Dutch NT - Tracking players for the next campaign

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by demeer, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Siem de Jong is a better striker than Castaignos! Yes, Siem and not Luuk.

2. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Interesting comments about Castaignos. Presumingly Janssen > Castaignos. I wouldn't write him off just yet. 2013-2014 season when Twente finished third,both him and Tadic scored more than 10 goals .looking at Tadic and siem now in premier league it hard to tell they were such a talent in eredivisie. It also remains to be seen what happens to Janssen if he does land a lucrative deal out of eredivisie.remember this guy Alfred finnbogason,he was the top scorer that season. I think after Spain he is playing in bundasliga for Augsburg.it kind of hard to predict players when they are coming out of eredivisie.but one thing for certain they know how to score goals.

Castaignos had a good start for Eintracht until he got injured and and made his come back last went off the bench vs Bayern.

Well give him another season at EF,if they don't get relegated this season than the picture will be quite clear.

3. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    He is a counter striker, but he works really hard. Makaay? Not so much. Similarities in the profile, but certainly 1 big difference as well.

4. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    What do you guys think of Marten de Roon
    In case you guys don't know.Napoli has long secured De Roons buy out option from Atalanta ,and its only a matter of time when they will exercise that clause.given Napoli is guaranteed a CL spot, I think it will a big boost for de roon in his development and career.

This will be another of those success stories which addressess how far some players have to go in order to prove themselves,just because they don't play in top three in eredivisie.

5. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Tjaronn Chery with another goal for QPR.its 6 out of 9 and now in 6 consecutive game.though it was penalty, he converted it camly with jus seconds left on the clock to level scores ,after jus coming of the bench. Boy this guy is taking championship by storm.

6. Laurent75

Laurent75 Member

Aug 2, 2014
    Never trust goals scorers in the Eredivisie unless you see some great obvious football qualities in them, like Suarez or Bony had for example.

7. Luuk managed a 50% goals to match ratio in a crap team before he got injured in the BL. Castaignos I mean, not de Jong.

8. Laurent75

Laurent75 Member

Aug 2, 2014
    People don't mention Ozyakup enough but he is another lost player. He is kinda slow compared to Ziyech, less craziness also but more defending. Can play as CAM or CM.

And if Ziyech's dream is to score against the dutch NT, Ozyakup has already made it come true :D

Two potential 10's lost in a short lapse of time.

Rinus127 repped this.
  9. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    LOL - classic example Alfonso Alves!!!

10. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    No problem, we already have Davy Klaassen!!!:eek:

11. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I don't understand why people keep going on about rather mediocre players in the great scheme of things. If the NT is in bad shape, does not mean to carry yourself without any honor. 2 jokers that chose for another NT. Move on already.

Orange14, Sybe Pals and Brilliant Dutch repped this.
  12. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I really dont want any players in our NT unless they are ONE HUNDRED percent committed to Oranje

DRB300 repped this.
  13. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    There are a lot of good young players around these days. The big problem is the first team managers of clubs are generally rubbish and either don't know what they are doing or play far too conservatively. Maybe the van Marwijk experience in 2010 of getting to a WC final has shaped things in the wrong direction. I worry about Nouri and Frenkie de Jong as long as FdB remains at Ajax. These two are real talents in the midfield but will they every progress to NT level?

14. Antario2

Antario2 Member

Jan 29, 2012
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Pröpper and Affelay/Sneijder should be able to cover the playmaker spot for the next four years. The positions that worries me most are striker and left back.

15. CDPontaDelgada

CDPontaDelgada Member+

CD Santa Clara
    Aug 15, 2012
    Ponta Delgada PT
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Zeegelaar, Van Ginkel proving all the doubters wrong.

Players that I still wonder that get called up is Narsignh

16. demeer

demeer New Member

Sep 8, 2015
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Not a chance that wes will still be in the squad in four years (I hope). Getting slower every season he spends in turkey

17. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    You know he scored the winning goal against England last week, dont you? ;)

18. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I'm not sure either Pröpper or Affelay are a solution in the midfield. Affelay had a decent match against France but was pretty bad against England. Pröpper is too slow in his field vision and passing at the NT level; fine for the Dutch league but really won't progress above PSV. I didn't see much of him at all in the CL matches in terms of influencing things and he was pretty bad in the recent loss to Ajax.

19. Laurent75

Laurent75 Member

Aug 2, 2014
    #69 Laurent75, Apr 6, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2016
    Van Ginkel isn't proving anyone wrong. The fact he is scoring some goals with PSV after warming the bench with Stoke doesn't prove anything, except making us a bit more sure Eredivisie is a crap league.

Brilliant Dutch repped this.
  20. Laurent75

Laurent75 Member

Aug 2, 2014
    I didn't even see Bacuna accepted the invitation with Curacao and played one official game with them, which means he can't be called with Holland anymore.

Not a big loss I'd say, but still a starter with Aston Villa.

Curacao is building an interesting team though : Martina, Bacuna, Lachman, Bonevacia, Antonia, Augustien, Guyon Fernandez...Can qualify for 2018 maybe with Kluivert as coach, would be huge for such a little island.

21. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    It would take an act of God or Sepp Blatter as they were already eliminated from CONCACAF WC competition.

22. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Never underestimate the power of a brown envelope

23. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Dost is back on bench for Wolfsburg.

And they are beating Madrid 2-0 which brings a smile to my face. I hate that filthy club with a passion!!! :sneaky:

Orange14 repped this.
  24. Laurent75

Laurent75 Member

Aug 2, 2014
    Oh yeah, that's right, didn't even realize CONCACAF already started

25. Laurent75

Laurent75 Member

Aug 2, 2014
    CL quarters : 4 games, 88 players starting, 0 dutch...