Easy to Explain, Hard to Understand: 2019-20 Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by Vulpinous, Sep 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  2. SaI'

SaI' Red Card

May 26, 2019
    Certaldo
  3. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Roma's new policy on transfers should be that they all immediately have their knee operated on to get it out of the way.

4. Hustle and Flow

Hustle and Flow Member+

Roma
    Feb 19, 2018
    Canada
    Well, thankfully Zappacosta's loan is only until January, so if we wanna bring in Hysaj mid-season, we could just send his ass back to Chelsea.

5. Hustle and Flow

Hustle and Flow Member+

Roma
    Feb 19, 2018
    Canada
    Why the hell would Torino want an expensive depreciating asset like that?

Go get a young DM that plays with some balls, like a Santiago Ascacibar, or something.

6. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  7. Hustle and Flow

Hustle and Flow Member+

Roma
    Feb 19, 2018
    Canada
    Piccini busted his knee this past summer. Wouldn't touch him until we see a good sample size of him playing post rehab.

Also, he plays for Valencia. So good luck prying him out of there. We missed the boat signing him a couple of seasons ago.

8. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Have Valencia restructured?

9. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Man, Hysaj would have been great. Of all the FB's we have been linked with the last several years he's been my favorite. Best combination of defensive and offensive skills.

Andreas repped this.
  10. Hustle and Flow

Hustle and Flow Member+

Roma
    Feb 19, 2018
    Canada
    Well, they've finished top 4 in back to back season after being a tire fire for a while. They also have just as much money as us, if not more.

Not saying it'd be impossible, but Piccini would have to request a move, or we'd have to overpay, imo. He's a starter if fit, has 4 years left on his deal, and players want to be in the CL.

They do sack managers quite frequently, though, so perhaps there's a chance of a new manager not fancying him as well. His replacement after being injured was a 20-year-old, though, so I wouldn't hold my breath.

11. SaI'

SaI' Red Card

May 26, 2019
    Certaldo

Let’s bring him home.

12. Hustle and Flow

Hustle and Flow Member+

Roma
    Feb 19, 2018
    Canada
    lol, give him a 6 month loan. It would follow our pattern of assembling a completely random ass squad.

Lazio had Klose, give us Thomas.

13. Matrim

Matrim Member+

Feb 10, 2014
    Club:
    AS Roma
    If someone isn't good enough for a top club, he's good enough for Roma. Ambition isn't something he'd find here, though, it's extinct around these parts.

If he's not good enough for Roma - there's Milan. And if not Milan, there's Fiorentina. Choose your poison.

14. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    If he's not good enough for Fiorentina, he might make it for Milan. JK.. or am I?

15. nguoiaoden

nguoiaoden Member

Feb 3, 2015
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Java65 repped this.
  16. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not sure its fair to say Petrachi has been random. Monchi made a complete mess of the squad and to make it even worse criminally wasted 10's of millions on idiotic purchases.

Petrachi was left with little money, useless players with little value and squad desperately in need of an overhaul. It's vital that we get into the CL next year as we desperately need the money. Since he couldn't afford to buy depth because of that idiot Mongo wasting all our money he went and got players like Mkhitaryan, Smalling, Zappa and Kalinic on loans to help get us that CL spot.

IMO, the loan moves were very smart and really strengthened the squad at very little cost and zero risk.

It's going to take several years to fix the mess Mongo left behind; Nzonzi, Pastore, Schick.. those fees and wages are going to be an anchor around this clubs neck for several more years.

Haakon24, wm72 and nguoiaoden repped this.
  17. Hustle and Flow

Hustle and Flow Member+

Roma
    Feb 19, 2018
    Canada
    lol, I'm aware Petrachi's hand were tied. Was nothing more than a joke. There's almost no chance Thomas Muller comes to Roma.

It's still a super random squad, though.

Java65 repped this.
  18. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I thought his Summer 19 was shrewd. He made smart choices, almost always under the radar. He got players, regardless of loan or purchase, that fit the style of the manager.

It's too early to speak objectively, but Smalling looks like he could be a fantastic season-long acquisition. Veretout adds the energy Roma was lacking in the center. Spinnazzola comes in as a competent LB rather than a prospect who recently tore his ACL, although Spin has his own injury history. Resigning Dzeko and making strong players feel important again was massive, especially after last season. Diawara was showing such good signs of being the hybrid midfielder that is essential for Fonseca ball. I can't wait until he comes back.

I think Petrachi has played his cards really well so far. Can't wait to see what the future has for him here.

HeadBurn3r, mancini30, La Magica and 3 others repped this.
  19. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That match against Cagliari was easily his best and he really started to show what he could do. Then typical Roma luck and he's injuries himself. Like you I can't wait to see him again because that match left me wanting more.

20. Majstor Cevapa

May 1, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
  21. SaI'

SaI' Red Card

May 26, 2019
    Certaldo
    #121 SaI', Oct 24, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2019
  22. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Lol most random transfer I've ever heard off.

SaI' repped this.
  23. SaI'

SaI' Red Card

May 26, 2019
    Certaldo
    We were linked to the Icelandic Bradley Halfredsson also. Would have preferred him

ErPupone repped this.
  24. SaI'

SaI' Red Card

May 26, 2019
    Certaldo

whill4 repped this.
  25. wm72

wm72 Member+

Dec 3, 2010
    New York
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    So is Rodwell just a free agent without a club right now?