Dynamo FO/TD Opinions

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by Westside Cosmo, Nov 12, 2015.

1. 7seven7

7seven7 Member+

May 5, 2008
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    well, we have gone a few years with out one of our SGs being banned from some where. I guess it was only a matter of time.

That being said, this initial complaint and ban by Frisco looks weak as dish water.

I pray to Zeus that some drunk a$$ P.O.S. from our side doesn't start anything with their supporters (both of them) when we play them here. Our retaliation needs to be dripping with class and wit. Not via some vulgar, cro-magnon, little pee pee response.

I look forward to the clever TIFOs!

2. Dynamo_Forever

Dynamo_Forever Member+

Aug 9, 2007
    Clear Lake, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Dynamo's response should be to impose the same restrictions on the FCD traveling fans until the hoops front office can get over their butt hurt that our fans are more spirited.

3. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  4. DynamoManiac

DynamoManiac Member+

Jan 27, 2014
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    The Dynamo probably orchestrated the whole thing with FCD to get passions stoked and sell more tickets for this game.

5. MannieG

MannieG Member+

Nov 30, 2006
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I feel ya. Pettiness aside - it's not like they bring much to begin with.

6. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I raised this question yesterday (see below) - and while it seems crazy, I spent an hour online Monday listening to Canetti attempt to blame the media for not creating enough "storylines" for Dynamo coverage that would stoke interest and increased attendance while at the same time employing a coach who closes most of practice to the media and stifles interest a bit. Canetti seemed resolute that if the media just did more, his problems would go away. (Apparently parting ways with Lester Gresech at the end of last year and hiring an ex-Texans PR guy hasn't solved his problems)

7. juvechelsea

juvechelsea Member+

Feb 15, 2006
    Of course. Couldn't be the fact people given a pre-trip list of "don'ts" did one of them (three times) tailgating before the game even started, at a stadium that has a flammable construction site. Can't buy the conspiracy theory when they've done this for 4 road games which would probably take 2-3 years, if fully enforced.

League vs Dallas, I assume the league monitors the SGs and lots for CYA purposes but I am sure FCD when handed a reason to exclude loud rival road fans were like, where do I sign up, I'll write the letter myself. Sure, we make them some money, but the Hunts have been in the league for years not selling a ton of tickets, and maintaining some sort of principle, even if fairly lame in reality, might make it worth it.

If you were smart, instead of getting all self righteous, you apologize and ask for leniency and make a point of following the rules for a while til this blows over. If they told you no flares and someone brought flares, I don't care if an anti-flare rule is lame, get over it. Take responsibility quickly and the onus goes on them to not impose draconian restrictions for years that undercut the impact of the traveling party in a rivalry game.

8. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pretty sure EB isn't going to admit they erred in anything. Seems we got some semantics argument about flares in parking lots were somehow allowed.

The solutions is simple: All traveling supporters for the game should be issued yellow cards by the BBVA Compass Stadium ushers retroactively for the Dallas game.

El Naranja repped this.
  9. Heft

Heft BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 20, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    MLS problems

CeltTexan and *rey* repped this.
  10. juvechelsea

juvechelsea Member+

Feb 15, 2006
    If that is actually the case, a little humility would still be in order, "we spoke with ______ and were misinformed about whether flares were allowed in the lots, we are sorry if it violated your understanding of your house rules, we will correct this in the future." If FCD and MLS then want to keep beating us over the head, they're the jerks.

Wanna be proud, well, enjoy 3 years of buying individual tickets and not having SG rights there.

Let's be real, though, the flare thing is generally taboo and done for that purpose. "See how outlaw we are...."

11. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    EB won the flare-off vs. TA!!!

12. El Naranja

El Naranja Member+

Sep 5, 2006
    Alief
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    id rather eat my own vomit. or worse....move to dallas.

13. juvechelsea

juvechelsea Member+

Feb 15, 2006
    FCD fan's thought.

14. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    First time I've ever heard of someone getting goosebumps over marketing brochures, but then again I've never manufactured enthusiasm anywhere near this guy:

TX Bill, DynamoManiac and *rey* repped this.
  15. El Naranja

El Naranja Member+

Sep 5, 2006
    Alief
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The benefits cant be nearly as awesome as the 06 plaque. Or the chance to buy tickets first to the next Chivas v Dynamo away game! :D

16. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How far has this club fallen? It's a big deal to get close to a sellout:

17. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Our FO reported that over 1,100 tickets were sold for our hinchada. Westie, swing on by and we will teach you some of our club's songs soN! For Leo..

Heft repped this.
  18. Heft

Heft BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 20, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Let's say I wanted to join your gang, do we just stand around singing songs, or do we get to break some heads?

19. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    HA! Gang. More like Houstonians spread out across our vast city that work all week and want live outdoor football on the weekends which happens to bring us together. It really is that simple Heft.
    Osea, join our choir to sing songs to back our Houston players, behave like choir boys when you want. We don't tell grown men how to live their own lives.

AcetheTigah, Soccergodlss and Heft repped this.
  20. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FO reported sellouts of SG sections of about 800 tickets earlier in the year but crowd shots showed sections weren't crowded. I'm not doubting your intensity and vigor, just this FO constantly spinning things.

One look at FlashSeats today shows demand is good but nowhere near what the manufactured enthusiasm machine is spitting out:

And what "record" is it? Surely he can't claim it's as strong as it was at Robertson

Soccergodlss repped this.
  21. nbrooks503

nbrooks503 Previously Held @Dynamo Hostage From 2008-2019

Jun 1, 2008
    Disgruntled Former STH - Fairweather Bandwaggoner
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can understand the closing of practice for the preseason, and perhaps even for the first month of the season to get some kind of cohesion and find that elusive "identity", but the continued practice of only allowing access for the first and last 15 minutes is self defeating.

I had the good fortune to be able to attend just about all practices from 2008 on, and can only remember a couple of time during the playoffs when Dom closed part of the practice for finishing and other tricks, so I really don't understand the reason to exclude. Especially since Corey has greatly improved coverage of the team as that is his sole responsibility.

They've also tightened up on access to players, with player availability limited to certain days (such as Westside and Juve available Thursday). And provide daily quotes - which to me seem to be just enabling those news organizations that are too damn lazy to ask the questions themselves.

Never understood why the Dynamo chose to leak or release major stories to Mark Berman either and not go with the only organization that consistently covers them (I mean does anyone really watch 26 for news?)

But then what do I know - I'm just a bloke with an expensive camera habit.

DynamoManiac repped this.
  22. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Their ex-Texans PR guy is trying to use the NFL PR model on a team with 1/20th the level of media interest of an NFL team. NFL folks have no sense of promotion become they don't need to

23. El Naranja

El Naranja Member+

Sep 5, 2006
    Alief
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Has to be a BBVA record. Off top of my head i know the entire North End was SGs for the 07 playoff games and thats at least 2000 there. Used to be some amazing video on YouTube of that but i dont think its there anymore.

24. DynamoManiac

DynamoManiac Member+

Jan 27, 2014
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Not sure that's it. Zac was here last year and none of this stuff went on - except the leaking to tv channels and that was always Canetti, not Dynamo PR. What's going on this year is 180 from what Zac was trying to do last year.

25. TX Bill

TX Bill Member+

Apr 3, 2006
    Sugar Land TX
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That Zalaski twitter feed is cringeworthy.

After ten years, I guess the front office still feels like they have to market the club this way. It tells me we have the wrong people in place.

Cringe.

CeltTexan and Heft repped this.