Dutch get first FIFA medical centre of excellence

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by johan neeskens, Oct 14, 2010.

1. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    No it isn't a joke. The Dutch FA's medical facility is the first in the world to be given FIFA centre of medical excellence recognition. This recognition was presented to Henk Kessler, parting chairman of professional football at the Dutch FA today. He joked "I've immediately sent off a copy to Bayern Munich".

He also talked about their visit to the Bayern Munich medical centre, which he described as an episode from Allo Allo (see YouTube if you don't know it). The team doctor kept on stressing to the Dutch delegation that rest was vital to muscular injuries, waving a book at them, and saying "look it's all in this renowned book!". When Kesler asked him who wrote the book, the doctor said "me!". At which the Dutch delegation cracked up.

It's pretty clear that the Dutch FA is well pissed off with Bayern Munich and rightly so if you ask me. It is fair enough for them to start a discussion about players being sent off on international duty, but the way Bayern conducted themselves in this, esp towards Van Bommel, is downright disgraceful.

Then again we've known since Cruyff's retirement what a vile outfit that is.

2. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Comment about Bayern is hilarious. Agree that they are doing a good job. Robben could hardly play more than two matches in a row before he got help in the home country!

3. vagegast

vagegast Member

Sep 25, 2004
    Herndon, VA
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    The more pissed Bayern gets, the happier I get.

4. Dutch Treat

Dutch Treat Member

May 6, 2005
    Amsterdam|Alphen a/d Rijn
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Such great timing to win this award. Loving it. Bayern is one of the, if not the richest club in the world right? Well they're behaving accordingly. Like a spoilt little brat that just can't stop crying.

While it has a certain comedy factor to it I feel sorry for LvG, MvB, Robben & Braafheid as this is turning into another 'Dutch' thing, we're the villains of football on, and now off the pitch as well. LoL.

5. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    They'll be accusing us of causing global warming next.

6. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKUOB8MN4Kc"]YouTube - Mr Burns - Excellent[/ame]

7. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    According to opposition party here in the US, global warming doesn't exist!!

8. vagegast

vagegast Member

Sep 25, 2004
    Herndon, VA
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    They won't be the opposition for long... sadly.

9. Those people are, as we say in Dutch: "boven hun theewater".....oh shit they are the teaparty:eek:

By the way, Nees, you should post it in the FIFA forum too. There Bayern supporters will notice it too

10. windycity

windycity Member

Oct 19, 2001
    Where do you think
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    well to be fair, I think it's more that they question whether it's man-made or not. And while I generally think the consevetards in this country are out to lunch, especially the tea baggers, ivmho the jury is out whether man is to blame.

11. vagegast

vagegast Member

Sep 25, 2004
    Herndon, VA
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I adore those guys!

12. Mighty Dutch

Mighty Dutch Red Card

May 1, 2010