Die Nationalmannschaft

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by Dead Fingers, Jan 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    wow, that was quick

There you go

2. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Thanks DF.

As far as the team is concerned....given recent comments I read from Lehman, who actually thinks he has a chance to be Klinsman's first choice? I mean, I don't see it happening given Kahn's reputation and the loyalty to him but Jens has had a fantastic 2005.

It would be a real shame to not have him included in the team, remember he said how he would not want to be part of the team unless he was first choice.

3. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Good, leave the big baby out of the team and bring Weidenfeller in.

4. The Old Lady Hertha

The Old Lady Hertha New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    ******** Lehmann, he's ******** anyways IMHO. I hope he never comes back ever.

Kahn-Hildebrand-Enke or Kahn-Enke-Weidenfeller

5. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I know what type of character Jens can be but he has proven himself, he's been awesome for Arsenal and seems very confident. He's in great form at the moment, well has been all last year.

BTW, Jack IS indeed the coolest human being on earth! :D

6. The Old Lady Hertha

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    I have a grudge against him regardless. Thus why I think he's ********. I hate him almost as much as Trezeguet, they are my 2 most hated footballers ever. Funny thing is, I don't really have any real reasons to point out why I hate them. I just hate them. Just like how I hate some people.
    Best part of the 4 hr marathon. When the mom picks up the kid, she asks "Whats going on Frank?" or something like that and Jack says "My name isn't Frank, my name is Jack Bauer." That was the time when I literally yelled out in front of my friends "******** YEA, thats right BITCH!!!" :D :D

7. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    As much as I hate Lehman, FR is right, he's had a solid season with Arsenal and is worthy of a place in the National squad. However he out of all people should know Klinsman will remain loyal to Kahn(who has had a good season as well). Acting like a baby and claiming not to want to be in the squad if he doesn't start is just unprofessional. That alone merits him the good old kick in the ass..right out of the team!
    Put Weidenfeller in, I know he's inexperienced and I know this sounds crazy but you gotta believe me, he'll perform well when he has to...

....I agree with both of you, Jack is definitely back! :D

8. The Old Lady Hertha

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    A few players come into mind:

Robert Enke GK Hannover 96
    Malik Fathi LB Hertha BSC Berlin
    Moritz Volz RB Fulham FC (England)
    Kevin Prince Boateng CM Hertha BSC Berlin
    Stefan Kiessling AM C/CF Nurnberg

I think they should all get their 1st caps in upcoming friendlies.

9. Bayerntone

Bayerntone Member

Nov 7, 2005
    HK
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
  10. KarlMai

KarlMai Member

Jul 12, 1999
    Witzenhausen/Germany
    Club:
    FF USV Jena
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  11. Bayerntone

Bayerntone Member

Nov 7, 2005
    HK
    Club:
    FC Bayern München

The news was reported sometime ago has no bearing in the scheduled play. The team will still have to play 7 days before the kickoff; and against a rather competitive team. Colombia will have nothing to lose. Germany will.

I personally think with a whole world of time between now and June, why pick a match ,albeit a friendly one, 7 days before the kickoff?!! Why not even consider the winter break as a time for intensive training for Team Germany.

There is no panic on my side. Frustration is more appropriate at what I see as an ill-conceived schedule. And I hope there will be no panic neither in Team Germany after the match with Colombia.