Duvan Zapata

Discussion in 'Colombians Abroad' started by Clenbuterol, Sep 19, 2011.

1. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    kromekote, Azucarero and HomietheClown repped this.
  2. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    His mini- slump is over.

pepinointer and Azucarero repped this.
  3. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I know it will likely go to CR7, but if Atalanta, makes it to Champions League, Duvan should get some serious consideration for player of the year - am I crazy/ too much Colombian bias in thinking that?

4. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Piatek is playing out of his mind too. He is the best pure goal poacher in the league in my opinion.

But I am not really into individual awards so personally I don't care who wins it.

pepinointer repped this.
  5. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    And Quagliarella who scored the Penalty for Sampdoria is playing out of his mind too.

pepinointer repped this.
  6. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    villus, Azucarero and HomietheClown repped this.
  7. Bomb8

Bomb8 Member+

Jun 19, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Two goals today! 19 goals in Serie A, same as Ronaldo.

villus, Azucarero and HomietheClown repped this.
  8. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    villus, Bomb8 and J-Mezzy repped this.
  9. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

pibe10, villus, crzdcolombian and 3 others repped this.
  10. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    jay luis repped this.
  11. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    #1011 villus, Mar 31, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2019
    Two solid center forward goals. The first specifically his work off the ball is great to shed his marker and get into the best possible spot at the best possible time to score that goal. Looks like he's been learning from Falcao :). He has to start for us, he's just so damn good. I wouldn't be surprised to see big clubs trying to get him this summer, the guy has been knocking on the door and has finally put the whole package together, if we can see James/Quintero with Duvan in the qualifiers I think we could see something really special in our attack.

That goal first goal shows some of his qualities if you look close. He occupies two defenders at the start, then when they get into the box he has almost 3 players drawn to him opening up space for someone else to get on the ball, then pulls them and sheds the markers to flash into the best possible spot. He's a threat on the ground and in the air, so he occupies a lot of defenders who can't give him space, he also is very good at drawing those defenders and playing in his teammates, the guy makes his team so much better past his goals and on top of that defends from the front really well. I love Duvan as a player so much.

Furnaccio and Azucarero repped this.
  12. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Really encouraging development from Duvan. His timing and read of the game is on the up.

13. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    nah

J-Mezzy, pepinointer and Azucarero repped this.
  14. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Colombian bias.

Atlanta had a very good team maybe zapata is the better this season.....

But contribution of papu and others have been great

J-Mezzy repped this.
  15. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    Yeah the awards are always funny, not sure how they are in Italy but they tend to give it to players from teams that win and not always the best player. ie. Modric getting ballon d'or. Either way I think people in Italy have definitely recognized what a great season Duvan is having. It will be interesting to see what happens in the summer, I really hope he stays though with a couple additions Atalanta could do really well.

pepinointer repped this.
  16. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    It’s wishful thinking, but I would love to see Atalanta beef up their roster and try and compete in champions/Europa league next year.

Zapata is on a two season loan deal, right? So i guess he can’t go back to Sampdoria after this season...

17. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    I think they bought him outright? It actually works for both parties, Quagrialla is playing really well as a 9 and Duvan is as well at Atalanta. They knew what they were getting I remember that video posted in here of the celebrations when they got Duvan and they had flares and brought him in front of a ton of fans. Perfect match.

18. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    From all I’ve seen it’s a 2-year loan deal. If he was bought, even better news!

Last rumor I saw was that Newcastle was watching him. Benitez is familiar with Duvan from Napoli. I’d rather he stay at Atalanta and build something special rather than be in the shuffle with Newcastle

19. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    He become the all time Colombian scorer in Italy. He basically didn’t start scoring until
    December. So his numbers are extra impressive. His scoring has cooled now that they are playing with 2 strikers.

I’d like him at Juve. Best team that needs a #9. If stay away from inter that place is a shit show right now.

20. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    No a big team for him....

In inter he would be vice lautaro too...

21. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    I think he actually would be a really good fit at Juve. He's a very good complimentary #9, he occupies tons of attention from defenders and is very good at creating for others while also carrying his own defensively. He's an upgrade to Mandzukic offensively, he'd be a good fit. His skillset and ability to play in others and defend makes him a very easy to sell beside very good attackers like Ronaldo etc, I really want to see him given a good run and all our attacking talent around him to see how that team would work.

22. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    him holding defenders with Dybala/Cuadrado on the right and Ronaldo on the left... could really be something those his goal amount would def be lower

23. Bomb8

Bomb8 Member+

Jun 19, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Duvan might have the talent and the right qualities for Juventus but I have doubts about his mental strength. This is his first good season in Serie A and also his first season without serious competition. Maybe those two things are connected?

He also had difficulties adapting to Atalanta. At Juventus there is a lot more pressure and Zapata doesn't seem to be a very determined personality, quite the opposite, he is a bit shy and perhaps even too humble.

24. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    After watching that Kean kid play for Juventus and the Italian National team the last few months I think it is safe to say I don't want Duvan going to that team in Torino.
    Duvan would probably just eat bench there with the emergence of that Striker.

25. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Keane nor Lautaro are better then Duvan. The real question is if Duvan is a 1 season wonder. Both the other 2 have less then 5 goals and are U21