subs: Guerron for Suarez, Arroyo/Mendez for Montero, Benitez/J.Ayovi for Caicedo

10. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    My opinion? Even Felipe Caicedo and Antonio Valencia need to EARN their spot. If they think they are automatic, they will not perform the way we need them to.

Right now I feel that Christian Suarez is the only guy who's confirmed himself in the lineup. He is producing every time he is given a chance. He's scoring goals, nice ones, and showing a good variety to his game. Jaime Ayovi unfortunately did not get to play Copa America, but he has also come good when he has had his chance on the NT.

As for Chucho, we need to find his position. He cannot play off the last man in CONMEBOL like he does in Mexico against smaller centrebacks. I've always said we should use him as our version of Messi, dropped behind the forwards and linking up with the midfield. It seems that has been the formula against Jamaica and Costa Rica. Nothing frustrates me more than Chucho, but the truth is we can't drop him, he creates too much.

11. cabezamagica

cabezamagica Member

Feb 10, 2011
    NYC
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I like the way Chucho made the smarter play in the 3rd goal, when ayovi broke thru 3 defenders, he passed it to benitez which to his credit made a smart pass to castillo who had an open shot. not too long ago he would have take on 2 defenfers and ended up on his ass instead of passing it to a better positioned man.if he can bring these kind of plays against Venezuela, we should beat them.

12. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    that's why the play maker role for him is perfect. not just that play but the pass to Ayovi as well. When they put him to be the "target man" in the box he can't make it happen. I feel like he plays better behind the forward, his decision making is much better IMO.

13. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    Did anybody see the last two games and how we were set up tactically? I can't tell from the highlights, because Christian Suarez scored a goal and had an assist from the right side of the field against Jamaica, and then from the left side against Costa Rica. Ayovi's goals came from inside the box, but then he was way out on the wing for the 3rd goal against Costa Rica. Chucho looked like he was playing behind them and linking up between midfield and forwards.

It's not a bad idea to have these guys rotating, but it's not something we've ever done before, I imagine that the midfielders would have to be very disciplined to not get confused and be caught out of position. Also, in this setup, I'm wondering if Rueda plans to use true "wingers" like Arroyo, Montero, Guerron and Valencia - maybe he will use them but they will play more centrally?

I really can't figure any of it out.

14. gymclasshero

gymclasshero Member

Aug 25, 2008
    KCMO
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
  15. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
  16. Quilotoa

Quilotoa Member

Sep 26, 2008
    Brasilia, Brazil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    NO, he is just calling it as it is. More players should do exactly what he did. And this by no means should mean he shouldn't be included, nor that he doesn't want to be included. He's only making accurate observations about the problems that EVERYONE knows exists in the FEF!! Are you still supporting Rueda?!

17. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Why? because he said the truth. God knows what's going on internally in the FEF and behind the scenes. I mean even LDU4ever(as an outsider who was in the Casa De la Seleccion) stated several times that the vibes he had from viewing the interaction there were bad. You know why no one says anything? because the whole damn team is 60% Deportivo Quito and 20% the rest of the ecuadorian league leaving only a few extranjeros. You think a Deportivo Quito player or ANY player that plays in the ecuadorian league like Oswaldo Minda, JC Paredes, Saritama, Narciso Mina, David Quiroz are going to say sh*t about the NT? Hell no! B/c they know they are lucky enough to be a part of this NT. In any other circumstances, they would not even be near consideration. Other NT's would not leave out a player like Felipe Caicedo or Joffre Guerron out of a squad for Narciso Mina or Saritama. That's insane, stupid, and i don't even know how else to describe it. Alex Bolanos on the NT when we got players like Fernando Gaibor and Dennis Quinonez? C'mon man. It's clear as water. I mean how many goals did Caicedo have to score in the Spanish league before he could get the thumbs up? And he even got dissed by Rueda. That's ridiculous. No one on this NT is gonna say sh*t b/c most of these half ass players that are getting the easy ride in right now KNOW damn well that in any other situation (with a non-currupt federation) they would not ever set foot in the Casa de la Seleccion.

18. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Suarez was moving freely in the game vs. Costa Rica switching off from left to right. Mostly played on the left though. Jaime Ayovi would come in contact with Suarez a lot. Benitez was behind Jaime and played outside the box but didn't really move as freely as Suarez. I feel like that's why Suarez was dead in the 2nd half. He kind of disappeared 15 mins before he was subbed out. Lots of running. When Suarez would go left Saritama would go and cover the right side and vice versa.

I think if Guerron would come to the NT he'd play up front, not as a winger. At least he plays as a forward in Atl. Paranaense and scores there. The good thing is Suarez can play as a wing or a forward as well as Guerron so it could go either way. I honestly think Valencia as a Center mid would be a waste b/c we'd lack those great centers, but on the other hand we do have plenty of good wingers so it's kind of a waste to have them sitting around. The four wingers without a doubt should be Suarez, Valencia (on the right), Arroyo and Montero (on the left). And we still got Joao Rojas, Renato Ibarra, and Marcos Caicedo incase anyone gets injured.

19. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Mendez, Guerron, Montero and now Caicedo, doesn't that tell you something?

20. ecuafutbolfreak

Jun 3, 2004
    Quito
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Ok, so who deserves to be on the starting 11?
    And who will Rueda start?

Rueda's team

gk:banguera
    defence:parades(this guy is NOT a defender), erazo, caicedo, ayovi (again, not a defender)

mid: valencia, noboa, castillo, suarez
    fowards: benitez and jaime ayovi

My pick
    gk:elizaga (don;t trust anyone else to be honest)
    defence: valencia(i cant think of another RB to be honest) n.araujo, erazo, ambrossi
    midfield: castillo, noboa, pedro quinonez impressed me,
    foward: guerron, ayovi and benitez

Suarez is a good choice from the bench as is Salas and Kaviedes.

21. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    with all due respect, are you serious about Ambrossi? the guy struggles to start in Liga and is far from the Ambrossi back a few years ago.

As a liguista, i think no one from our squad really deserves to be on the NT unless their names are Miller Bolanos or Alexander Dominguez. Due to an injury in the NT, MAYBE we could pull out the names Guagua and Diego Calderon. But besides these guys, everyone else is far from being NT material. Norberto Araujo did ok with the NT but now that the came back he was GOD AWFUL. I'd rather have cuchara Caicedo play than him right now.

22. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    The list is out!

Arqueros.
    Máximo Bangüera (Barcelona)
    Alexander Domínguez (Liga de Quito)
    Adrián Bone (Deportivo Quito).

Defensas.
    Gabriel Achilier (Emelec)
    Diego Calderón (Liga de Quito)
    Fricson Erazo (El Nacional)
    Eduardo Morante (Emelec)
    Jairo Campos (Deportivo Quito)
    Juan Carlos Paredes (Deportivo Quito)
    Walter Ayoví (Monterrey-México)
    Giovanny Caicedo (Liga de Quito).

Volantes.
    Luis Saritama (Deportivo Quito)
    Antonio Valencia (Manchester United-Inglaterra)
    Edison Méndez (Emelec)
    Cristhian Noboa (Rubin Kazan-Rusia)
    Jéfferson Montero (Real Betis-España)
    Alex Bolaños (Deportivo Quito)
    Segundo Castillo (Pachuca-México).

Delanteros.
    Joffre Guerrón (Atlético Paranaense-Brasil)
    Christian Benítez (América-México)
    Michael Arroyo (San Luis-México)
    Jaime Ayoví (Pachuca-México)
    Cristian Suárez (Santos-México)

I'd say it's by far the best convocatoria Rueda has released. I'm pysched to see Valencia, Montero, Noboa and Guerron on the list. I'm glad to see Campos as well. Instead of Bolanos I would have F. Caicedo from EL Naional or Pedro Quinones. Rojas is not on the list but that's because of injury. J.L Anangono should have also been called up, but the forward position is stacked. And like expected Felipe Caicedo wasn't called up even tho he's more than worthy.

23. gymclasshero

gymclasshero Member

Aug 25, 2008
    KCMO
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Alex effin Bolaños? Wow.

24. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Adrian Bone shouldn't be there. Even though he has not received any goals this season, i still think he's not ready. There's something about him that makes me feel like he's insecure. And out of all the defenders JC Paredes doesn't deserve to be there and neither does Diego Calderon if it's in the left back position b/c he's not used to it. Out of all the midfielders Saritama and that piece of sh*t Alex Bolanos shouldn't be there. That's 5 errors on Rueda's part. Let's see if he can minimize that as time goes by. (hopefully he's not even around for that long lol)

Everything else is good. If we added Felipe Caicedo in there somewhere and took out Alex Bolanos and replaced him with Fernando Gaibor that'd be one sick ass team. And replace JC paredes with Jose Madrid and take out Diego Calderon for someone like Mario Pineida who we can try to force to play on the left.

My line up:

Banguera; Valencia, Morante, Erazo, Ayovi; Suarez, Noboa, Castillo, Montero; Benitez, J. Ayovi

or Banguera; Achilier, Morante, Erazo, Ayovi; Valencia, Noboa, Castillo, Suarez; Benitez, Ayovi

we got 2 sick ass players to come off the bench with Guerron and Michael Arroyo along with Mendez.

25. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Well Madrid is injured but even if he wasn't Rueda will not even consider him, him along with Achillier are the two best RB's in Ecuador. And Pineida just recovered from his back injury, and trying him on the left is silly man. And I actually want to see how Paredes and Saritama perform against a quality team like Venezuela. They played well in the last two friendlies but the quality of the opponent wasn't high. If they suck hopefully he sees that they're not NT material. By biggest gripe by far is Alex Bolanos. Flavio Caicedo and Pedro Quinones are better options, and I agree Gaibor should be there instead of him, ( he totally crossed my mind).

As for Diego Calderon, if its the backup LB position that Rueda has in mind for him (W. Ayovi is the starter there without a doubt), who else do we have? Gio Nazareno? Not until he actually learns how how to defend. We don't have that many options behind Ayovi.