News: Dutch players at home and abroad worthy to be tracked in connection with the Dutch NT - Part 4

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by DRB300, Sep 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Let's also remember that de Ligt is still only 17 years old and while he might be the best central defender to ever come out of Holland, he still needs a lot of first team experience with Ajax.

2. Laurent75

Laurent75 Member

Aug 2, 2014
    For me it would be a mistake to give De Ligt a starting spot with Ajax next season. Good for NT developpement but bad for Ajax.

Sanchez makes amateur mistakes sometimes and he needs a better and more experienced player next to him, not a younger one...

I'd rather consider De Ligt going to a sub eredivisie team on loan to gain experience, he's still very young, no need to rush.

There's a need to rush on Nouri and Van de Beek

3. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    So you say stick with the status quo of Sanchez/Viergever as the pairing?

4. Laurent75

Laurent75 Member

Aug 2, 2014
    I say let s bring a good 25-30yo center back.

That s probably the hardest thing for dutch clubs...they either go for youngsters or for tired oldies like Heitinga and Westermann.

Feyenoord and PSV have been making some good purchases recently though.

A player like Moreno would be ideal next to Sanchez.

5. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Tuning in right now to watch Robben tear Arsenal a new one

6. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    de Ligt right now is better than Moreno.

7. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Robben!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

Sybe Pals repped this.
  8. Sybe Pals

Sybe Pals Member

Oct 13, 2015
    Comox, BC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Goal and an assist, he loves playing Arsenal!

Brilliant Dutch repped this.
  9. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    How good was Robben once again????

Wave after wave on that right wing!! Unstoppable!!

10. Laurent75

Laurent75 Member

Aug 2, 2014
    Ebecilio was good when he started, Sana too...means nothing.

Moreno is a player I would trust to play an important game, De Ligt no.

Ajax has always failed because of experience problems, Van der Hoorn touching Balotelli in the box in the last minutes etc. only masochist people would like the same thing to happen again and again.

Ajax would never have passed the group stage ahead Manchester like PSV did last year, Moreno and Guardado helped a lot. You need to have this type of players.

Jalepinho repped this.
  11. Jalepinho

Jalepinho Member

Aug 18, 2014
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Ajax bought Moisander from AZ back in 2012 which i thought was a great purchase. He was 25yo back then so what you mentioned above has been done in the past and is certainly possible of reoccuring again.

12. Looking at the last few CL matches of EPL clubs, they really go through the floor defensively when confronted with real quality strike forces. It's like watching AZ's last two EL games.

13. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Viergever is experienced and has been very consistent for Ajax until he got hurt a couple of weeks ago. Why go out an buy someone when you have Viegever, de Ligt, and Riedewald?

14. Frysk Bloed

Frysk Bloed Member

Sep 6, 2014
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I say as long as de Ligt continues to excel keep playing him. The Eredivisie teams in general should be blooding as many young players as possible it needs to be a developmental league for our NT. Try and tie up young players to long contracts, keep them together as long as possible, and if they aren't struggling then give them as much gametime as possible.

15. Laurent75

Laurent75 Member

Aug 2, 2014
    Let's pretend Ajax finishes second this year and play the CL knockout against an average team and loses with De Ligt making big mistakes ? What to do then ?

16. Laurent75

Laurent75 Member

Aug 2, 2014
    Because you won't pass a CL group stage with them. Ajax should go for more ambition. Weren't Riedewald and Viergever on the field when Ajax lost to Rostov ? Riedewald was also there against Rapid Wien...How many chances to do you want to give to these players ? They've already managed to screw up the dutch coefficient for 10 years, enough is enough.

Viergever remains an average defender and Ajax can find better on the market, Riedewald is a better DM than CB for sure, De Ligt is too young...

Ideally I'd like something like this for next year :

----------------------------------------------------Onana/Krul (Krul/Onana)----------------------------------------------------------------

Tete ( Lartey ?)----------------------Sanchez ( Westermann)--------------? (Viergever)------------------- ? (Sinkgraven)-----

--------------------------------Riedewald ( ?) ----------------------Schone ( V d Beek)------------------

--------------------------------------------------------Nouri (F de Jong)----------------------------------------------------------

Neres (Cassierra)-----------------------------------Dolberg (Huntelaar)---------------------------------------Ziyech (Younes)

Would like to bring three experienced players thus. A CB, a midfielder (Anita ?) and Huntelaar with the money of Klaassen and Veltman.

The LB I'm thinking about Haps, I don't mind bringing a youngster as LB if he's talented, Sinkgraven is no long term solution there. I want to have a better defender.

I would start Schone and Huntelaar instead of V d Beek and Dolberg for the european games, but it depends on the form of the players though .

I've put Cassierra as RW but I'm not sure he can serve there, I just don't really like the idea to have him as 3rd striker as I believe he got more qualities now than a player like Cerny and deserves to have playing time.

I would try to put two players on loan between De Ligt, Eiting, Kluivert and Cerny and the two other ones would stay with Jong Ajax and eventually be third choices with the first team.

17. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    ^^Seriously?? Krul is not coming back. Lartey Sanniez is not very good after being hyped all last season. Tete's contract is up and he's gone. Westermann is too old and too slow to play. Club is not going to play with a double pivot in the MF so Schöne and Riedewald are not going to play together. I think you are way to harsh on Reidewald as he is still very young. I seriously doubt the club will bring in a new CB. I think Westermann is on a two year contract and de Ligt and Riedewald are also under contract and are not going anywhere. I don't think Klaassen want to leave yet and it's uncertain who would want Veltman who is only an average CB.

18. Laurent75

Laurent75 Member

Aug 2, 2014
    Yeah that was just something I would like but I know it's not going to happen.

I heard some english clubs wanted to put 10m on Veltman.

19. bunbohue

bunbohue Member+

Apr 5, 2005
  20. Frysk Bloed

Frysk Bloed Member

Sep 6, 2014
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Why would you bench Sinkgraven when he's been one of the best players, and the team functions very well with him at left wingback? They're not going to change formation either. So I guess there's no point in ever playing young players just in case they make a mistake or something. A player destined to be great will learn from his mistakes and become better. Burying de Ligt behind someone else because you're afraid that he might make a mistake isn't going to be good for his development.

Orange14 repped this.
  21. Laurent75

Laurent75 Member

Aug 2, 2014
    Yeah so basically let's play him and spoil the dutch coefficient even more, and when he'll learn from his mistakes and gain experience, he'll be playing for a foreign club.

That's the story of dutch football since 2005.

22. Untill we ban playstation and that Microsoft thing. Kids are more agile with their thumbs nowadays than with their legs and feet. Plus gazing for hours at a screen while you're a kid develops your eyes into myopia condition ( so strong advice for growing up kids unil 20: spend at least as much hours looking far distances as you spend on watching something at arm's length). Both things are bad for your performance on the pitch, no development of spatial awareness because of your eyesight and also not having the tools to do something positive with the ball.

23. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  24. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands