Denmark Danish National Team

Discussion in 'Scandinavia' started by hula, May 26, 2009.

1. Ceres

Ceres Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Club:
    AGF Aarhus
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    Denmark lost 1-2 to England in a friendly, which is not really that big a surprise considering that the Danish league is on winter break, but the "talk of the town" making headlines in all the English newspapers after the match was young Christian Eriksen :
    http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...lsheres-OK-but-Christian-Eriksens-better.html

Btw, if you wonder about Daniel Aggers epic Viking tattoos, here is the answer :
    http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=135758.msg8194762#msg8194762

2. BTV802

BTV802 BigSoccer Supporter

AFC Ajax
    Jul 11, 2006
    Vermont
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Eriksen is a cold blooded killer. Love his potential. He'd be smart to stay at Ajax for at least 3-4 more years.

3. Ceres

Ceres Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Club:
    AGF Aarhus
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    Frank Rijkaard or Marco van Basten as new Danish NT coach ?

The rumour is spreading abroad, that Denmark is soon going to need a new NT coach when Morten Olsen finally is leaving the job, at the end of his contract. Of course Michael Laudrup is being mentioned at the prime Danish candidate, but he is already working in Spain coaching RCD Mallorca, so he might not be available for the job.

However, now former Dutch NT coaches Frank Rijkaard and Marco van Basten declare themselves interested in the job as Danish NT coach, despite the fact that it does not pay much in compare with a job for a bigger country or a top club in Europe. Their agent Perry Overeem reveal that they would be interested in taking the job as Danish NT coach for only around €1 million a year, because they find it very interesting.

translated articles:
    http://translate.google.com/transla...-gerne-afloese-Olsen&sl=da&tl=en&hl=&ie=UTF-8
    and more :
    http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http://tv2sport.dk/node/75314&sl=da&tl=en&hl=&ie=UTF-8

4. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lijst_van_coaches_van_het_Nederlands_voetbalelftal

Use google translate from Dutch to English/Danish

Frank Rijkaard:
    Has been manager of the Dutch national team for 22 games from 10-10-1998 to
    29-6-2000.

Won:........8.......(= 36%)
    Draw:.......12......(= 55%)
    Lost:........2........(= 9%)

Marco van Basten:
    Has been manager for the Dutch national team for 52 games from 18-08-2004 to
    01-07-2008

Won:........35.....(= 67%)
    Draw:........11....(= 21%)
    Lost:.........6......(= 12%)

So Marco v Basten has won significantly more than: 67%-36%= 31% more, draw much less: 55%-21%= 34% less, but lost a bit more: 12%-9% = 3% more.

One thing to consider is that Frank Rijkaard didn't had to qualify for the tournement of Euro 2000 as Holland was an organising country, so his games constist mostly of friendly's. Has to be sad that Frank Rijkaard did't take the easy road with those friendly's. Two times Germany, three times Brazil, Argentina and more pretty good side's. A draw against Brazil in 1999 by Frank is maybe more worth than a win over lets say...Thailand by Marco in 2007. To weigh the worth of the results of both coaches you can see their opponants on the following side:

http://voetbalstats.nl/listjaarnedxi.php?jaar=1998

I set the year already on 1998. To navigate for the next years just click the next year where it says "kies een jaar" at the bottem of the page. Rijkaard, 1998, 1999, 2000. V Basten, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008.

Maybe I post some more about them later, but have to go now. Bye.

5. Hayaka

Hayaka Member+

Jun 21, 2009
    San Francisco North Bay, Bel Marin Keys
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    Hmm. I could see where either Van Basten or Rijkaard might have some interest in the job, but both? It's not exactly a highly-paid, high-profile position. Is there some sort of elixir in the Copenhagen water these days?

6. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Wow, I am watching the Ajax - Barcelona next gen competition and it is Viktor Fischer vs Barca trashing them with 3-0. 2 goals from him (1-0 and 3-0) and the 2-0 was his brilliant set up.

17 years old now I think. Certainly one to watch for the future.

7. Ceres

Ceres Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Club:
    AGF Aarhus
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    Yes, he is a highly promising player, just like Christian Eriksen... unfortunately FC Midtjylland stole him from the youth department of the club I support, by making a secret (illegal due to his age) deal with his father by also signing a short-term contract with his useless older brother (who they then quickly let go) and then shortly after sold him to Ajax for €1.1 million :mad: ...

8. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I know everything from Eriksen, see him every week on TV :D

The story you tell is what is wrong in football these days. It has almost become a kidnapping business. In the Netherlands clubs like PSV, Ajax and especially Feyenoord have been robbed from their talents by United, Chelsea and City before they can offer them legally a pro contract. So they come for cheap/free.

I believe there is a rule where clubs that have taken care of his development get money of a transfer players make. I can see him being sold for quite some money in the future, maybe making up a bit for what your club has invested in the kid. As that other team only was into him for very short time, the big part of the money is not for them. Maybe the only upside and long finger you can make to them.

Here is the game for the interested (he luckily dropped the strange hair cut he had :D)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsNP22vPO9Q&feature=player_embedded"]FC Barcelona -- Ajax: en directe la NextGen Series - YouTube[/ame]

(all goals are in the second half if you are shorter in time, but still want a general impression)

With Boilesen, Eriksen and this kid at Ajax they have some nice Danish talent in their ranks. I think him in striker and Eriksen behind him would make an attack play super smart and deadly. I heard he can also play on the wing, what could be a solution for Denmark as they have a good striker already.

Well first things first, he has to make Ajax 1. He is only 17.

Cheers

9. Ceres

Ceres Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Club:
    AGF Aarhus
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    In Denmark there is a rule that you are not allowed to approach and negotiate a contract with the young players from other clubs, before they have turned 15 and are allowed to sign contracts ... If you want to do so, you need permission from the other club...

Viktor Fischer turned down an offer from his club AGF Aarhus on the day he turned 15 and two days later FCM made public that they had signed both him and his older brother, which of course would be impossible if they had not been negotiating with the two Fischer brothers and his father for some time before he turned 15, which is illegal... AGF is a bigger club than FCM, but his father apparently chose FCM because they had made big promises about a future abroad and also had agreed to sign a deal with Fischers useless older brother (though only a short-term deal that they later did not want to extend )

FCM are known to break the rules like this and have also been punished for it in the past. The other Superliga clubs are not happy with the way FCM do business, but it is especially AaB Aalborg and AGF Aarhus that have been making official complaints.... In the case of Fischer the Danish FA unfortunately let FCM get away with it. :mad:

10. Ceres

Ceres Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Club:
    AGF Aarhus
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    Ajax are really looking for talents in Denmark at the moment and according to one of their Danish scouts, they especially seem to have an eye on the young 17-yo AaB Aalborg winger Lucas Andersen , who is the second youngest player ever to play in the Danish Superliga and also has been selected for the Danish League national team this winter... he remind very much of a young "Jesper Grønkjær" ...

Another player Ajax may be looking at could be the midfielder/striker Rasmus Falk, who came from the same clubs (and youth department) as Christian Eriksen and has looked very good for OB Odense in the Europa League this past season.

11. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Fischer was sensational again after taking out Barca. Now taking out Liverpool in the Next Gen. MoTM, hattrick. Such a smart, technical but above all else, calm player. In front of goal he keeps cool and just does the most optimal thing. With the first goal he does not shoot the ball from outside the 16 meter in the goal. He passed it into the goal. Placing it perfectly. Look forward to see this player next year in Eredivisie.

Ajax won with 6-0 and are now in the final.

Next Gen

12. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    How does Denmark exactly play by the way. They play 4-3-3 I thought, but with two controlling midfielders and a 10, or 1 DM and 2 midfielders more to the front?

13. Ceres

Ceres Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Club:
    AGF Aarhus
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    It very much depend on injuries and the strenght of the opponent I would say... So in reality Denmark can play the 4-3-3 both ways and also a defensive or attacking minded 4-5-1, if the coach think they need to.

14. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Oke thanks. I'm curious where his biggest chances would be if he continues this way and becomes first squad member of Ajax. He was played left wing in this game, think he can play right wing also and of course striker position. What would give him opportunities from the front 3 positions in the Danish NT?

These were his goals against Liverpool:

0-1 Fischer
    0-3 Fischer
    0-6 Fischer

He also drew the penalty that translated into the 4-0 taken by Klaassen.

15. EURO12_AnydDay_Rent

EURO12_AnydDay_Rent New Member

Apr 5, 2012
    Club:
    FC Karpaty Lviv
    EURO2012: Over 135 apartments, houses, rooms in Lviv and Kyiv (Ukraine)

[​IMG]

105 apartments, 22 houses, 5 hotels with the capacity up to 25 rooms, a 250-beds hostel in Kyiv and Lviv (Ukraine).

• A specialized package for EURO’12 guests
    • Wide and diverse choice of accommodations and cars
    • Only quality and verified accommodations
    • No minimum reservation period
    • Low reservation deposit
    • No security deposits
    • Flexible check-in/check-out hours
    • Free airport pick-ups and drop-outs
    • Free car with a driver for 12 hours per day (for 5+ days bookings)

pavlo.vdovych@gmail.com
    +38.096.740.03.99
    www.anyday.com.ua

16. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Fischer was yesterday chosen as man of the match in a friendly game with the first team of Ajax vs Celtic. Ajax dominated and won easily with 4-0. There is a chance now that Fischer will stay with the senior team as his period has been extended week after week now. In an interview he said that he aimed to play on the left wing position or left midfield position. Striker position was not for him yet in this current team.

He had a good assist with the second goal and he makes football overall smart. He also had a shot on goal from outside the box that was saved by the keeper.

17. Sian

Sian Member

Dec 4, 2011
    I suscept that Fischer would start sniffing around the edge of the NT at some point doing the WC Qualifier ... and needed, since Bendtner is the only great forward within reach (although opinions on him veries) ... a good 'fight' for the spot between Bendtner and Fischer, would probably be healthy for the NT

18. magic journey

magic journey Member+

Feb 20, 2010
    next game, a friendly match
    vs turkey at their home, in istanbul city, staidum ali sami yen arena....

any predict for the line up ?

19. Ceres

Ceres Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Club:
    AGF Aarhus
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    I have not answered your post earlier, because quite a lot of Danish players have been "calling in sick", with all kinds of minor injuries, so your guess would be as good as mine... here is the squad as it looks right now :
    http://www.dbu.dk/Faelles/landshold/herrelandshold/A-landsholdstruppen.aspx

I only know for sure that the young Superliga 'Player of the month' Casper Sloth is going to get his debut, because the Danish NT coach has said so... otherwise it is worth noticing that young Viktor Fischer from Ajax surprisingly was called up yesterday, just as young Daniel Høegh has replaced Daniel Agger, so it is an exceptionally youthful squad, despite the fact that some of the biggest Danish talents also have called in sick ( Andreas Cornelius and 'Danish talent of the year 2012' Okore, who has been replaced by Stadsgaard).

Considering that Agger, Okore, Bo Svensson, Bjelland, Mathias "Zanka" and even Vestergaard are all out, then I think it is obviously going to be Simon kjær (Wolfsburg) and Stadsgaard in the two centre back positions... only other option is young Daniel Høegh .

In right back position, the regular starter Lars Jacobsen (FCK) is out, just as it is the case with Simon Poulsen in left back position... Denmark is pretty thin in these positions as it is, so I would guess that we are going to see Kevin Conboy getting his debut, playing from start in left back position, just as we are probably going to see Daniel Wass playing from start.

As for the midfield and strikers, then obviously Krohn-Dehli, Christian Eriksen and Bendtner are going to play from start, but otherwise it is difficult to predict... William Kvist would have been a key player in central midfield, but he is missing as well, just as it is the case with Leon Andreasen (who has been terribly struck by injuries), while Christian Poulsen has quit the Danish NT .... and a bit surprisingly the Danish NT coach has not called up Lasse Schöne...

20. LGRod

LGRod Member+

Mexico
    Aug 14, 2010
    Listenin to Los Bookies
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Mexico is playing a friendly against you guys on 01/30/2013 in the US. I'm guessing you guys would bring an exclusively Danish league side, so who would you bring?

21. Ceres

Ceres Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Club:
    AGF Aarhus
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    That would be the Danish League national team :
    http://www.dbu.dk/landshold/herrelandshold/ligalandsholdet.aspx
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denmark_League_XI_national_football_team

... so that would greatly depend on which players who have not been sold and moved abroad in the winter break, so the links above are not of much use at this point... generally speaking, the NT coach will select a mix of young promising talents that he want to have a closer look at and then a few experienced/fringe NT players... but regular starters for the real NT are staying at home... I would expect players like :

Andreas Cornelius,
    Nicklas Helenius,
    Rasmus Falk,
    Nicolai Jørgensen,
    Emil Larsen,
    Osama Akharraz,
    Lorentzen,
    Kasper Kusk,
    Mads Albæk,
    Casper Sloth,
    Nicolai Stokholm,
    Kadrii,
    Mikkel Kirkeskov,
    Juelsgård,
    Okore,
    Stadsgaard,
    Jesper Hansen,
    Steffen Rasmussen

...and a few more...

LGRod repped this.
  22. forza_azzurri

forza_azzurri Member

May 31, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    NEVER FORGIVE .......NEVER FORGET !!!!:D

[​IMG]

Area 51 and LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  23. roxbury

roxbury Member+

Apr 27, 2004
    bump.

Whats gonna be starting eleven vs Turkey NT game ?

Regards,

24. IFKgötet1

IFKgötet1 Member

May 4, 2012
    Club:
    IFK Goteborg
    Haha! This is my all time favourite match. Denmark+Sweden! Oh yeah!! :)

LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  25. Hayaka

Hayaka Member+

Jun 21, 2009
    San Francisco North Bay, Bel Marin Keys
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    Turkey?