News: Dutch players at home and abroad worthy to be tracked in connection with the Dutch NT - Part 4

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by DRB300, Sep 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    #5526 Brilliant Dutch, Jan 13, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2018
    Impossible to judge since neither have played enough full senior matches. My money (if someone put a gun to my head) would be on Lammers though, by far!!!

This guy is a HUGE talent! Some guys in youth system are calling him the next vBasten.
    I wouldnt go quite that far, but I can see some resemblance

2. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    ^^ van Basten was in the starting 11 as an 18 year old at Ajax; Lammers is not.

3. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    I watched a bit of Lammers this past week as PSV were in the U.S. tour (matches were broadcasted). He didn't leave an impression as a "can't miss top-shelf" player, but certainly he's an interesting talent to watch for. Has great athleticism, is tall and strong, and can decently hold up the ball and link up. He seems to be more fluid and speedy than Luuk De Jong or Bas Dost - which isn't saying much considering how stiff both are.

If I were to guess, I think LDJ/BD is probably Lammers' lower ceiling. Absolute best case scenario would be somebody like Van Hooijdonk or Adebayor. Ideal scenario would be PSV selling Luuk and giving the valuable playing time to Lammers and letting this kid develop. A 20-years old in Eredivisie, playing second fiddle is not exactly a good recipe for success.

4. I wonder how many 18 year olds PSV has started in the past decade. Cannot be that many, as I cannot remember one.

5. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    more than a decade ago, but maybe Affellay

6. nope, debuted at 20.

7. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    That means absolutely nothing.
    vNistelrooij was a complete unknown until he was 22

8. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Bassie Dost with a natural hattrick today

9. Frysk Bloed

Frysk Bloed Member

Sep 6, 2014
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Wijnaldum was immense against City today in handing them their first defeat in the PL this season.

Rinus127 repped this.
  10. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Ruud vormer has been nominated for the golden boot in Belgium. 7 goals and 15 assist and captain for club Brugge. Looking at how clasie has found it hard at club brugge,it jus goes to show how much Vormer has developed since leaving feyenoord while clasie has failed to break into the starting 11 even though with NT Cap and EPL experience and in eredivisie top flight. I like what I have seen of Vormer.he could fit in a top team with his individual skills. Maybe it has come bit late but he should be given a crack at NT. No more klaassen,propper, and other same old faces who simply have dragged NT through out for 4 years.

11. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Klopp used the same tatic as guardiola. Deploying two attacking midfielders . ox and Wijnaldum.this countered what Pep was doing with De Bryne and Silva/Gundogan with fernandinho as DM.this was the trump card of guardiola until it was matched by klopp yesterday.
    Also Liverpool needs another good defender and should off load lovern or klavan.

12. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    On Lammers note.Any hopes on richairo zivkovic .

13. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    I'd venture to guess that Ronaldo (the World-cup winner Brazilian, not Cristiano) started for PSV in his late teens. Same with Robben, I thought he was super young, 18 or 19, when recruited to PSV. Depay maybe, and Bergwijn from recent memory? Too lazy to look up.

14. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  15. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Locaidia off to the EPL and Brighton & Hove Albion. Why?????????

Answer: It's the money stupid; EPL television money lets this stuff happen.

16. Well, PSV werenot that itchy to let him go, as he's not that good and they have a better one lined up since the transfer window opened.
    Plus the fee plugs a serious hole in the budget.

17. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I think its a smart business move by PSV

18. Yup, a player that isnot that good and superfluous selling for about 4 times his real worth....sounds about right.

Antario2, Orange14 and Brilliant Dutch repped this.
  19. TFC Ajax

TFC Ajax Member+

Mar 20, 2011
    Greater Toronto Area
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Van der Wiel may be on his way to my club. Was being reported in Italy too

venema20 repped this.
  20. Laurent75

Laurent75 Member

Aug 2, 2014
    Depay offering the win against PSG with a stunning goal in the last minutes.

He was being horrendous before scoring that goal, typical Depay. Selfish, clumsy, lazy, then scores out of nowhere.

I believe he is a kind of Babel. A bit better as a team player though. Babel had very few chances to prove himself with NT, yet he scored so many important (and beautiful) goals with Liverpool, even coming as a bench player.

That's how Depay should be used with NT, cleverly, as a bench player. I don't think he will ever change, will never be regular in his performances. But he can get more effective and lethal with time, like Babel now.

Brilliant Dutch repped this.
  21. Some time ago in a Spanish thread someone mentioned a Dutch defender at Real Madrid. I wondered about that as the guy was Spanish and his name too. Now I stumbled over him again and it was mentioned he could have chosen to play for Oranje, but chose for Spain. Now after more googeling I found out the Spanish fans leave out his Dutch family name.
    The guy is Marco Asensio Willemsen. It's his birthday today too. But why they in the first post I referred to they were talking about a defender bafflesme as he's an attacker.
    https://www.transfermarkt.nl/marco-asensio/profil/spieler/296622
    How did he get in the Spanish camp?

Edit: he lived in Spain

22. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    Generally agree with this assessment. I think Depay lacks the "footballing IQ" needed to perform at the highest level. He can certainly use a mentor or a father-figure coach to guide his decision-making process, on and off the field. I don't know if he has such thing...

RVP was more talented than Depay, but RVP and Depay were very raw both technically, emotionally, mentally speaking when they first burst to the scene. The integral part of RVP emergence imho was the fact that he was surrounded by a very mature group of people, legendary coach Arsene Wenger (as dismal as his recent record is), top-shelf footballers like Bergkamp, Henry, Viera, Campbell, Pires and so on. It must have been humbling for RVP, and I bet it somehow motivated him. I thought Depay was somewhat decent under Van Gaal, but it seems like he's been all over the map these days... some good, some bad when you're reading the news.

23. Frysk Bloed

Frysk Bloed Member

Sep 6, 2014
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Memphis needs to go to Liverpool and meet up with Klopp to get put in his place and really develop as a player.

In another note...what do people think of Ludovit Reis? Seems fairly promising but I don't know much about him. Only that he's done fairly well for Groningen for a 17 year old.

24. Rinus127

Rinus127 Member

Sep 8, 2015
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    It seems that this guy played in the youth teams of Ajax. I did not know him at all. Apparently he refused this winter to sign for PSV and Az.
    958006434784055296 is not a valid tweet id