News: Dutch players at home and abroad worthy to be tracked in connection with the Dutch NT - Part 4

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by DRB300, Sep 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I'm not sure about Hendrixs defending. His offensive game looks good from the back, but defensively he is a question mark. Van ginkel has to be in there somewhere also. And let's hope clasie career gets back on track.

2. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Rick van drongelen came up against Robben in bundasliga which turned out to be good competition for Robben on the flanks. Van drongelen starting after coming back from injury. Lasted 76 minutes before being subbed.Bayern narrowly winning 1-0. Good game from Van Drongelen.

Brilliant Dutch repped this.
  3. Laurent75

Laurent75 Member

Aug 2, 2014
    Hendrix is no NT material, Vilhena is overrated and nothing special...

4. Rinus127

Rinus127 Member

Sep 8, 2015
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    We do not talk much about him here but I would like to see Joris Van Overeem play the next friendlies. He deserves to be tested.

5. Frysk Bloed

Frysk Bloed Member

Sep 6, 2014
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    If we're 'overhauling' the midfield at this point you have to give van Ginkel a chance probably. Our glaring problems are obvious; we don't have a real holding midfielder and we don't have a real creative midfielder. We've got a whole bunch of 8s/runners and we don't have a system set up to make use of that. A 3-5-2 would be a good step, using Promes and Memphis as our front 2 similar to how Robben/van Persie were used. Rely on overloading the middle of the field with the wingbacks as outlets and playing a counter-attacking style. It's not overly pretty but it's pragmatic and effective if you have the right personnel and coaches.

For those interested in the Memphis hattrick (he looked very good):

6. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I still think the DM has to be a make shift position and Nathan Ake should be the first one to be experimented with. he likes going forward and his epl experience at the moment makes him a good canidate to be tested in that position even though he is playing CB at Bournemouth. Frankie De Jong is coming up in the u21 ranks but he still looks bit immature plus he still is not a starter for Ajax.

wildcard - I would like to see Depay at DM.has a good built for breaking down play, good set pieces from the back, fast pace given he will not have to worry about dibbling. (jus a thought)

I cant think of anyone else who is playing DM at the moment.

7. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Again though, thats Troyes. A club that finished 3rd in Ligue2 last year.
    Depay always seems to play well against teams like that, but put him against real opposition and he's lost

8. Laurent75

Laurent75 Member

Aug 2, 2014
    That's it. He'll play three or four games like this in the season and the rest will be total bullshit.

9. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    He jus needs to trim down,simple as ABCD.

10. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    He pretty much was lost playing LB in the WC qualifiers that just finished. If he is not play DM for his club why should the NT manager experiment in critical qualifying matches? Sure there are some friendlies coming up but I haven't seen anything on the schedule against very good NTs.

11. Wilson has a soft spot for Ake. Apart from my dislike of the guy as a parasite of our academies, the main point against him is the quality of him as a player.
    He just isnot good enough for the Orange shirt, even in the present day situation. He was fielded just to cap him, as Ivory Coast wanted him to play for them, but just as a precaution. In my view he better was given the opportunity to play for IC, as I donot see a future for him in this Orange shirt. With IC he still can play in orange.

12. When I look at the highlights on the BBC of his matches, he strikes me as someone tactically nuts. He's all over the place.

Orange14 repped this.
  13. Frysk Bloed

Frysk Bloed Member

Sep 6, 2014
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I think Blind is actually our best bet at DM right now TBH. He's not a crusher but he's shown at MU to be tactically disciplined and he was at his best in his career, IMO, playing midfield for Ajax.

Blind
    Wijnaldum - van Ginkel​

Not a terrible midfield. With van Dijk and de Vrij behind them they are solid and two rather offensive fullbacks in Karsdorp and Willems (doing very well in Germany) would help with chance creation. Then Memphis, Promes and....someone? To lead the lines. How is Bergwijn doing? Wouldn't even mind adding another player to the midfield (Propper? Vilhena?) to help control the middle and using just Promes and Memphis up front.

I also don't think the criticism of Memphis is fair. He is inconsistent of course but since going to France he's slowly building up consistency and confidence again. He played well against Monaco last season for example when they were CL semi-finalists (had an assist and a good game). He's still young. I'm sure people wrote Promes off a couple of years ago too and now he's incredibly good.

14. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Blind defensively is a disaster. How many times you need to see this to know it. Vs average teams he may look descent, but with big teams he will be running like a wild goose. Go and watch him him in high tempo games,France,Greece, USA,Belgium,mexico. At Man united he is pretty much protected,once he comes out from there,he is just an average LB who is good vs average teams.

Ake also looked good everytime he got the nod for Chelsea,but now at Bournemouth, he is in his own so obliviously it will be start from scratch.
    I'm more into his versatility and experience he has thus far.the rest we will see as he plays more games.

15. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    Well, if anything, from what I read and observed, Hendrix' strength is on the defensive end. I believe he's among the leaders in Eredivisie in tackles and interceptions by a non-defender. Too lazy to verify, but somebody who has some spare time perhaps can consult whoscored.com.

Too early to tell, but if (big IF) Hendrix stays out of injuries, gets physically stronger, and matures his game, I am interested in him becoming a version of Mark van Bommel. He brings discipline, toughness and certain bites into the midfield area (which Blind can't offer). Our current midfield is too soft, weak and slow. Hendrix (and a pitbul like Vilhena or Van De Beek) can make life difficult for the opposing team.

The wildcard is if (again, big IF) Hendrix can develop his playmaking ability.. that'd put him over the top. Recent Dutch NT's DM's have been notoriously known for sitting deep and back passes. This is my one criticism of Van Bommel or Nigel De Jong.... I liked their nastiness in getting the ball back, but hated the lack of ball circulation. Too bad Clasie project isn't working out as I think he has the best passing range. Hendrix seems to appetite in building up and launching passes (e.g. nice two long passes leading to two goals this past weekend for PSV) - he needs to keep working on this.

Here's a comprehensive profile on Hendrix - of course, just like any other scouting report, take it with a grain of salt :D

http://outsideoftheboot.com/2016/10...-netherlands-newest-international-midfielder/

BTW - I don't see Van Ginkel as a DM. I think he's more an "8" or "10" or somewhere in between.

16. Probably selected that way. When out opponent plays a 4-4-2 formation I would like to see us put on the pich a 3-4-3 formation with Clasie right behind the front 3 line and a van Bommel like person right behind him. So more or less a 3-3-1-3 setting. At least our target man gets decent balls from Clasie to score.

wilson00 repped this.
  17. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    #5467 wilson00, Oct 24, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2017
    like What Isco and Insigne have transformed into. i was also thinking along the the same line but in a diamond mildfield.

18. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Does Clasie even play for Club Brugge these days? How can we pick a player who doesn't play regularly?

19. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Clasie is coming dangerously close to being nominated for the Freddy Adu award

:eek:

Rinus127 and Orange14 repped this.
  20. Rinus127

Rinus127 Member

Sep 8, 2015
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
  21. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    You have to admit it was a really great assist by van Aanholt!

22. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    He'll fit right in with all the other misfits

23. Knee injury.

24. Rinus127

Rinus127 Member

Sep 8, 2015
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Roma-debuut wordt persoonlijk drama voor Karsdorp
    12.10 uur
    [​IMG]

Rick Karsdorp heeft woensdag bij zijn debuut voor AS Roma een nieuwe knieblessure opgelopen. De rechtsback moet vrezen voor een lange afwezigheid.

Karsdorp maakte woensdag na vier maanden dan eindelijk zijn debuut voor AS Roma. Maar het is voor hem uitgelopen op een persoonlijk drama. De verdediger, die na zijn transfer al twee keer een knieoperatie onderging, heeft aan de wedstrijd tegen Crotone een zware knieblessure overgehouden.

Een eerste onderzoek heeft uitgewezen dat er schade is in zijn linkerknie. Er is sprake van een gescheurde voorste kruisband. Nader onderzoek zal meer duidelijkheid moeten geven over de ernst van de kwetsuur.