DCU App thread of electronic everything

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by dcchelseafc, Jun 26, 2018.

1. griffin1108

griffin1108 BigSoccer Supporter

Dec 5, 2003
    Virginia
    Yeah, I think the app works by sending a link by text. The person on the other end has to set up an account and then the link will provide the ticket. At least that's how I transferred a ticket to my son. It's ass backwards, but it does work. I just downloaded my tickets into my Wallet (iPhone 8 Plus) for tomorrow. Did the same thing last Saturday for my wife and I.

2. PSURoss

PSURoss Member+

Sep 30, 2002
    DC Burbs
    If you go into the app and look at ticket details, it will clearly state that your tickets face value is your STM price.

If you look at this chart from the STM guide, face value in 127 or any midfield seat is $60/75. STM price is $40/50. There were never $125 seats in that section. Thats some random ass markup that they're choosing to apply because the can or think they can. Every season ticket has a discount to face value every place I've ever been. Further as Rick says, he's paying a 56% premium for swapping his seats around in the same price range.

[​IMG]

toomanywords, Winoman and rickinva repped this.
  3. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    Dynamic season ticket prices happened...

16,000 - 17,000 with even more absentees for just the second game will make some errors very obvious even if the next one is a sellout.

shawn12011 repped this.
  4. PSURoss

PSURoss Member+

Sep 30, 2002
    DC Burbs
    I get dynamic pricing, but all my tickets have the same stated face value in the Ticket Details screen. On a single game basis, I get it, tix against a big star's team on a Saturday are going to be more on the aftermarket than a mid-week game against a bunch of schlubs from Philly, but if that's actually the case, it should be reflected in what my ticket's individual game face value. Its not. Go look at Nats STM tix. The Yankees game has a different face value than the Mets. The Nats and Caps have 2 or 3 different tiers of pricing based on opponent and day/time of the week.

Winoman and sitruc repped this.
  5. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    I'm not excusing. I think the team has ********ed up. I'm sure that's the rationale they use though. Dynamic season ticket pricing to go along with other pricing changes when they thought the product was becoming more popular.

Winoman repped this.
  6. shawn12011

shawn12011 Member+

Jun 15, 2001
    Reisterstown, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They are trying to run this like other franchises,it will fail.

7. D C B 2 3

D C B 2 3 Member+

Nov 18, 2007
    VA
    Missing my second match this Saturday due to vacation...so far it has been pretty easy to return tics for FAM via the app once I finally figured out I needed a Fan Hub account as well.

Winoman repped this.
  8. PSURoss

PSURoss Member+

Sep 30, 2002
    DC Burbs
    What kinds of stuff are you actually seeing to purchase with FAM?

9. PSURoss

PSURoss Member+

Sep 30, 2002
    DC Burbs
    So I tried the app on another device and it was fine. So I tried logging out and logging back in and it was fine. I guess something got jacked up with the session management in their app, on my phone.

Winoman repped this.
  10. D C B 2 3

D C B 2 3 Member+

Nov 18, 2007
    VA
    I have no idea what is available...I am hoping to use it to upgrade my seat for a game in the future or help pay down the cost of bringing my wife and kids.

Winoman repped this.
  11. DecadeOfDCU26

DecadeOfDCU26 Member+

May 2, 2007
    DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Funny how with all the advanced technology we have, the most common fixes involve simply restarting/refreshing.

bigredfutbol, fatbastard and Winoman repped this.
  12. PSURoss

PSURoss Member+

Sep 30, 2002
    DC Burbs
    Honestly its piss poor app development. Its a failure of requirements, development and testing. I am talking software engineering 101. Managing the session properly and dealing with an error state gracefully rather than leaving the user hanging with no explanation of what went wrong. And BTW, I just went to put tomorrows game in my passbook and surprise, its broken again. But pretty much half ass like everything else the new stadium.

fatbastard repped this.
  13. DecadeOfDCU26

DecadeOfDCU26 Member+

May 2, 2007
    DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Does every post need to send you into a diatribe about how much you think everything sucks?

DC Braveheart, John L and UnitedBorn repped this.
  14. shawn12011

shawn12011 Member+

Jun 15, 2001
    Reisterstown, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As a 29 year IT guy this apps sucks!!!!

15. Rick77

Rick77 Member

Apr 25, 2001
    DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Winoman repped this.
  16. NicktheGreek

NicktheGreek Member+

Feb 15, 2001
    Come on every time someone comments unfavorably you get your panties in a tight little bunch. They do it because it's fun to see how long it takes you have kittens. Wise up grow up shut up

17. DecadeOfDCU26

DecadeOfDCU26 Member+

May 2, 2007
    DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's the best you could do after 4 days?

18. DecadeOfDCU26

DecadeOfDCU26 Member+

May 2, 2007
    DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #93 DecadeOfDCU26, Jul 31, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2018
    Serious answer:

It's not every comment - criticisms are valid. It's when they're shoehorned in, or when people who aren't in agreement are being derided.

Point taken though, I will dial it back in the interest of the forum.

19. NicktheGreek

NicktheGreek Member+

Feb 15, 2001
    What makes you think I'd spend time every day reading your stuff?
    That's the spirit

20. DecadeOfDCU26

DecadeOfDCU26 Member+

May 2, 2007
    DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How about you reduce that to zero days?

21. toomanywords

toomanywords Member

Feb 25, 2002
    Washington, D.C.
    Club:
    DC United
    Yeah, this was really disappointing to me. I will admit I got a little spoiled over the years with the RFK ticket exchange policy (there were a few late-season games the last few seasons where we had a full row or two of friends coming along with us due to exchanges). But I didn't expect to have to trade two seats for every one I wanted in my section, which is 130.

I wound up just selling tickets either on StubHub or Ticketmaster and then buying extras on StubHub for games I know I need additional seats for.

sitruc repped this.
  22. song219

song219 BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 5, 2004
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Vanuatu
    In past seasons I was content to give my unused tickets to the charity DCU worked with. Now with the change of the charity and the electronic hoops you need to jump through to sell (exchange tickets), I'm content to to leave my seat empty if I'm not there.

23. NicktheGreek

NicktheGreek Member+

Feb 15, 2001
    Come on a guy needs a good laugh now and then, but if this is your last post forever that would do it unless someone collates a "best of" , no that wouldn't be possible

24. DCU4Life

DCU4Life Member

Jul 22, 2003
    Section 130 RFK
    I discovered something disturbing regarding the ticket sales portal on the DC United app / web page. I've listed several of my season tickets for resale through the app for games I can't attend. Overall it's been a great experience (easy to use, some tickets sold, money showed up in my bank account). But I discovered something today. My tickets do not show up as being available when accessing Ticketmaster through the DC United web page, even when selecting the option to see resale tickets. Some resale tickets in other sections display, but many don't. But when accessing Ticketmaster directly through their web site I can see my tickets and many other resale tickets that do not show up through the DC United Ticketmaster portal.

So the questions are:
    - Why do only some resale tickets show up as available through the DC United Ticketmaster portal?
    - What is the reason for discriminating against some tickets vs. others?
    - Has anyone else noticed this & gotten an answer as to why it works this way?

This seems fishy and potentially illegal? At the very least it seems unethical to play favorites this way. I don't recall anything in the terms & conditions stating that my tickets might not show as available when Ticketmaster is accessed one way vs. another.

sitruc repped this.
  25. DCU4Life

DCU4Life Member

Jul 22, 2003
    Section 130 RFK
    So I think I figured this out. If the tickets are listed too low (even if they are listed above face value) DC United filters them out so they do not compete with the tickets they are selling direct. My test was that I had tickets listed for $50 each that were not showing up on the DC United ticket portal. When I jacked the price up to $112, all of a sudden they magically appeared. So lessons learned:
    - If you're selling you'll get more visibility if you list your tickets at or above "market" price (according to DC United)
    - If you're buying, go directly to the Ticketmaster web page, otherwise you are getting ripped off

PSURoss, Winoman, fatbastard and 4 others repped this.