Duvan Zapata

Discussion in 'Colombians Abroad' started by Clenbuterol, Sep 19, 2011.

1. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Staying in Italy is good news.

villus repped this.
  2. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    He will learn the dance of papu gomez.....good thing

3. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    That was horrible. ^

jay luis repped this.
  4. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    1019191051469447168 is not a valid tweet id

Safe to say the Atalanta fans are pretty excited about the signing.

jay luis repped this.
  5. jay luis

jay luis Member+

Sep 14, 2013
    Corona, Nyc
    Club:
    Deportivo Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Thats pretty cool

6. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I hope he'll make the upgrade we all are waiting for to be our main striker for the qualifiers. I don't see Falcao and Bacca being part of it so now it's time for Duvan, Borja and Muriel to increase their form and Duvan for me has everything to be a starter for Colombia.

minus, villus and pepinointer repped this.
  7. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    I think for sure in the games where we are going to be a bit more defensive Duvan should be the starter. He's set up perfectly to seize the opportunity if he can play well, Ilicic, and Papu right behind him is two dynamite offensive players that could really benefit from Duvan's work. Also he should get ton of minutes, the starting spot is there for him to grab for himself.

8. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Bacca is done... please never again on the NT. Don’t care if he score 90 goals next season. Give other players a shot

As for Falcao if he still scoring bring him. None of our strikers scored 15 last season not going to change any time soon. I don’t see Falcao one qatar I do see him getting us there. Hopefully we can win the Copa America for him.

Don’t see Duvan ever replacing falcaos numbers or getting anywhere near 30 goals

9. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    The Duvan who looked pretty good in Peru during WCQ is what we all want to see in the 2022 cycle. That probably means ironically as a supporting striker to Falcao (as he was in that game) or some weird new formation with him and Borja out there.

I have always loved his movement and positioning. I also think he can take advantage of teams on set pieces in the air because everyone will be keyed in on Mina.

He did not look good in the Asian friendlies though. I hope he does not play like that this next cycle and it was just an off couple games for him.

10. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    I hadnt realized that Atlanta had finished in Europa League positions, so that's a positive for Duvan. Hoping he can make a strong impact this year.

HomietheClown repped this.
  11. minus

minus Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2004
    Portugal
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I would aslo add Santo Borre to that list.

pibe10 repped this.
  12. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Yes. He still needs to keep his good form in River because he is still inconsistant in my opinion but totally agree to consider him as one of our strikers for the next years.

13. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Santos Borree needs to learn how to be more efficient with the chances he gets. Misses too many opportunities.

Azucarero repped this.
  14. SoyDelMustang

SoyDelMustang Member+

Dec 24, 2007
    Flushing,Queens
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Not holding my breath with Santos Borre. He doesn’t have that killer instinct you’d need from a 9 and we have other options upfront that are better than him as a support striker. Hope he does well for himself but he doesn’t convince me for a second.

Azucarero repped this.
  15. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    #815 pepinointer, Jul 22, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2018
    Santos borre will kill himself because the coach soydelmustang isnt convinced by him..

with other options of his age are really better than him to discard a player that have been consistent in 2018? list me the names please...for me isnt so clear that are a lot of better options in tbe future....

this post remember me the genius that 10 years ago discarded falcao because he wasnt as good as rodallega and edixon perea

pocos jugadores colombianos se ven que trazen tan buenas diagonales como las de borre y que se asocien tan bien con sus volantes.

16. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    opportunities that he gets because of his movements and position...not all have that habilities..
    remeber me a lot of falcao at the beginnings

17. SoyDelMustang

SoyDelMustang Member+

Dec 24, 2007
    Flushing,Queens
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Not me. Pekerman didn’t either lol. I’m sure we’ll be okay with Duvan, Muriel, Borja, Cucho or any new kid that’ll pop up.

18. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    #818 pepinointer, Jul 22, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2018
    Descartar un jugador de 23 años que cada vez esta mejor, menor que todos los que nombras menos cucho..habla mucho de tu criterio futbolistico...

Si duvan y muriel a liderarnos a pesar de que no son capacez de marcar....mas de 11 goles por temporada desde que estan en europa...completando carreras mediocres...pero borre no tiene killer isntict.

Que mediocridad descartar un jugador de 23 años que este año lo que ha mostrado es mejoria, apariciones salvadores en partidos importantes y la confianza de uno de los mejores entrenador del contintinente como gallardo.

Pekerman lo ha llamado varias veces....de hecho mas que duvan.

Muy mediocre de tu parte descartarlo, y proponer al duo de mediocres de 28 años de muriel y zapata cmo salavadores.

Los numeros de borre entre goles marcados y partidos jugados son buenisimos....si lo que te preocupa es el killer instict

19. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Que asco los que desean mal a jugadores jovenes. de 22 años..con sus “analiisis profundos“

20. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    Borre hasn't shown enough to think he's likely to be in the mix in the next four years. He's still putting it together but he doesn't really do much that stands out to think that he's so much better or has a higher ceiling then Martinez, Duvan, Muriel, Borja or Cucho. But I'd be happy if he did break through and he did take off, Falcao hit his absolute ceiling and is a massive outlier based on his skillset and athletic makeup. That's not a knock its a huge compliment, Falcao is like a 1 in a 100 prospect who through his determination and intelligence became an elite striker at his peak, but I really wouldn't expect that to repeat itself often.

21. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Borja failed in Italy and Argentina by Borres age. Was no where near as good in the colombian league when he started out. He also had 1 good year in colombia. Then went to Brazil for big money. He is getting better but 25 and has 2 goals in 8 games. Most promising of the bunch

Duvan - 27 has yet to score for Colombia in 5 games. Yet to score more then 11 in Italy

Muriel.... billed as the Colombian Fat Ronaldo. Too streaky 2 goals in 20 games//// yea not a fan

Cucho.... he is 19 and seems like the real deal but only did it in spanish 2nd div. Lets all wait a bit before we get tats with his name on it

Yerry Mina a CB has 6 goals :) This he scored the most other then James and Falcao for us these past 1-2 years.

To me Cassiera, Cucho, Borja and Borre are the most promising.

I dont rate Muriel highly at all. Duvan I like he is big but his lack of scoring for Club or country should really not put him in any conversation till he picks up his stats. Personally I like Cordoba better then Zapata he just had a super shit season last year

22. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Falcao would put better shots on target though. That is a key difference.

23. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    hmmm his rate wasnt that good before movinh to portugal...

remember a superclasico in 2009 how he failed a chance alone with abpndanizierri with time and space

is so young

24. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I remember Falcao putting better shots on target at this age. Maybe not in the goal but on target at a much better rate than Borre.

25. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Again comparing someone to Falcao or James is insane!!!

Only in our wildest dream is every shit Corre loco in the Colombian league a potential Falcao or James. We will be insanely lucky to produce another one of those 2 again in our lifetimes.