Dynamo FO/TD Opinions

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by Westside Cosmo, Nov 12, 2015.

1. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. ElNaranja

ElNaranja Member+

Houston Dynamo
    United States
    Jul 16, 2017
    he cant be any worse than whats her name was....

3. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  4. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  5. Tigereye

Tigereye Member+

(ಠ_ಠ)┌∩┐
    Aug 19, 2005
    (ಠ_ಠ)┌∩┐
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
  6. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1) I'd be surprised if the Dynamo ownership group was behind this, just because the notion of having a NWSL team and Lingerie league team owned by the same group would probably cause the SJWs behind women's soccer to erupt.
    2) This could just be someone behind the league just posting a photo of a Houston stadium
    3) This is a bad sign if the Dynamo have to resort to the LFL to fill dates at BBVA Stadium

7. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Gee, I come home from dinner and flip on UDN to see a few minutes of America vs. Toluca and on a goal kick there is a massive “ ahhhhhhh . . . Pluto!!!’”. I can’t believe the Dynamo would not enforce its language policy on the exhibition games by Mexican teams, Just stunned to think Chris Canetti would let this slide because it’s so important to his daughters and society that we are not exposed to such profane and disgusting language.

Surely, the Dynamo Ownership won’t stand for this!!!!!!

8. 7seven7

7seven7 Member+

May 5, 2008
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    there's no way you can stop that radical group of Planet 9 enthusiasts. They just won't let the demotion go!

*rey* and Westside Cosmo repped this.
  9. juvechelsea

juvechelsea Member+

Feb 15, 2006
    #1934 juvechelsea, Jan 2, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2018
    What if they find the speculative Planet 9. Not Pluto, the other one.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planet_Nine

However I must point out that of all the teams in town we are the least space-ish. Astros, Rockets, even the Texans have a star on their cow, which is clearly intended to suggest even our cows are into astronomy. But we're the Dynamo. Sponsored by an energy company.

So why not zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzt. Or Drill baby drill. etc. Silly fans.

10. 7seven7

7seven7 Member+

May 5, 2008
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    we have a star in our crest right? im too lazy to look but my minds eye says that is true.
    now those damn sabrecats; they are the real cosmological heretics!

Heft repped this.
  11. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  12. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  13. juvechelsea

juvechelsea Member+

Feb 15, 2006
    Operation Mean Joe Greene: "we'll entice season ticket purchases with a bottle of coke and a stinky jersey"

Westside Cosmo repped this.
  14. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I’m sure Operation Mean Joe Greene will be a success, but maybe paying attention to website details like removing the Seattle playoff ticket option and link to purchase for a game 45 days ago might be important as well (watch, it gets removed before anyone else sees it)

http://www.houstondynamo.com/tickets

Dynamo will give away Pepsi and unsold Dynamo BHP sponsored jerseys instead

15. Soccergodlss

Soccergodlss Member+

Jun 21, 2004
    Houston
    Club:
    FC Kaiserslautern
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    At the moment, I’m glad that I didn’t rebuy season tickets immediately after last season. Wondering when some new player moves are gonna be made.

*rey* repped this.
  16. kruck

kruck Member+

Jan 12, 2008
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    New players? I was just excited to keep Elis. I don't see any splashes happening unless Torres goes to LigaMX.

17. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lucatero apparently good enough to at least be considered by Necaxa but not good enough for the Dynamo or RGV? I expect he’d be on their reserves but still what the hell is the issue with the Dynamo failure to develop anyone?

“I thought I was there to play and make mistakes and learn from them because in the end that’s how you get better – playing consistently and learning from mistakes,” Lucatero said. “So, to me, it just felt like developing me wasn’t important in a way.”

http://www.chron.com/sports/dynamo/...h-Liga-12485540.php?__twitter_impression=true

*rey* repped this.
  18. Soccergodlss

Soccergodlss Member+

Jun 21, 2004
    Houston
    Club:
    FC Kaiserslautern
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I saw last season as a start to something better, I don’t think resigning a bunch of current players and losing depth in other areas moving forward. If you aren’t moving forward, you’re regressing. There is no standstill.

19. 7seven7

7seven7 Member+

May 5, 2008
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Losing Luca is disheartening. Especially since it appears that it was a true loss; meaning we got little or nothing in return.

what an abysmal joke our player development has been for years now. we can't identify any youth, can't grow them and when we do, we let them walk out the door.

All this so we can trawl the B devisions of central and south america for two year fill ins.

PS

Dale Dynamo or something

*rey* and Westside Cosmo repped this.
  20. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I saw this on twitter today, there is a link in the thread below to a salary worksheet including estimates of allocation money used which seems quite complete from publicly available information. It does NOT incorporate transfer fee costs and investments but otherwise on a cash salary basis it seems pretty accurate.

And the conclusion is that the Dynamo are bottom 5 club in terms of annual spending on salary, will below the league mean and median

http://mobile.twitter.com/tutulismyname/status/950717269679669248

21. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In fairness we all have to see how the next 2-3 weeks play out but I think barring a sale of Cubo, no big moves coming.

The elephant in the room as I see it is that the league is allowing clubs to now self-fund I think $3 million of TAM over the next 2 seasons and will the Dynamo do that or stay forever as a have-not in MLS.

22. kruck

kruck Member+

Jan 12, 2008
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Dynamo:

[​IMG]

naranjableeder and *rey* repped this.
  23. *rey*

*rey* Member+

Feb 22, 2006
    Houston
    Thank you for saying this. As the resident Mexican, I’m not allowed to bad-mouth Central American football hence it be taken as me being a coolarrow. BUT if you’re gonna build a dynasty you ain’t going to do it with players from Olimpia, Communicaciones, Police Force, etc. We’ve graduated from Canadians/Jamaicans to Hondurans.

7seven7 and Heft repped this.
  24. Heft

Heft BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 20, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Cubo Torres besides the first half of 2017 has not lived up to the expectations. If they transfer him, and don’t replace him with a DP would be a very Dynamo thing to do.

25. kruck

kruck Member+

Jan 12, 2008
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    I wouldn't mind seeing Torres go at all. I hope they would use whatever money became available on different players.