Democrats In The Wilderness

Discussion in 'Elections' started by Knave, Nov 9, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Nothing would have changed....all "THIS" today is the silver lining.

I couldn't agree with you more. E-Dems=Establishment Dems.

BTW....

Hillary Clinton: I'm 'Between Center-Right & Center-Left'

2. Deadtigers

Deadtigers Member+

Jul 23, 2015
    Independent Republic of the Bronx, NY
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    Nothing would change? I don't know if there has been a bigger lie on BS ever. So the EPA being gutted would occur under Clinton, DACA, the Muslim Ban, all of those things.

Oh that is what E-Dems means. I am sorry I am not up to the new lingo. let me correct myself. I care about immigrant rights, having been a naturalized citizen. I want more to be done so that we don't have doctors and scientists reduced to working at dunkin donuts just because the got their education in Bangladesh. Hillary will not give me that but she would declare war on immigrants like Trump. So like an adult, I vote for the one that will most help my cause. I don't sit there and demand she give me what I want or I won't vote for it, or make the same demand of Chuck, Nancy or Andrew Cuomo, right here, right now. You see what adults do is they realize that winning small Battles at the assemblyman level will get the big win. Bur yeah nothing would be different she would be just as bad as Trump.

Also her being a centrist is not a big deal. Half the nation is that way. Do you ever stop to think that maybe despite the noise the fact that a chunk of Dem party Voters aren't with is not because they don't know any better and that you are right is because they disagree and have their own views?

ceezmad and sitruc repped this.
  3. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Goddamn you totally misread my comment..

I meant nothing would change with the party and it would have been centrist president 2.0, new boss same as the old boss

4. Deadtigers

Deadtigers Member+

Jul 23, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    and that is a bad thing? scorched earth indeed.

5. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I said "silver lining" not "it was great"

6. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Eh... It's a viable Presidential campaign in the modern US. Nothing in that article is particularly damning relative to the context. Compared to the venom the likes of Trump threw out just in his Twitter screeds alone, Sanders was positively civil towards Clinton.

Boloni86, ceezmad and Boandlkramer repped this.
  7. Deadtigers

Deadtigers Member+

Jul 23, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    yes but was how she never went negative against him. how he would break rules then play the victim. He was the guy that would push a guy, get pushed back and fall down and grab his face in a match. Whilst the other got a yellow and all the fans agreed.

8. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Enough with the damn emails!

I wanted to pull my hair out He could have exploited that and he didn’t.

Ohhh he used her own positions against her....the nerve!

Boloni86 repped this.
  9. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #2034 Boandlkramer, Sep 22, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2017
    Is this the pragmatism that everyone wants? I'm not happy with the prioritization of military spending over, say, free college, but he takes the situation of a massive majority and tries to still get small wins.

Again, I'm not advocating for him to run in 2020, but I don't see him writing books about how everybody screwed him.

1. 55. S.Amdt.1045 — 115th Congress (2017-2018)Purpose: Text of Amendment as Submitted: S5698-5699 Purpose displays after an amendment is proposed.Sponsor: Sen. Sanders, Bernard [I-VT] (Submitted 09/13/2017)
    2. 56. S.Amdt.1044 — 115th Congress (2017-2018)Purpose: Text of Amendment as Submitted: S5698 Purpose displays after an amendment is proposed.Sponsor: Sen. Sanders, Bernard [I-VT] (Submitted 09/13/2017)
    3. 76. S.Amdt.1023 — 115th Congress (2017-2018)Purpose: To authorize the provision of support for Beyond Yellow Ribbon programs.Sponsor: Sen. Sanders, Bernard [I-VT] (Submitted 09/13/2017) (Proposed 09/18/2017)Latest Action: 09/18/17 Amendment SA 1023 agreed to in Senate by Unanimous Consent. (All Actions)

10. Boloni86

Boloni86 Member+

Jun 7, 2000
    Baltimore
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Gibraltar
    https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/po...ts-can-t-take-millennial-vote-granted-n804836

Numbers are even worse for GOP, but it's useless if this age group is so unenthused by Democratic party. I mean in this age of Trump polarization, still barely over one third of millennials plan on voting Democrat next year. And the minority numbers are not very good either for those people who constantly wait for demographics to save the day. About 33% of minority millennials don't even think the party cares about them, which is a very low bar.

Boandlkramer repped this.
  11. Matrim55

Matrim55 Member+

Aug 14, 2000
    Berkeley
    Club:
    Connecticut
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Let's see if that changes now that the Democratic party is explicitly for single payer and broad-based social justice, two of the more important issues in the country today as per millennials.

I also wonder how those numbers compare to Gen X voters in 1998, 2002 & 2006. Perhaps @American Brummie has ability to deep dive for that info.

12. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    From political, so yeah.

It would svck for people like me, but it is democracy, and they should try to take over the Democratic party and try to primary as many candidates as they can, if we lose the general, oh well it is democracy at work.

About the Bernie Bro problem, they are working on it.

http://www.politico.com/magazine/st...lists-become-the-tea-party-of-the-left-215661

13. totti fan

totti fan Red Card

Jun 24, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    “Government cannot solve our problems, it can’t set our goals, it cannot define our vision,” “Government cannot eliminate poverty or provide a bountiful economy or reduce inflation or save our cities or cure illiteracy or provide energy.”
    Jimmy Carter 1978 State of the Union address.

Forget about the trite Bernie bros slur this here is the real problem with the Democratic Party. Bernie Sanders is a New Deal Democrat who has a winning message that reaches out to the mass of working class voters. Democrats instead believe they have a winning strategy in trying to capture business class suburbanites. Thus leaving the young and the working class disaffected and with nowhere to go.

14. Matrim55

Matrim55 Member+

Aug 14, 2000
    Berkeley
    Club:
    Connecticut
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How about no? I am a straight white male Bernie voter who agrees that the Democratic party's failure to embrace meaningful social & economic change has been a disaster, but that doesn't mean the Bernie Bro phenomenon isn't real and didn't negatively affect tens of thousands (if not more) women and people of color.

If we want to win the party we have to listen to them and improve both our message and messaging. Dismissing their experiences as a "trite slur" is just more evidence that some of us aren't ready to be better.

15. totti fan

totti fan Red Card

Jun 24, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    If you are in fact what you claim the Democratic Party don't want you to improve your message they just want you to go away.

16. Boloni86

Boloni86 Member+

Jun 7, 2000
    Baltimore
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Gibraltar
    This is dumb on so many levels. Why don't you do something about it? Or how about you go away? Do your own thing with Jill Stein. Nobody cares.

Q*bert Jones III repped this.
  17. totti fan

totti fan Red Card

Jun 24, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    The Bernie Bros smear is complete and utter bullshit. Sanders had broad appeal across gender, ethnic, religious lines. When people throw around baseless insults (like you're doing now) it says more about them than their intended target.
    Fact is I offer too many inconvenient truths for someone like you who is so deeply entrenched inside a liberal bubble.

18. Boloni86

Boloni86 Member+

Jun 7, 2000
    Baltimore
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Gibraltar
    You're delusional. First of all I was smearing your ridiculous statement, not Sanders. Don't pretend that you speak for Bernie Sanders.

This is what you wrote : "If you are in fact what you claim the Democratic Party don't want you to improve your message they just want you to go away." Besides the sentence being written at 3rd grade level, the point is also pretty poor. First of all, "the party" is not a monolith with a centralized decision making process. Second of all, obviously they want voters. It's the whole point of politics. They just often don't how to do it because they're incompetent and misguided.

19. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
  20. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Macedonia.

Q*bert Jones III repped this.
  21. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    I drive through Macedonia twice daily. Want me to check?

Dr. Wankler and song219 repped this.
  22. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I already have a guy on it.

[​IMG]

Boloni86 and Timon19 repped this.
  23. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    I assure you, it isn't snowing (yet).

I also pass through (Little) Israel, just down the road, which is about a 20 minute drive from Medina, which is somehow way bigger than Mecca, and way on the other side of Little Israel. And for some reason, (East) Palestine is way south of that, between (North) Lima, Lisbon, and Calcutta (don't call it Kolkata). All of which are somehow east of Damascus.

24. song219

song219 BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 5, 2004
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Vanuatu
    So they are all at war?

25. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007