Does anyone else love Jogi Low?

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by Torretta13, Jun 14, 2012.

1. FCB02062

FCB02062 Member

Jun 20, 2007
    South of Boston, MA
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I like Low better when he breaks out his scarf collection.....:D
    [​IMG]

2. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I think its a general problem in German football now, not just Löw, and it shows in the Bundesliga every week. Set pieces are just not emphasized as much in training regimes.

MicFW repped this.
  3. odd1234

odd1234 Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Not sure why there is this dislike on bigsoccer, but thats no surprise given everyone has a contrarian opinion on literally everything. Anyways, Loew is an admirable coach - look at how he has stabilized a team full of huge egos. Can you imagine what would happen on any other team had 2 of their biggest goalscorers been benched? He has a clear philosophy in mind and works quite well with the youth coming out of the bundesliga.

4. KFofB

KFofB Member

Oct 31, 2007
    Mittelfeld
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know Bayern are exceedingly poor on corners at both ends...which doesn't help the NT.

5. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    It's something that has to be adjusted at a national level, all the way through the youth academies because thats where the problem stems from.

6. Equilibrium

Equilibrium Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    None of your busines
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I would say I would like him if he stepped down considerably more than I like him at this moment. I can't imagine Heynckess or Hitzfeld ever pulling something as idiotic as the tactical cluster******** he put his team through in the semi-final. How one goes into such a useless and defensive formation when Germany had 2 days rest and Italy played all the way to a pen shootout instead of going for their throat.. He did the same thing in 2010, changed tactics to "throw Spain off their game" but in reality it helped them dominate Germany even more.

Loew RAUS

7. Dhajj

Dhajj Member+

Nov 25, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    As i mentioned in another post..

He plays the right tactics all the way to the semis/finals and then over thinks and undermines himself..

then he puts out a formation and tactic that is completely out of the normal and we lose....

He tried it against spain, he tried it against italy...

JUST STICK WITH OUR STRENGTHS.... how hard is this?

Why does he always fumble at the final stages.

Kais3r and Minttunator repped this.
  8. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    +1
    I also may add this,in his interview he constantly is giving Italy credit.Being such strong and world class team!

This was a mediocre Italy on life- support being orchestrated by a 35 year old fossil called pirlo!
    This German team had everything this time around to finish them and go for their throat from get go..but instead we decided to shoot ourselves in not one feet but both foot!
    Unreal to give this Italy team so much respect in an interview to cover up your own massive tactical shortcoming

www.fotobahn.com

ruhrpott dackel repped this.
  9. elvesuvio

elvesuvio Member+

Feb 6, 2008
    Toronto, Ontario
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Italy is hardly mediocre and Pirlo is 33 (as of May)--still not so over the hill as you seem to suggest. You might even argue he's gotten better with age...his has never a game of speed, more of precision passing and anticipation, control, creativity...hence why even his age doesn't affect his style of play...of course, I doubt he'll still be around for the next EURO, but I think you might still see him there for Brazil in 2 years....

You gotta show your opponents at this stage some respect...I gotta be honest, I really believed this would be the year Germany did beat us and that is because I know how talented your team is. But maybe some overconfidence (many comments were made pre-game)...maybe everyone thinking Spain/Germany had a free pass to the finals....I don't know, but Pirlo was one of the players who really exploited a hole yesterday...

10. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Don't think the solution was to stick with what we were familiar with as I don't think Loew really constructed that to begin with.

The toying around can be seen more as symbolic of the distrust he has in his general philosophy (or lack of)

Unfortunately with the time he's had it's quite unacceptable that we haven't seen the team progress the way they should have and the manner in which we lost the match speaks volumes of the amalgamation of troubles present under Loew.

11. timh19

timh19 Member+

Jul 26, 2011
    The federation should hire Hitzfeld. He's done a great job with Switzerland and knows about defending. With so many top class players, he can't do any worse than Loew.

12. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    This may not be the best Italian team of all time but it's a damn good team with some damn good individual players so let's get some perspective. And you can criticize them all you want, their tactical training and understanding is ALWAYS world class, no matter where the team is. It was men against boys out there but not just because of Löw's mistake. It goes both ways.

Minttunator, elvesuvio and Obsidian repped this.
  13. mattteo

mattteo Member

Jul 19, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    QFT

14. Obsidian

Obsidian Member

Apr 22, 2012
    near Munich
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Ok, Löw made a mistake with the Semi-Final tactic...but getting rid of him? Hell no. Who sould replace him right now? Hansi Flick? LOOOL. Sure not. Jogi did an excellent job from 2008 on and the last puzzle in his masterpiece is still missing. The only thing I hope is, that he understands his mistake from the Italy Game. If he does and learns from it, there should be no problem. But as of the few I´ve fear till now from him, it sounded much more like the tactics were brilliant and the Defense just had an off-day.

Minttunator repped this.
  15. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    GFY

16. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    GLD or FFSGFY

17. RMCFkevin

RMCFkevin Member+

Nov 20, 2008
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I still like Loew despite the all of these recent 3rd/4th/2nd place finishes. I just hope he finally learns from them and takes us to #1 soon. No reason why we can't. Although we are a particularly young team, the talent is there.

18. Equilibrium

Equilibrium Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    None of your busines
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    This bullshit has been said since 2006. All they keep doing is getting younger players and using the same excuse. If the squad is too big, maybe they shouldn't get so many young players but stick with experienced players.

19. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    There more than a handful of players on this squad in the mid to late 20's my friend and in professional football that is not considered young anymore.Which also play at the highest level in European championship ...so am sorry that ship has long sailed and if anyone wants to get on that bus is a big fool!
    This team would have cut through Italy if we had not made such massive tactical clusterfackkk plain and simple

20. timh19

timh19 Member+

Jul 26, 2011
    I've seen you make that ignorant comment before and I still can't believe you are serious.

The actual young team with potential to win something is from 2010 NOT 2006. The likes of Neuer,Hummels,Badstuber,Boateng, Khedira,Oezil,Goetze,Schuerrle,Reus,Guendogan,Kroos,Mueller, Lars and Sven are there to stay so from now the team is not going to get much younger.It is only going to get older and more experienced. Around 18-19 of the players from this Euro will most likely be in the World cup 2014 squad. Therefore, the core of the team will be 2 years older. Maybe Draxler replacing the useless Podolski and Jantschke coming in at right back but that's about it in terms of getting younger players over the next two years.

21. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Löw really screwed the pooch with his changes but I honestly think we would have lost even if he hadn't. Team is just not ripe enough yet.

22. Minttunator

Minttunator Member

Oct 4, 2010
    Estonia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yeah, I don't think he should be fired - he's a decent coach overall, just a bit stubborn sometimes. Sure, he f*cked up the tactics in the semi, but if he learns from his mistakes and stops playing favourites (Poldi & co) then I'm sure we can be better in 2014.

23. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    He won't be fired, thats the last thing he should worry about. Everyone is backing him 100%, its up to him whether he leaves or not and he won't, not until 2014 anyways.

24. Equilibrium

Equilibrium Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    None of your busines
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Ahhh it would be easy if you didn't sound like a whiny spastic.

The 06 team had more leaders and experienced players. And thanks captain obvious for stating that the 19-23 year olds will likely be in the next tournament. The least you could do is spare everyone the time with idiotic and useless comments that a 12 year old can figure out. My point is in 06, they said golden generation, and now in 12, 3 semi-final losses and 1 final loss, the same it being stated. They said the same thing then, and now I keep hearing the same thing now. Then for the 08 tournament, the golden generation had Podolski who looked like a potential WPOY in 06 along with Merte looking like the best potential CB in the world, and then Lahm and Schweini also looking great while having huge experience from the other older players. And yet they still failed. Then there was 2010, but the Ballack excuse along with the new other golden generation of Ozil and Khedira, Kroos, and another failure. Now they were supposed to be ready to win with golden generation 1 being experienced along with golden generation 3.0 and still failed...

There may be a coach that knows what they are doing with all this talent but based on this tournament only, Loew certainly is not it. Like I said, Heynckes or Hitzfeld would have not done the idiotic things Loew has done. I hope he never joins Bayern after what he's shown on his "tactical changes" on the past 2 semi-final tournaments which have been monumental cluster********s.

CanStriker and odd1234 repped this.
  25. Equilibrium

Equilibrium Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    None of your busines
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    [​IMG]