News: Dutch players at home and abroad worthy to be tracked in connection with the Dutch NT - Part 4

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by DRB300, Sep 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. https://www.ad.nl/buitenlands-voetb...fers-dost-na-100-duels-bij-sporting~a7fd2cb6/
    Duizelingwekkende cijfers Dost na 100 duels bij Sporting

Bas Dost speelde gisteravond tegen Rio Ave (1-3 winst) zijn honderdste officiële wedstrijd voor Sporting Lissabon. En uiteraard scoorde hij in zijn jubileumduel, want in de Portugese competitie loopt de spits nog altijd één op één.

Wietse Dijkstra 04-12-18, 22:30 Laatste update: 22:36

2. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Too bad he couldnt kick a hole in a wet paper bag for Oranje

3. Solution: "Alle ballen op Bas":D

4. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    Van Dijk totally owned Lukaku! Granted, Man Utd, as a whole, didn't do anything meaningful to harm Liverpool backline. Wijnaldum had a solid game as well. Did a great job providing an outlet, and recycled the ball quite efficiently. I can't believe Mourinho lasted as long he did. Surely he past his expiration date and is due for a pink slip.

5. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    Justin Kluivert scored his first goal today at Serie A with a beautiful run and finish. Also added an assist.

6. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Too bad he will miss out when Ajax take the CL trophy this spring

Brilliant Dutch repped this.
  7. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    de Ligt won the Golden Boy award as the best youth player in Europe. Liverpool's Alexander-Arnold was 2nd with Justin Kluivert 3rd.

Brilliant Dutch and BaritoPutra repped this.
  8. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesnt vGaal have a better record than Mourinho does at this stage of the season??

9. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands

10. As I predicted de Ligt was awarded the "Golden Boy" trophy.

11. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I hope Kluivert gets called up for the Wit-Rusland game in March

12. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Dost is also on fire at sporting.he barely has come back from injury and has raced in front on the top scorer in primeria liga board.

When I look at the players around him at sporting and how simple they make life for him, its a shame that dutch coaches couldnt do the same.

13. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    Why did it take so long.....?:D:p Sacked today.

14. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    ManU need to hire a technical director before they even consider a new manager. That was the big problem with Mourinho; he didn't want anyone looking over his shoulder.

15. Dutch CD youngster in ManCity stable:
    http://www.football-oranje.com/sandler-hoping-for-manchester-city-debut/
    Sandler hoping for Manchester City debut
    Posted by admin on December 14th, 2018 07:53 PM | Dutchmen Abroad, News

Phillipe Sandler is returning to fitness and is hoping to get his chance in the Manchester City first team this winter.

[​IMG]

The 21-year-old made the move from PEC Zwolle to Manchester City in the summer but has struggled with injury issues since then.

Speaking to the club’s official website, Sandler said he is returning to fitness and is ready to be called on if Pep Guardiola needs him.

He said, “I’ve been back in training for about six weeks after tearing my meniscus and I had my first full game against Barnsley in the Checkatrade Trophy.

“It’s a lot different here in England. Physically, it’s much more demanding and Pep wants us to play a certain way and one that I am, of course, learning.”

Sandler believes his playing style is one of the reasons he was brought in by the Premier League champions, “You have to be confident on the ball, able to receive passes under pressure and be able to start playing out from deep positions – that’s how I played in Holland and that is why I was brought to City.

“I think my playing style is the reason I’m here now because I play in a way the manager wants.

“All the central defenders we have at City are top-line players and it’s a privilege to be able to train with them and learn from them every day.

“I watch every game closely and during every training session watch what they do, how they cope with the pressure in certain situations and suchlike.

“It’s really good here – the players and the staff have been great with me and the I really like Manchester as a city and the people are really nice, too. I’m really happy.”

The new year schedule sees Manchester City play several matches in close succession and Sandler is hoping to make his debut, “The main thing for me was to get fit and I’m getting there – not quite at the same match fitness level as I need to be yet, but obviously I’m working hard to be 100% fit and ready to play if needed.

“If I can get an opportunity to be involved in any of the squads in the New Year it would be fantastic, but I just have to work hard and see what happens
    .”

Meanwhile in Liverpool the 16 year old Dutchman Ki-Jana Hoever (central defender) is shifted into the first team selection.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spo...pool-promote-exciting-dutch-prospect-15570384

[​IMG]
    Sport
    [​IMG]
    Ki-jana Hoever trains with Liverpool first team (Image: Nick Taylor/Liverpool FC/Liverpool FC via Getty Images)

16. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    Virgil van Dijk scored his first goal for Liverpool in the Premier League today. In that match, he had a clean sheet, almost 92% passing accuracy, 2 tackles and 5 clearances.

Boss.

17. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Locadia scored against Arsenal today

18. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    He could score three goals and he is still not good enough for the NT.

19. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Probably, but I'm happy he's at least doing something useful.

Oranje are rebuilding nicely, but I still think we need a world class striker, another winger, one more midfielder and a speedy leftback. I think then we can contend again

wilson00 repped this.
  20. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    as much as there are many young talents that are coming up the rank ,none are near to the level where they can claim their stakes in NT.under this circumstance older players should be taken into consideration.

I still have no idea why jeremine lens has not being getting the call up while Quresma at 35 kept getting called up at portgual until the WC. Remember both play and are rotated in the same position at Beskitas. Lens is still 30 and has already shown he doesnt need a second invitation in front of the goal.

Groeneveld Danjuma has been on the sidelines for some months at Club brugge with a ankle injury but he has already shown he can play on the biggest stage hence you can safely pencil him as a top contender on the wings.hopefully he recovers before the season starts.

Again at LB since there are no seriously contenders either ,Buttner at 30 is not a bad choice at all. Yes he has had his moments on and off the field but the main thing is what he can bring to the game. There has been alot debate on Blind over the past years on what he can or cant do but yet its all about what he brings to the game which has being the highlight of his career and not his vulnerability. The situation is same with Buttner. The explosiveness that he can bring to the game, there is no player in eredivisie or even in NT that has the ability to do that.again his defense is questionable but so is Blinds. I was tracking this guy at Man united very closely and if not for van Gaal he would have made it big and he showed the glimpse of it when man united played bayern in CL.if you look at both now in eredivisie the situation is same as when Buttner was scouted by man united. Blind is right on top as when he was playing for Ajax while Buttner as usual is on low profile at vitesse.

I dont think there is much to do here but to start buttner in one of the friendlies. The dust will settle down itself.

Lastly midfield.scratching head.

21. venema20

venema20 Member

Jun 17, 2014
    Wow. Wijnaldum with a brilliant performance for Liverpool today. His positioning and tackles are elite

22. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Kluivert finally started today and had a really good game (didnt score or assist though)