Don't Call It Radical Islamic Terrorism

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by superdave, Apr 6, 2017.

1. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. Jazzy Altidore

Jazzy Altidore Member+

Sep 2, 2009
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pshh..I want my posts here.

3. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    A rabbi, a priest, and an imam walk into a bar.

The bartender looks up and says, "What is this? A joke?"

sitruc, luftmensch, Gilma1990 and 3 others repped this.
  4. NORML

NORML Member+

Aug 9, 2002
    Lake Wobegon, MN
    Club:
    NSC Minnesota Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    First Mosque to allow worship for men and women in same space opens in Northern California. I am not Muslim but think it's great to see Islam have a place to evolve/expand/become more progressive/inclusive in the USA.

San Fran Chronicle LINK

luftmensch, ceezmad and Boloni86 repped this.
  5. The Devil's Architect

Feb 10, 2000
    The American Steppe
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So what's with the Pork thing?

Gilma1990 repped this.
  6. Pro-Freedom

Pro-Freedom Member

Apr 3, 2017
    Almost all mosques in Britain, allow both men and women

NORML repped this.
  7. YankBastard

YankBastard Na Na Na Na NANANANAAA!

Jun 18, 2005
    Estados Unidos
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jazzy Altidore repped this.
  8. Jazzy Altidore

Jazzy Altidore Member+

Sep 2, 2009
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yet 50 percent of British Muslims think that homosexualy should be a crime. Lots of moderation to do.

9. YankBastard

YankBastard Na Na Na Na NANANANAAA!

Jun 18, 2005
    Estados Unidos
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    To be fair, if you went to the midwest states, you'd find millions of Christians who think the same.

10. The Devil's Architect

Feb 10, 2000
    The American Steppe
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Probably roughly equal to the same percentage of my fellow American Christians feel the same way, which is really irrelevant. Both groups can feel & believe all they want about that, but our Constitution ensures that any time some group of legislators or voters in the US try to criminalize it, it's going to be ruled unconstitutional and struck down.

argentine soccer fan and russ repped this.
  11. The Devil's Architect

Feb 10, 2000
    The American Steppe
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you think bigotry of any flavor is limited to one area or another of the US, it ain't.

Just ask Yusef Hawkins...

flowergirl repped this.
  12. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Too good not to share.

[​IMG]

American Brummie, luftmensch and Timon19 repped this.
  13. NORML

NORML Member+

Aug 9, 2002
    Lake Wobegon, MN
    Club:
    NSC Minnesota Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    reminds me of my favorite scene from Hail Caesar.

American Brummie repped this.
  14. crazypete13

crazypete13 Moderator
    Staff Member

May 7, 2007
    A walk from BMO
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    I am not afraid to say the words: 'Radical Islamic Terrorism'.

Thread gets a new name.

15. Jazzy Altidore

Jazzy Altidore Member+

Sep 2, 2009
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tales of false equivalence, the refuge of the regressive left.

16. Jazzy Altidore

Jazzy Altidore Member+

Sep 2, 2009
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  17. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's not false unless his assertion that the percentages are similar is false.

18. The Devil's Architect

Feb 10, 2000
    The American Steppe
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nope, I go to church with them, though to be fair, they don't pop off about it any more because they know they'll have their bigotry publicly challenged and have to try and defend with scriptural gymnastics...

Now, you can choose to not believe that there is a cottage industry developing and supporting legislation in the latest losing battle in the culture wars, namely the transfolks, but those same folks have been and continue to be against them gay perverts who they believe are trying to queer them up. The lost on keeping the coloreds from marrying white women, they lost on keeping the gays from marrying each other, and they're going lose on this and we'll all be shitting where we feel comfortable in about 5 years.

I remember the first few hours after the Murrah Building bombing, when the nation was in panic and was looking for any Arab / Muslim connection possible, with the prime suspected being Iran (paging @Iranian Monitor), and yet, it was a couple of guys that were sheltered by the good Christians out at Elohim City, who helped them plot, finance and execute the largest domestic terrorist attack on US soil. People who consider themselves the true followers of Christ, not muslims.

xtomx repped this.
  19. Q*bert Jones III

Q*bert Jones III The People's Poet

Feb 12, 2005
    Woodstock, NY
    Club:
    DC United
    Radical Christian Terrorists, one might say.

20. Jazzy Altidore

Jazzy Altidore Member+

Sep 2, 2009
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Again, suggesting that Christian animus toward gays is equivalent to Muslim animus toward gays in the world is playing the game of false equivalence.

Link me to widespread Christian movements in the United States advocating for the death penalty for gays?

And why does every one of your political posts include your boilerplate list of grievances, regardless of relevance to the point of hand?

21. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You are mixing religion and homophobia. Just because one is Muslim, or from a Muslim country, does not mean they are homophobic. And vis-a-vis. And I know you can bring up places which use sharia law. But you do know that if that type of law was allowed for Christians in the US, there would be similar actions taken.

But I do find it interesting that you speak of all Muslims wanting the death penalty for the gheys, but then specifically focus on the US. There are plenty of Muslim majority countries which do not have the death penalty for the gheys.

This covers it in part.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...e-punished-by-death-2/?utm_term=.c0a564b297e3

22. xtomx

xtomx Member+

Chicago Fire
    Sep 6, 2001
    Northern Wisconsin, but not far from civilization
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    If only they could, I suspect the following would:
    Andrew Wommack
    Scott Lively
    Caleb Lee Brundidge
    Don Schmierer
    Tony Perkins
    Abiding Truth Ministries
    Defend the Family
    Family Research Council

The first three were behind the Ugandan Criminalization/Death Penalty for Homosexuals bill.
    Lively claimed that homosexuals were the "true Nazis" and the "guiding force behind the Nazi atrocities."
    Tony Perkins has equated homosexuality with just about every crime, disease (even Ebola) and Population Control.

All have advocated for, at least, criminalizing homosexuality and several have argued beyond that.

Boloni86 and superdave repped this.
  23. Jazzy Altidore

Jazzy Altidore Member+

Sep 2, 2009
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You fail to understand my point. I never said that every Muslim everywhere is homophobic. Only that the problem is more prevalent in the Muslim world as a general matter. And that problem is directly fueled by religion, (just as it is fueled by religion in the US world, although to a much less extreme extent). Honestly my point is not all that nuanced. I think you just intentionally misrepresent it to make an easier strawman to knock down.

24. The Devil's Architect

Feb 10, 2000
    The American Steppe
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    One is very vocal and active (some Muslim countries) due to theocratic governments reinforcing both religious and cultural animus towards homosexuals (and trans, and atheists, and Christians, and animists, and minority muslim groups), such punishments are far less common in the more secular (for now) muslim majority or plurality countries. Then there is our little American flavor, that has been slowly but surely less and less directly punitive towards "sodomy" and other homosexual practices over the last 250 years, typically with growth towards legal prosecution of those commit violent crime on gays and near elimination of prosecution of gays for being gay

Well, right now, we seem to be off shoring it because it's becoming less fashionable to just go out and kick the shit out of fags on Friday nights while the cops look the other way.

Most recently, there were the US Christian leaders such as Andrew Wommack that supported the "Kill the Gays" bill in Uganda, exacerbating the already widespread homophobia in Uganda, which identifies around 85% Christian.

But with Thomas Jefferson writing a liberalization law in 1779, rejected by the Virginia legislature, we clearly have a long history with being upset by "teh gaez". That law would have reduced the maximum penalty at the time of death for sodomy, to simple castration. Our country may not have the active purges of gays that other countries have had, and continue to have, but America was probably worn out from all of it's killing of Indians and the pesky business of trying to cure of us of being Indians via Assimilation schools & policies.

Now, we are where we are following Lawrence v. Texas in 2003, essentially repealing all of those sodomy and crimes against nature laws present in practically every state, we're left with two things, soft enforcement of laws where the victim is gay or believed to be gay, or the "gay panic" defense, that lets offenders pretend that they thought they were going to be gay raped, or whatever, though that is slowly diminishing as well, just not fast enough...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_violence_against_LGBT_people_in_the_United_States
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Significant_acts_of_violence_against_LGBT_people#United_States

If you're looking for equivalent statistics in the US to state sanctioned violence against LGBTQ? people compared to culturally Muslim and theocratic Muslim countries, and/or even nominally Christian majority / plurality countries with a history of colonial rule, you won't find them because the US has never been a theocratic state or had a state religion (other than the cultural deference to Protestant Christianity.

And if you don't believe that general disgust with homosexuality (along with other perceived perversions) has been a platform belief of mainstream Christianity throughout the majority of the 20th century, then you haven't spent any time either in a church since the cool down of the Civil Rights Era and haven't spent any time in front of basic cable since the rise of the Televangelist generation. Thankfully, this slowly eroding, but you can always find some worship leader willing to express either death/exile/imprisonment for gays, or that anything that does happen to them with regard to violence, or diseases such as AIDS is just the reward for their "lifestyle choice". I guess though, it really is their turn, because since those other countries are largely ethnically and culturally homogeneous, they haven't had multiple groups to "blame" for the decline of civilization, like the US has always had with Indians / Freed Slaves & uppity Negroes / Illegal immigrants from Ireland / Southern Europe / Eastern Europe / Latin America / SE Asia. All they have now that the Colonizers are gone is the gays and the "other" muslims, when available.

Why is every one of yours more pedantic and asinine that the post before it?

Look, I get it, you're a chickenshit about Muslims. Everyone as their irrational bigotries, you're just shitting your pants about the Muslims, like some Muslims & Christians have irrational fears about each other and "teh gayez". I doubt you give much of a fuck about gay people either. Your posts on this mirror the ravings of Sean Hannity, who's spent years going off about the gay agenda and AIDS coverups and dangling from the cross about "the redefinition of marriage", but suddenly he's all concerned about ISIS tossing gays off of buildings and the House of Saud beheading them. Your concern for them is truly heartwarming to the gays, I'm sure.

Of course, then there are these so called fellow Christians of mine and/or conservative professional victims, worrying about the coming pogrom of Christians by that 3% of Americans that might be LGBTQ?...

614434474739154944 is not a valid tweet id

Boloni86, Dolemite, NORML and 2 others repped this.
  25. Jazzy Altidore

Jazzy Altidore Member+

Sep 2, 2009
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    More straw men. Did I ever argue that no homophobic religious organizations exist in the US?