Dynamo 2020 Season Ticket Prices & Discounts

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by Westside Cosmo, Nov 19, 2019.

1. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's been a while on this, but did anyone ever figure out what the discount that "Captain" (2-4 years tenure) and "Legend" (5+ years tenure) members actually got?

Below is a link to the posted season ticket prices per month over 10 months (which makes the calculation easy although they still have the October-July prices posted even though we are now in late November - I can infer they aren't getting much inbound ticket calls if no one has noticed it).

For example, West Sideline seats are $980 per season to new buyers but what did the existing holder pay? Or whatever section any of you on here are in.

@nbrooks503 - your calculation is harder because of the club meals being included in the mandatory(?) fee added on to the club seats.

http://houstondynamo365.com/3/

2. NicaMexicano

NicaMexicano Member

Aug 6, 2008
    Houston
    Good question. We moved sections to not spend as much. Based on what's posted on that link, and using 18 games as the standard for comparison, our prices are about 30% less than what is posted here. I don't recall what they advertised as "legend" level savings.

However, I was already warned that my new section is one where most of the 713 buyers will be placed, so we are going in knowing we paid more than those around us. I'm ok with that.

3. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hinchada section. Standing. STH. We get to wear wristbands like Dynamo home games are some rave to attend! HA!

4. nbrooks503

nbrooks503 Previously Held @Dynamo Hostage From 2008-2019

Jun 1, 2008
    Disgruntled Former STH - Fairweather Bandwaggoner
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I took a screen shot of my online account prior to them disappearing it. This was before the new prices were officially announced.

My 2019 pricing for a single seat was $97.25 for 20 games.

My 2020 pricing was $2115 ($105 for 17 games, with a $15 service charge and a $315 "Membership" fee.) The membership fee included access to club with food and beverage.

The 2020 pricing for a first time STH is $2320 ($117.05 for 17 games plus $315 membership and $15 service fee)

Shortly after I began asking the ticket rep about it, the account disappeared and the only price you could find was the combined pricing.

I never received a satisfactory explanation as to how my 2020 pricing reflected an average 35% discount. I believe that they are using BS math and factoring in the reductions in price in some areas to come up with the average 'stadium" and not section pricing.

TheyCavalierMyDynamobaby.jpg

5. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought a few comments in this reddit thread were interesting. It's clear that the Dynamo FO has started to go back thru the list of folks who have cancelled in prior years and tried to re-sell them on season tickets, err . . . . memberships.

Whenever they hit up folks who haven't had tickets for a few years, I start to question all of their exclamations about increased interest in tickets and demand for certain seats, seems like if there was this reported level of interest in the general public they wouldn't reach back to folks who have cancelled.

http://www.reddit.com/r/dynamo/comments/eemwi0/how_to_let_down_dynamo_ticket_sales_rep_easy/