News: Dutch players at home and abroad worthy to be tracked in connection with the Dutch NT - Part 4

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by DRB300, Sep 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    Never say never... we'll see how Hoedt develops in months to come. I still remember when Van Dijk was already written off in his Celtics and early S'oton days - not good enough, clumsy, too slow, etc. From that point to now the world's most expensive defender, that's quite a leap. Of course now he has to hold serve, and live up to the expectations! No small feat.

Brilliant Dutch repped this.
  2. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Hoedt is only 23 years old, don't forget

3. The problem is that Klopp plays an even more reckless attacking style than Bosz has and to do that you need an omnipotent skilled CD. Is Virgil such a guy?

4. Mr.S

Mr.S Member

Oct 22, 2011
    #5504 Mr.S, Dec 27, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2017
    75M is like 85M Euros. Huge Money.

Klopp in Dortmund had Hummels-Subotic & both were considered good & reliable, so I don't know why this wouldn't work.

Hummels would do a lot of work with the ball, would play passed in addition to his defensive duty. Van Dijk is also good in the air, I hope he becomes a leader & this is a potential top EPL team so he should model his game where he also plays the ball from the back. Liverpool IMO also need a LB & a GK asap.

5. Rinus127

Rinus127 Member

Sep 8, 2015
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Hoedt is very slow, not aggressive enough and he seems to have a weak character.
    On the other hand, it would be interesting to follow the evolution of Sven Van Beek. Since his return from injury, he is good.

6. It seems de Vrij is going to sit out his contract at Lazio and in the summer moves on to Barcelona.

7. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Where did you read that??

8. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    van Dijk with two headers on goal and the 2nd one goes in for the game winner in his Liverpool debut. Wijnaldum sits on the bench only coming in for Llalanna in the last 20 minutes. Had one good defensive play but that was about it. Milner and Can were the deep lying MFs on the day.

9. I'm buddy with all deep throats in major football clubs. I can tell you my must stay secret connections, but are you willing to pay the ultimate price:devilish:

10. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I have been tracking El Ghazi at Lille and think,he defintely should be called up for NT. Even though lille is in the bottom half and in thr red zone,but he still individually has held his own in the team. He scored both vs PSG and Monaco,two of the best teams in ligue 1. He scoring rate may not be same as compared to Depay but in other departments he is defintely better than him.

11. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Good start for van dijk. My mind goes back to 2014 when he was overlooked for veltman and de vrij when at Celtic. This is one reason why I always look on to players no matter where they play.

12. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Your ass is a secret connection??:ROFLMAO:

13. I will report you to Orange14 if you continue like that:mad:Of course I willnot

14. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    ^^No need to report; I read everything everywhere. I know where you guys live and the places you go to drink. Be very careful!!!:eek:

15. I was kidding. Highlight the text plus some more;)

16. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    It would be nice if deVrij wound up at Barca though. A better league will turn him into a world class defender (hopefuly).

The frustrating part about Oranje is in the past we used to produce so many good midfielders and strikers but few defenders. Now we finally produce good defenders and suddenly we've stopped producing world class midfielders and strikers.

Very frustrating!!

17. :ROFLMAO::p
    You want the whole cake, donot you:D

18. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  19. bunbohue

bunbohue Member+

Apr 5, 2005
    Virgil should be the captain of NT from now on. I'll be cheering for Liverpool this season, hoping Virgil and Gini doing well.

Frysk Bloed repped this.
  20. Frysk Bloed

Frysk Bloed Member

Sep 6, 2014
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    van Dijk was fantastic in his debut with Liverpool and will only continue to improve under Klopp. Now ideally we'll sign de Vrij to play with him and Klopp can nurture the spine of our NT together (van Dijk, de Vrij and Wijnaldum).

21. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Sam Lammers has loads of talent. Yesterdays goal vs. Flum

Rinus127 repped this.
  22. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    ^^but he gets hardly any playing time at PSV.

23. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    #5523 Brilliant Dutch, Jan 13, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
    He was topscorer at Jong PSV. He's only 20, he'll get his shot in 2019 or 2020
    (hopefully)

24. That's the stupidity at PSV. They were charming Erik Palmer-Brown to sign in januari as a free agent, while they have Obispo, who already should be in the first team, to fill the quality hole in the CD. I was hoping Obispo would be willing to change to Feyenoord as he was out of contract end of the season, by being pissed off with the EPB flirt. But he renewed his contract recently.

25. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Is he better than Kaj Serhuis, who played on the first team today against Duisberg and scored for Ajax.