News: Dutch players at home and abroad worthy to be tracked in connection with the Dutch NT - Part 4

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by DRB300, Sep 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Off course, who wants a nasi in his team:D

2. 2nd_striker

2nd_striker Member

May 21, 2008
    London
    Jansen scored his first goal from open play...plus harry kane is injured so maybe a chance for more football for him.

Depay has scored for lyon too

3. Rinus127

Rinus127 Member

Sep 8, 2015
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Sybe Pals and Brilliant Dutch repped this.
  4. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I'm sorry, but this was against Millwall, a THIRD division club. I cant really count that

5. Laurent75

Laurent75 Member

Aug 2, 2014
    Depay is proving he can be great if he got confidence and if the team around him is doing well. That being said, he is lucky cause Lyon has been on fire last games even without him, gives me the feeling he depends on the team more than the opposite.

But yeah, he definitly got something special as a player and I keep saying he might be the second best dutch winger behind Robben. I'm not sure Promes is better than him. Depay has done better things for NT than Promes so far and more things against good teams too, Promes is just shining in a poor russian league.

On another hand El Ghazi is very bad and Kishna is absolutly horrible with Lille, we can forget about them for the NT project.

6. 2nd_striker

2nd_striker Member

May 21, 2008
    London
    Lol true, but he really need it and it was a smart finish too. I really want him to do well, even if he does play for spurs

Sybe Pals repped this.
  7. venema20

venema20 Member

Jun 17, 2014
    I find this kind of funny since you were just bashing Depay and his transfer to Lyon. You also said it was the end of Depay

8. Laurent75

Laurent75 Member

Aug 2, 2014
    I m not changing my mind on this, it s a stupid move and he could get better. I m not against Depay, I m against Lyon.

When the machine Lyon will stop working, he will fade away and gets all the bashing + problems with the club .

Wait and see

9. Frysk Bloed

Frysk Bloed Member

Sep 6, 2014
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Like I said before Lyon is the perfect kind of move for Memphis right now in his career, and his confidence has improved immensely as well as his level of play since going there. It's exactly the type of move he should have done to begin with, and the same goes for Janssen. There is plenty of study on being a big fish in a small pond and how it benefits even the top of the field type people because of how they perform relative to their peers.

Too many players get lured by money and prestige to go and play for big teams long before they're actually ready to take that step and are still developing and learning who they are as players at the top level.

Brilliant Dutch repped this.
  10. Sybe Pals

Sybe Pals Member

Oct 13, 2015
    Comox, BC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Too bad for de Vrij, withdrawn at HT today with a knee injury.. hopefully more precautionary and it does not keep him out too long..

11. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  12. Laurent75

Laurent75 Member

Aug 2, 2014
    #4887 Laurent75, Mar 13, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2017
    His first games were rubbish, he is doing good because the whole team has been playing good now. It started thanks to the amateurism of AZ , they gave a lot of confidence to that team of Lyon which was doubting. When the good results will end (and they will), Depay will lose confidence again. Lyon has been playing terrible last years and there were a lot of troubles inside the club, it s not a club where one can find good football and regularity, which is what Depay needs cause he definitly got qualities.

And once again going from PSV to Lyon is a no progression, or a very small one because the french league is stronger but that s an unecessary move that would have been considered very stupid ten years ago.

Robben, Van Persie, Sneijder...all left young to big clubs and had big carrers, if you re talented you should make it. I want our players to face the reality of the top level football, not to hide in third zone clubs to feel they re kings compared to the others like Promes is doing...

Plus as I already told you there s no player that signed to Lyon like Depay did and had a good path after.

13. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I totally disagree with all of this, the French league is a nice first step up for Depay, until he finds his feet at Bundesliga or La Liga

14. 2nd_striker

2nd_striker Member

May 21, 2008
    London
    You could argue that van der vaart going to hamburg was a move that riased eyebrows. If memphis gets cl football next year and improves he may well be on the move to a better club

15. Laurent75

Laurent75 Member

Aug 2, 2014
    VDV is a king in the History of Hamburg but he barely made impact in Real and Tottenham. Cant talk about a big career.

I doubt Depay would leave next year even with great performances, he signed a long contract and Lyon will ask for 50 millions or more. They refused 40 for Lacazette last summer and the president Aulas claimed he refused 70 millions recently, probably from a chinese club.

16. Frysk Bloed

Frysk Bloed Member

Sep 6, 2014
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    You expected a player who had barely played at all this season to step in and dominate? Of course he was going to take time to get used to his new team, role, league and system. Lyon has finished in the top 4 in France in 4 of the last 5 years (2nd twice) in a stronger league than the Eredivisie. They would absolutely crush PSV right now and walk the Eredivisie quite easily. Why is it an unnecessary move? Lots of elite players have taken multiple steps before becoming elite. Suarez for example was 24 when he left Ajax to play for Liverpool before going to Barca. Plenty of players are late bloomers look at guys like Drogba, di Natale, Wright, Toni, etc. etc.

But I mean you call extremely talented players like Fekir average, so, meh.

The football landscape has also changed a lot over the last 10-20 years. It's a lot harder for a young player to make an instant impact and play for a top club right away now than it was then. This move was good for Memphis and is the type of move more young players should make.

17. Keko

Keko Member

Jul 17, 2014
    Chicago
    Club:
    Feyenoord

I am a fan of Frenkie de Jong!

18. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Also Depay has quickly become a huge fan favourite at Lyon. This will only help his confidence even more

19. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I've seen a fair number of Jong Ajax matches this season. de Jong looks like the real deal, smooth on the ball and great field awareness. He just might be the best of all the young MFs.

20. Frysk Bloed

Frysk Bloed Member

Sep 6, 2014
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Boetius has another assist today so far...playing much better of late and getting more consistent game time. Maybe we don't have to give up on him just yet.

21. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    That was my reaction as well when I saw the clip. He seems to be very comfortable with the ball on his feet, and not afraid to playing the through ball.

Questions... is he playing as an attacking midfielder? If so, does it mean that he's competing for playing time with Nouri (and Ziyech to that matter)? He needs to be on the pitch at all costs to progress!!

22. Laurent75

Laurent75 Member

Aug 2, 2014
    If we consider Boetius for an assist, we should consider Babel who scored twice. He is a way older but he was better than Boetius when he was his age too.

23. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Stroot scored today as well

24. Sybe Pals

Sybe Pals Member

Oct 13, 2015
    Comox, BC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Blind went off with a head injury for United.. they advance anyway.

25. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Babel with a douce for Be Sick Tas