Dzeko, dodged a bullet, or set to shine?

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by juventino13, Apr 25, 2011.

1. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    After seeing Dzeko FINALLY score his first league goal for Man City, do you guys think we dodged a bullet, or is he set to explode in the Premier next season? i for one think this goal will finally give him some confidence and he will start banging them in more consistently now. Opinions please, i would like to know what you all think :)

2. phat

phat Viking

Feb 13, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    To early to tell but if he was at Juve half the guys on this board would be screaming SELL!!!

3. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    indeed it is early to tell. i was just wondering what each members personal opinion on this is considering is was such a long transfer saga that in the end didnt go our way. TBH, i think he just needs to find his feet in the premier league and he will be awesome once again. Since he scored his first league goal today, he might well be on his way. And i agree, he probably would've been a huge failure here, but i dont think it would've been his fault. Its quite obvious we would probably not have been able to provide him the service he needs.
    I think hes gonna have a great season next year, especially if Man City gets rid of Balotelli

4. Bianconeri13

Bianconeri13 Member

Dec 21, 2010
    Anaheim, CA
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    he will succeed there unless man city lets him rot on the bench (very possible) and he would have succeeded here

5. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    yea i agree that he might rot on the bench, unless tevez and balotelli leave (which they look like they might) as for him succeeding here at Juve, what makes you think that?

6. Bianconeri13

Bianconeri13 Member

Dec 21, 2010
    Anaheim, CA
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    from what i saw from the bundesliga, i think it could translate here and epl defenses > serie A defenses

7. DaveyGorgeous

DaveyGorgeous Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I still think he will succeed as well. He's not like an Ibra who made his mark putting the crap teams to shame. Dzeko has, countless times, scored against the big boys of the Bundesliga (incl Bayern, Bremen, Stuttgart, etc.) and has hit the net regularly in the CL as well against great sides (incl ManU). He just needs a little time to adapt to a new team and a new league.

8. KensingtonSC

KensingtonSC Still Lazy After All These Years

FC Vaduz / Philadelphia Union
    Jan 7, 2010
    Andalusia, PA
    Club:
    FC Vaduz
    He'll succeed, but only if he's not playing for a coach who loves to play 1-0 anti-football matches. Plus, he's like 23rd on the Man City 79-striker depth chart, so he hardly gets any playing time.

9. phat

phat Viking

Feb 13, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Mancini plays shit football.

10. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    i know right? its so unfortunate that he went for the money and now has to sit on the bench behind all those other strikers, half of them which arent half as good as he is. i think next season he will probably get a few more chances, but i agree, if Mancini stays it will affect the way he plays.

11. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    thats why im soooo against spending big money on forwards, good money should be spent on mid fielders (attacking and wing) and goal keepers. Forwards will usually perform if their team delivers so u need a good cast. You cant expect a superstar forward to just put goals in if the rest arent getting the ball to him.

I think for us it definitely would've been a WASTE to have dzeko cuz the rest of our team sucks. In man city he has an all-star cast so he should be doing better but he also has competition so he's likely to get benched.

12. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    yep i completely agree. i think witht he supporting cast he would have had here he wouldve been a huge disappointment. i hope he gets more playing time at City next season

13. DaveyGorgeous

DaveyGorgeous Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    If its about the supporting cast, then how do you explain him banging in goals for Wolfsburg? He had no great playmaker/distributor there; the team just worked well together and he had Grafite as a partner, so teams couldn't double mark him.

14. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

wolfsburg was the champion just the year before, i dont follow german football much but they were a great team and they started goin down 2nd half of the season

15. DaveyGorgeous

DaveyGorgeous Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    They were a good team, yes, but he didn't have incredibly amount of great balls coming in from a Kaka, Oezil or Sneijder or whomever.

16. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

well maybe they werent world class names but it was good enough. NO one knew ozil til last year either. No way he woulda done any better than quags or matri with our slow ass team.

17. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    agreed, i just dont see how he could've shined here

18. DaveyGorgeous

DaveyGorgeous Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    That's exactly my point. The distributors/playmakers on Wolfsburg were just "good enough" and he was still banging in goals with that "good enough" service. I've watched highlights of him; a lot of his goals also come from his own power and positioning.

19. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    fair enough this might be true, but i think that our team is considerably slower and its amazing how bad we are at distributing the ball so i still think it would have been considerably harder for Dzeko to shine here in Juve, but thats not to say that he wouldnt shine ;)

20. Bianconeri13

Bianconeri13 Member

Dec 21, 2010
    Anaheim, CA
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    we are better than wolfsburg. i know this team is an embarassment for a juventus team and we've had quite a few letdowns + meltdowns but lets not kid ourselves although we are no barcelona we are no low table side, i mean this season is a disaster and were 7th place.

21. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    and whats to say next season will be any better? this team doesnt know how to win and its a damn shame. we need serious reinforcements if we wanna avoid another mid table finish