Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'USA Men' started by wsmaugham, Jun 2, 2013.
I'll let non-citizens vote regularly if they'll vote for a special Diego Fagundez citizenship day.
ehhh I hope you're kidding.
Otherwise this statement will validate the existence of the wall of shame in BSMX.
Are you kidding? He could run for governor in some states with his whole platform based on that post. (and win).
Sadly he's not kidding. He's incredibly wrong, but he's not kidding.
I laughed but somehow I think you're right.
I just turned on the TV to watch Diego and it looks like 2002 exploded all over Foxboro. Still better than the two EPL matches I watched today.
revs are fun to watch when they keep it on the ground. fagundez is their youngest and best player on a team of good young players.
Both parties blow and get nothing done.
Back to soccer.
No it doesn't.
The Mexican government should post this on the border to keep the frat bros out of Rocky Point.
Bnjamin's guide to De-railing a thread.
After 4 years of mostly lurking and the latest de-rail on this very thread, I'd figured I give all you kids a guide to the most sure fire way to de-rail/troll a thread.
I believe you can put most derails into two categories:
A. The on Purpose Derail
Post a statement that is semi to completely outrageous. Works best if you know there is a small vocal group that will agree with you. (ie. Freddy should start for the next qualifiers in a post-game thread of a friendly)
Tried and True subject matter for this type of derail:
1. Freddy Adu- The power of this oldie but goodie derail is inversely correlated to to the success of the USNT, and his amount of playing time. (More effective the less he plays for his club and the worse usnt does)
2. MLS is "Enter League Here" quality. This troll can go either way, so you can say MLS is League 2 quality or the La Galaxy would finish 3rd in La Liga. Works both ways. Especially effective in the Yanks Abroad forum.
Enter Problem with US Soccer Here won't be fixed until Pro/Rel is implemented. (Ironically not effective on any MLS forums)
Anything criticizing Seattle mainly their use of field turf and sharing a stadium with NFL team. (My least favorite mainly because I hate agreeing with Seattle fans )
Suggest stadium roofs amplify sound.
B.The "accidental" de-rail.
Subtley bring up a controversial subject in passing, and watch the fireworks fly. This is derailing/trolling in its truest form if you can pull it off on purpose. I suspect that a larger % of these derails are on purpose than most people think.
Suggested subject matter.
1. Bring up anything that reminds anyone of something Republican. Its no secret that the majority of BigSoccer leans to the left. It really doesn't take much for someone to post a criticism and a political debate to start. Suggestions: Post 4th of July pics that have Break Shea holding shotguns in Texas or suggest the USSF use the snake from the Gadsden Flag on their crest. Zoidberg's passing mention of non-citizens voting is a clumsier version of this de-rail. (TIP: George Bush jokes in the Politics/Current Events are easy rep)
2. Act like you didn't know enter good soccer player here Wasn't a citizen. ie .. Bringing up players that grew up most of their lives in America but aren't citizens have a good chance of derailing any thread you mention them. (FYI, Nagbe is the only non-cit worth a damn that might actually become a citizen before his prime is over) Its really easy to look innocent on this topic just act dumb.
3. Obviously any of the topics mentioned under on-purpose will work as well.
I'm sure there are more topics, sorry if I missed any.
Also back on topic: I'm sure the Pres. can hook Diego up with a Hawaiian Birth Certificate.
I would not go down to Puerto Peñasco, but I am not a frat boy either.
So I have not heard too much about Fagundez as of late. I am wondering if his play this season would justify him being a starter for our national team (if he had chosen to represent the US)? As far as I can tell, his production has dropped significantly?
You are late to the party, he has committed to playing for Uruguay.
I know, I wrote that in my post "(if he had chosen to represent the US)", I was just curious about his prospects if he HAD chosen us.
He still hasn't replicated his scintillating 2013 form, but he's still young (21) and has been pretty productive as a "most of the time" starter for New England, primarily playing on the wing. I don't see him becoming an international star, but if he were eligible for the US, I'd imagine that we as fans would be pretty excited about him. A '95 who is consistently starting in MLS and banging in some goals and assists compares him pretty favorably with most of the rest of our 2015 U-20 group, with the possible exceptions of Matt Miazga, Cameron Carter-Vickers, Kellyn Acosta, Ethan Horvath and Julian Green (the latter two of whom were not on the U-20 WC roster).
I certainly don't think he'd be starting for the US or making every single game day roster, but think about the minutes Paul Arriola earned under Klinsmann this year - would those have gone to a guy like Fagundez if he were eligible? Diego has been more productive at the club level.
I'd be interested in seeing some Revolution fans weigh in on this thread.
He's very inconsistent, and I think he's more of a complimentary attacking mid. He's not going to dominate games himself. As bad as Lee Nguyen was last season, Fagundez was Lee Nguyen-lite. He plays rather similar, but does just about everything to a lesser degree.
I doubt he's best 23, but a Camp Cupcake selection? I think so. There are better young players in MLS, but not that many.
Amazing how things turn out sometimes...
you were wrong about governor. Shoulda said president....
Strange times we live in.
Aint that the truth!
He's simply yet another prospect who has stalled in MLS.
A shame how much talent is wasted in this league.
Klinsman was a great coach. Then he wasted his talent giving advises in Toronto. Look what piece of shit he turned into. Totally MLS fault.