Desparate Housewives

Discussion in 'Movies, TV and Music' started by peledre, Oct 3, 2004.

1. peledre

peledre Member

Mar 25, 2001
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This show has some potential.

A lot of eye candy, with some good writing, and good acting to boot.

The latino girl is spectacular, Teri Hatcher still looks good, and the blonde divorce is a bombshell as well. It seems like a show that should be on HBO, not ABC.

2. amerifolklegend

amerifolklegend New Member

Jul 21, 1999
    Oakley, America
    This is the greatest televison program the world has ever know. ABC has managed to pack a one-two-punch of television-a-rifficness neft seen since the first season Melrose followed 90210 on FOX.

Sundays are again wonderful.

3. sch2383

sch2383 New Member

Feb 14, 2003
    Northern Virginia
    It was pretty good premier, it was more than enough for me to want to tune in again next week.

4. Lanky134

Lanky134 New Member

Oct 25, 1999
    134, 3, 6
    Nicolette Sheridan hasn't aged well. I guess that's what happens when you sleep with Michael Bolton. From a Sure Thing to a Beer Goggle.

5. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was pleasantly surprised by this one. It's something I'll have to tune into again. I was surprised when Stuff and Maxim recommended it, now I see why.

6. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD
    I was going to watch it, but saw it was opposite Law & Order Criminal Intent. Which was kind of weak last night. Maybe I'll switch.

7. Alberto

Alberto Member+

Feb 28, 2000
    Northern, New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It was amusing and devilishly funny. Though I will say that no woman as good looking as Terri Hatcher would go over to another woman's house like that to check up on a potential BF, at least not when the relationship consisted of an introduction and an emergency call to fix the plumbing. ;)

Also, I don't know of many 12 year old daughters that would speak about their mom's having sex the way Hatcher's daughter did. My GF and I laughed our asses off.

I wonded if the arson squad will find the measuring cup and maybe start asking questions.

Agreed Lanky. Nicolette that was such a piece of ass has not aged well. What a shame. She still has a great body, but she looks like she's been through the ringer. Terri Hatcher looks good. Her breasts are not as magnificent as they were made out to be in Seinfeld.

8. Alberto

Alberto Member+

Feb 28, 2000
    Northern, New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I loved how the poor mom with the kids from hell socked the husband when he insisted on having unprotected sex. Damn straight. Loved when she jumped into the pool to retrieve the kids during the wake at the neighbor's house.

Who is the spanish girl? Aye caramba!

9. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Pretty good show, I hope ABC doesn't do their usual crap and cancel or move it before it has time to develop an audience. Terri Hatcher is still smokin'.

10. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Eva Longoria. Mammacita....

11. DoctorJones24

DoctorJones24 Member

Aug 26, 1999
    OH
    Yeah, the wife and I gave it a shot and it wasn't half bad. Poor acting, but that's normal for tv. The writing was solid though, and the overall feel seemed more professional than much of what gets thrown on the networks.

Thought it was pretty silly that a single plumber would be moving into a house in that neighborhood, but I guess they answered that with the last hint that he's not what he seems.

Btw, that last scene suggests what might be the downfall of this show--it definitely bordered on being too clever for its own good, trying to hard. We'll see if the writers and directors know when to pull in the reins.

12. Alberto

Alberto Member+

Feb 28, 2000
    Northern, New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nice looking woman. Great body and legs too.

Discussing the show with my GF she found it implausible that if her husband gave her everything and was that good looking, that she would be interested in the young landscaping contractor. Pretty funny when she went home to cut the grass. ;) She has great neighbors that didn't call the police for disturbing the peace.

Also found it hysterical that there were so many people walking around at the end of the show. It resembled a Jewish neighborhood during Roshashona (sp) or Yom Kippur, not suburbia.

13. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD
    Thank you Google image search.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hmm, I think I might have to start watching this show. There's still Law & Order and Law & Order SVU.

14. amerifolklegend

amerifolklegend New Member

Jul 21, 1999
    Oakley, America

ABC is comitted to this slot till the show ends in December. It's a limited series - not meant for a second (or even extended first) season. In January, Alias takes the slot back for its final season.

15. monster

monster Member

Oct 19, 1999
    Hanover, PA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1. Baby Jesus smiled on the world from 9 to 10 last night.

b. It's TV. It's not supposed to be realistic. Just turn your brain off and enjoy.

16. MLSNHTOWN

MLSNHTOWN Member+

Oct 27, 1999
    Houston, TX
    I didn't really like it that much. I saw about 10 minutes of it. SHould have stayed with it I guess.

17. TheSlipperyOne

TheSlipperyOne Member+

Feb 29, 2000
    Denver
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I considered watching it but watched "Grind" on one of the HBO channels instead and then watched the end of "Jack & Bobby" on The WB.

18. guamster

guamster Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    Winnetka, CA
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Guam
    I love my dual-tuner DVR: I recorded both Jack & Bobby and Desperate Housewives and I watched both programs commercial-free.

The wonders of modern technology!

19. peledre

peledre Member

Mar 25, 2001
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Was anyone reminded a bit of American Beauty by it?

20. Cannon

Cannon Member

Arsenal
    United States
    Sep 2, 2001
    Washington, DC metro
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sorry but you missed some important ones:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Posted for informational purposes only...

21. monster

monster Member

Oct 19, 1999
    Hanover, PA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yep.

22. Lanky134

Lanky134 New Member

Oct 25, 1999
    134, 3, 6
    Just wait until next year when they debut Law & Order: Parking Violations Bureau.

23. sanariot

sanariot Member

Nov 19, 2001
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes. I also saw a bit of 'Arrested Development' in it as well. A very promising start.

Sundays could get rough for me if Desperate Housewives, Arrested Development and The Sopranos/Six Feet Under/Curb Your Enthusiasm are on at the same time. I suppose I could watch one, Tivo another and watch a repeat of the HBO stuff...

24. Deuteriumoxide

May 27, 2003
    Rockville, MD
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I liked this show.

But I don't like the fact that the series is going to involve them trying to solve this mystery. Because that's like putting an expiration date on it.

25. guamster

guamster Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    Winnetka, CA
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Guam
    Yeah, I would just catch a repeat of the HBO show. You will not have to worry about this problem for a while though. You won't be seeing any new Soprano shows until 2006, Six Feet Under just completed its season and Curb Your Enthusiasm's fifth season begins production in January 2005.