Dynamo FO/TD Opinions

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by Westside Cosmo, Nov 12, 2015.

1. 7seven7

7seven7 Member+

May 5, 2008
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    what the hell is a grinder?

PS

what is it outside of the fetish sex scene i mean

Beavis Stiffler repped this.
  2. Heft

Heft BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 20, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    A hero, hoagie, sub, etc

MannieG repped this.
  3. newtex

newtex Member+

May 25, 2005
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Specifically, a grinder was originally a toasted sandwich or one made with heated meat in it although it generally just means a big sandwich. Might be long like a sub or just roundish.

Heft repped this.
  4. 7seven7

7seven7 Member+

May 5, 2008
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    my sarcasm didn't bleed through, sorry. i'm familiar with the carpet bagger definition of the sandwich. just found it odd that some marketing guru choose that vernacular for this region.

PS

What is PEE-can pie?

CeltTexan and Beavis Stiffler repped this.
  5. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    TX Bill repped this.
  6. repin1836

repin1836 Member

Jan 26, 2006
    Houston
    I was really hoping Colin Clark would show up on this... almost a community service-like activity.

7seven7 and CeltTexan repped this.
  7. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    God, that whole thing was pathetic with Clark and MLS, apparently no one ever played a sport before where language was used.

I sensed after the left wing WNBA marketing director left that they toned down the social justice warrior aspect of being a Dynamo fan but I guess you can't fully get rid of that.

TX Bill repped this.
  8. *rey*

*rey* Member+

Feb 22, 2006
    Houston
    naranjableeder repped this.
  9. naranjableeder

naranjableeder Member+

Houston Dynamo
    United States
    Jul 30, 2006
    In the Terraces
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    there are waaaaaaaay to many campaigns in this snowflake riddled country. By the time I am 50 (32 now) and at the rate we are going. There will be words or phrases that are illegal to say, because people get offended.

TX Bill repped this.
  10. Heft

Heft BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 20, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    There is a growing backlash against this insanity.

11. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What tipped it for ya!

The movement to be offended and look to gain from it either politically or socially all started in a new wave of strength back in 2006 with one Sylvia Garcia.
    Since then, more and more Americans have learned that if one bitches long enough and loud enough...they will get their way.

12. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Any chance I get to poke fun at that absurd BBVA stadium usher yellow card program i am gonna take. That was one of the silliest and most absurd things the Dynamo FO came up with and then to rent the stadium out to Chivas the next week was laughable

Not withstanding Baghdad Brett's soccer evaluation abilities and manufacturing of enthusiasm, it does seem some sanity has returned to the FO on some of these "initiatives"

13. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You mean our FO looking to instill a snitch culture in our youth while watching live pro soccer isn't what you pay good money for to attend Houston Dynamo home games?!?

14. tex0313

tex0313 Member

Dec 17, 2005
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    i find the below email very insincere as i highly doubt that he has the time to meet with 1,000 disgruntled fans for coffee or lunch. anyone else receive this today? i got it at 3:57pm.

[XXXX],

Good afternoon. I hope you don’t mind me reaching out today to talk Dynamo. I’m trying to connect with some long-standing Dynamo fans like yourself. I know that you and your family have been great supporters since the beginning.

I also know that you are frustrated with the team’s performance and the direction of the club over the last few years.

I can totally understand your frustrations. They are fair.

We went through a tough period as a result of numerous factors.

But, although it is early in the 2017 season, it is clear that we are headed back in the right direction as we rebuild the team. There is a clear plan and path to success. With a new coach, several new players, a new playing style, things are substantially different and improved.

I am hoping you’d be willing to talk in more detail about the team and the direction we are headed.

I’d be happy to meet for coffee, jump on a call, or have you to the stadium for lunch. Whatever works best for you!

Let me know. I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

Chris Canetti
    President
    Houston Dynamo
    713.276.75[XX]

15. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Translation: we aren't selling many new tickets so it's time to hit up non-renewing folks to try and move sales.

I think they will draw decent for RBNY since 3 weeks between home games but I'm gonna guess reality of how much they let the product and stadium experience slip and how many fans lost is hitting them hard.

I'm telling you, the damage the last 3 years did to the fanbase will take years to undo. I consider myself a solid long-time Dynamo fan and STH from the start and while the start is good, I'm just fine watching them from my TV or computer.

16. El Naranja

El Naranja Member+

Sep 5, 2006
    Alief
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    seriously he isnt a bad conversationalist if you can get him in a small group or even one v one. his corporate speak is inversaly proportional to the number of people around.

17. TX Bill

TX Bill Member+

Apr 3, 2006
    Sugar Land TX
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Winner.

18. Dynamo_Forever

Dynamo_Forever Member+

Aug 9, 2007
    Clear Lake, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yea I got a phone call a few weeks ago asking why I dropped my season tickets in 2016. Then it was a hard sales pitch for partial season tickets for this season.

19. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They didnt bother following up at all with me then right before the season started got a generic email from Canetti (cut and pasted in mostly from the email that went to STH), got some friends and family code and a plea to buy from Brian Ching before the Columbus game and then another generic one I think last week from ticketing.

I just find it funny they made almost zero retention effort until after this season actually started

20. Heft

Heft BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 20, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    I know the Dynamo phone numbers and never answer them.

21. *rey*

*rey* Member+

Feb 22, 2006
    Houston
    Did they don't need us.

All those Honduran fans on Facebook swooped up and bought the 3,000 season tickets that we left behind.

Heft, MLSNHTOWN and Westside Cosmo repped this.
  22. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The FO thought it was a better investment to take STH retention program spending and reallocate it into developing a concept taking repackaged concession food ans increasing prices and calling it "Taste of EaDo".

23. juvechelsea

juvechelsea Member+

Feb 15, 2006
    MLS: "Costa Rican teammates Elis & Quioto in full effect"

24. nbrooks503

nbrooks503 Previously Held @Dynamo Hostage From 2008-2019

Jun 1, 2008
    Disgruntled Former STH - Fairweather Bandwaggoner
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good evening.

Just got back from a semi-total internet blackout Vegas style, so I'm catching up - and also somewhat confused.

If you dropped your season tickets shouldn't you change your nom de net?

25. nbrooks503

nbrooks503 Previously Held @Dynamo Hostage From 2008-2019

Jun 1, 2008
    Disgruntled Former STH - Fairweather Bandwaggoner
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How in the F did you get back?????

I thought that I had my former agency place you on DO NOT ADMIT status.

DynamoManiac and *rey* repped this.