DeAndre Yedlin to?

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad Academy' started by taylor, Jul 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. socal23

socal23 Member

Dec 8, 2008
    There's an article saying Inter would buy him and then loan him to DC United.

A bit bizarre.

2. sidefootsitter

sidefootsitter Member+

Oct 14, 2004
    Gen Ad/HG players are usually on 5-year deals but the guy is hot right now, so striking iron seems like an appropriate response by Seattle/MLS. Let's not forget Sigi is very chummy with Jürgen and that Seattle can use the allocation proceeds off this transfer too.

3. Sal

Sal Red Card

Feb 9, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Yedlin to Roma is "only missing formalities" http://romapress.us/?p=5195

For what its worth lads.

I asked him "Can you reveal who told you that information about Yedlin?" "And he responded with "I have a very very close friend who works at James Grant Sports Management" he says he feels very confident with this information he was told and that's why he posted the "exclusive" article. He also says he was told his management is "confident" he will get his Latvian passport.

He then tweeted later on,
    If you've followed me at asromapress, I report very few exclusive transfer stories. I don't pretend to be a transfer guru.

and: I'll only report transfer stories I feel confident in. I don't have anywhere near the reach the big guys have. I'll never pretend to be them.

Again, take it with a grain of salt and for what its worth.

autobus39 and Testudo repped this.
  4. Mario Balotelli

Mario Balotelli Member+

United States
    Feb 28, 2012
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    $5.4 million is a solid offer for Yedlin. Sounders get a cool $4 million to reinvest while getting to keep him for the rest of the year. Sounds like a good deal for both sides.

5. socal23

socal23 Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Yedlin to Italy would be outstanding for his development.

6. DIMITAR BERBATOV!

Aug 2, 2010
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They should demand a % of future sales. Serie A is a feeder league at this point and if he thrives there then there will be bigger suitors down the line.

Dirt McGirt repped this.
  7. Insecticide

Insecticide Member

Jul 9, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    According to French news outlet L'Equipe, Lyon is interested in Yedlin.

http://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Actualites/Lyon-suit-yedlin-seattle/481647

"Revealed at the World Cup, DeAndre Yedlin (21) will surely be getting a lot of transfer offers. According to our sources, Seattle's outside back impressed Olympique Lyonnais's scouts and coach Hubert Fournier okayed his transfer. The club got in touch with the player's entourage (agent?) and his transfer could be to the tune of 2.5 M euros. However, Lyon could be facing stiff competition as both Liverpool and AS Roma were impressed by the American back's performance in Brazil."

8. Ed-D

Ed-D Member

Spurs
    United States
    Jun 13, 2005
    NY
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If he could get regular playing time at a Ligue Un club I would prefer that to riding the pine in Serie A...

Stogey23 repped this.
  9. smokarz

smokarz Member+

Aug 9, 2006
    Hartford, CT
    2.5M Euros? They have no chance.

10. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Who is Serie A feeding to?

fightingswans repped this.
  11. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Can you imagine how exciting this all is for Yedlin?

Must be madness.

12. JohhnyCaps

JohhnyCaps Member

Jul 20, 2007
    NY
    Club:
    Sunderland AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Gonna need some hair bleach and flowbee for a real sh$t transfer haircut...

kba4life repped this.
  13. sidefootsitter

sidefootsitter Member+

Oct 14, 2004
    That's the going rate that any club interested in DA will have to meet, not Lyon's attempt to low-bid MLS.

Like I said, $4M sounds reasonable. €2.5M is $3.4M. The rest are probably add-on's and so forth.

Often in these transfer articles, there's a discrepancy between the U$ dollars and the €uro. Journalists on one side of the pond are used to one currency while others are used to their own and sometimes this double conversion takes place. (the UK sites will naturally report it in £) This is how $4M became €4M in some Euro articles, then translated back at $5.4M,

The other discrepancy is in wages - the Spanish and the Italians will report net wages, as is the tradition in those two countries. Everywhere else, it's the gross amount. So, Tony Kroos will be on €6M/Y net, not on €6M/Y gross with Real. Given the Spanish tax rates, it comes out to about $16M/Y gross. Sami Khedira is allegedly seeking £130,000/w from Arsenal (and the annual compensation is times 52 weeks, making it ~ $11,600,000 per annum)

14. smokarz

smokarz Member+

Aug 9, 2006
    Hartford, CT
    I would agree if it was a non WC year.

But considerting the current situation. I just don't see how anyone could win his signature with a 2.5M Euro bid.

15. sidefootsitter

sidefootsitter Member+

Oct 14, 2004
    The point is that €2.5M is what it took. Past tense. If MLS had accepted $3.4M from Roma/Genoa, it has to accept the same amount from Lyon and 'Pool. The rest is up to the player. Teams don't bid against each other on the transfer price once a given amount has been deemed sufficient by the selling club/league. At this point on, the only differences are personal terms.

16. Gorky

Gorky Member+

Jul 28, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Has MLS accepted any transfer bids?

17. taylor

taylor Member+

Jun 9, 2000
    Fav team: FC CARL ZEISS JENA
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    more to the point, has MLS ever had competing bids simultaneously in its history?

18. DIMITAR BERBATOV!

Aug 2, 2010
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyone with a wallet. It's not a destination for top players anymore. The only big buys I can remember from last year were Higuain (to a Napoli team laden with Cavani money) and Balotelli (damaged goods who happens to be Italian as well). Then there's Tevez and Gervinho, two guys who were basically unwanted by their English clubs.

I think the financial situation over there has really hurt them, as they can't compete financially with the top English clubs or Bayern/Barca/Madrid for players. They're not going to win the Neymar/Bale/Ozil/Sanchez/Aguero type of transfer battles and their top clubs are starting to look out of their depth in the CL. They need to get their stuff together and try to get better TV deals to bring in more revenue because they're slipping.

19. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    OK, but feeder means they're developing players and other clubs are buying them for higher prices. Most Italian players don't leave Serie A. Very few do. The Belgian, Dutch, and to an extent, French leagues are feeder leagues to me. MLS is a feeder league. I think there are lots of players who see Serie A as a top place to play. The level of competiton (whether you like the style or not) is still pretty high. I don't want to get into ranking leagues.

Can you give some examples of players who were developed in Italy and sold to a league you deem higher than Serie A? I see a lot of solid players moving within Serie A and solid players moving to Serie A (Menez to Milan from PSG; Iturbe to Verona). But other than Immobile to Dortmund, not much.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Italian_football_transfers_summer_2014

20. grandinquisitor28

Feb 11, 2002
    Nevada
  21. grandinquisitor28

Feb 11, 2002
    Nevada

Maybe I'm a bit off base, but 2.5 Euro's just looks like yet another American discount. If he was Brazilian, I bet it would be at least 7 or 8 million Euro's. In Limited Minutes he was a lethal sub against Portugal, and Belgium, two European Squads, with plenty of talent out wide. He also showed superb tracking back ability, and even managed to catch Hazard on a breakaway and tackle the ball free. Tired of US players getting these kind of low ball b.s. offers. I would demand at least twice that if Im MLS/Seattle, plus a sell of percentage, because I'm definitelly betting in 2-3 years, he could be sold off for 3-4x what he was originally transferred for, particularly if it ends up being something weak like 5.5-6 million US Dollars.

22. DIMITAR BERBATOV!

Aug 2, 2010
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sure. There's been an exodus in recent years:

Balotelli ---> City
    Sanchez ---> Barca
    Pastore ---> PSG
    Eto'o ---> Anzhi
    Ibrahimovic ---> PSG
    Silva ---> PSG
    Sneijder ---> Galatasaray
    Verratti ---> PSG
    Lavezzi ---> PSG
    Cavani ---> PSG
    Lamela ---> Spurs
    Marquinhos ---> PSG
    Jovetic --- > City
    Immobile ---> Dortmund

Not many marquee names are going the other way. Higuain is about the only one and that move was financed by Cavani dollars. Gervinho was a flop at Arsenal. Tevez was unwanted at City. Balotelli had burnt bridges at City and was damaged goods. Llorente was had on a free transfer. Players who have every option available to them aren't picking Italy. They're only going there when they've failed elsewhere or they're looking to prove themselves for a bigger step up in the future (ala Pastore, Sanchez, Lamela).

AC Milan and Inter Milan have really regressed in the last 3-4 years. They're no longer anywhere close to competing for the CL title. Roma and Juve are okay, but they're selling clubs relative to the big money teams in England, Spain, and Germany (and PSG). The Italian league is still a good league, but it has fallen off in recent years. The national team, the UEFA rankings, and the loss of the fourth CL spot are reflections of that.

manoa and MadRHatter repped this.
  23. Gorky

Gorky Member+

Jul 28, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  24. Sizmik

Sizmik Member+

Dec 21, 2011
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i would much rather him go to Lyon....the french league puts out some pretty impressive defensive players...

25. SoCalYid

SoCalYid Member+

Jun 11, 2011
    BigSoccer :)
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Roma will not give Seattle a sell on fee if they're paying a fee for him. The ones that typically get that clause are players we didn't pay much for like Marquinhos. People are seriously forgetting for a player who has shown as much as Yedlin at this stage in his career €4m for a fullback is actually a good sum of money.

Inter love selling young players, that's nothing new. They've spent more on trying to find replacements when they could have just kept him and moved others on.
    Balotelli ---> City

Sold for mega bucks and would have been sold by most clubs.
    Sanchez ---> Barca
    Pastore ---> PSG
    Ibrahimovic ---> PSG
    Silva ---> PSG
    Lamela ---> Spurs
    Marquinhos ---> PSG
    Cavani ---> PSG
    Lavezzi ---> PSG
    Jovetic --- > City

Was a choice by the club and they hadn't been playing brilliant.
    Eto'o ---> Anzhi
    Sneijder ---> Galatasaray

Sold to the highest bidder by a promotion side, there's no sugar daddied clubs bidding for Championship players.
    Verratti ---> PSG

Seriously didn't have to happen. Juve selling him and buying Morata for £17m is a ridiculous decision.
    Immobile ---> Dortmund

It should be noted that the Serie A's fall is from being a top 2 league in the world, so it's more dramatic. I general though you're right the biggest issue though is the financial decline across the board from most clubs. The biggest issue is when Italy was the biggest league in the world, clubs just poured money into players. Go look back at what clubs were spending back then, it was obscene. Parma are like Goldman Sachs or Fannie Mae, poster children for a period excess.

Owners like Pallotta just didn't exist, at all. During that period more clubs should have taken the initiative to build the "brand" as Pallotta has done the past couple years. Instead they all got caught up in the competition to outspend. In fact, until Pallotta most Italian football fans actively hated owners like him, some still don't like him. The thought that an owner would want to build a club, make them sustainable, maybe profitable and not dump millions into the first team was seen as a negative and some still don't like it.

When hardship hit Serie A and Italy (the economy is struggling) in general and the vast reserves of money started to dry up none of these clubs had the infrastructure necessary to cope. The fan bases started dwindling and the hardcore fans started representing a larger portion of the attendance. Unlike Spain while Juve, Milan and Inter have had rich benefactors they don't have the wheels of government working in their favor like Barca or Madrid.

Italian clubs by in large are being forced to do now what they should have done years ago. I think the league will be better off in the end. You still get the occasional fan that really just doesn't get it. I know with Roma there's still fans demanding that Pallotta should open up the checkbook and by all kinds of players. That's the problem so many old Italian football owners were just as irresponsible as fans. Roma are doing well and it will start to show up in the bottom line starting next season until the stadium is built in 2 years or so.

When Italy fixes it's biggest issue which is the infrastructure and atmosphere at matches the league will improve and I'll always back the league to be attractive. The Bundesliga has made great strides but outside of the top 2/3 not many of the clubs have great marketing potential imo. When the league gets it's sh-t together it's still one of the only leagues other than England that has the potential to field over 4 top teams - Roma, Juve, Milan, Inter, Napoli, Fiorentina, Lazio, etc. All of those clubs are trying to build new modern stadiums.

INKRO repped this.