DCU App thread of electronic everything

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by dcchelseafc, Jun 26, 2018.

1. DC Braveheart

DC Braveheart Member

D.C. United
    Scotland
    Jan 2, 2001
    Oak Hill, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    I talked to my rep yesterday ... he was of the opinion that it was a very bad idea to be doing the mobile-only change this season - while it's a good idea (eventually) they are going to have enough on their hands with the new stadium without having to change the whole ticket taking process too.

Did not leave me with warm fuzzy feeling about how it'll go next Saturday :-(

dadman, asitis, sitruc and 3 others repped this.
  2. Funkfoot

Funkfoot Member+

May 18, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Thank you both. Like FB, I was afraid to click on "send," because who knows what would happen then?

fatbastard repped this.
  3. usadcu

usadcu Member

Aug 25, 2005
    Alexandria, VA
    One other note about eTickets...
    Once the person to whom you send the link "accepts" the eTicket, it's theirs. As if you had handed over a paper ticket back in the day.
    If a link hasn't yet been accepted, you can cancel the link. But once accepted there is no way to recall that ticket or generate a new code for that ticket to send to another person instead, as with many recent ticket systems that generate a PDF ticket containing a barcode (i.e. the Nats). Once that link is accepted, the ticket is gone.
    I'm not sure what they have in mind for lost tickets; I'm not even sure what a lost eTicket is.

Winoman repped this.
  4. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    The QR code appeared to refresh and need updating for me when using the app for the Open Cup match. Hopefully screenshots work for people.

5. Q*bert Jones III

Q*bert Jones III The People's Poet

Feb 12, 2005
    Woodstock, NY
    Club:
    DC United
    [​IMG]

D C B 2 3 and Winoman repped this.
  6. Funkfoot

Funkfoot Member+

May 18, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    I wondered who would get that reference first.

The problem with this team is too much SLACK!

JeremyEritrea and Winoman repped this.
  7. dcchelseafc

dcchelseafc Moderator
    Staff Member

DC United
    Sep 2, 2005
    Naptown
    Club:
    DC United
    So the LAG used Colorado’s Flash Seats App...so you go in with it they scan it then they print out a small ticket...uh wtf is the purpose of an app then?

8. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    Is that still what happens at Capital One Arena?

9. DecadeOfDCU26

DecadeOfDCU26 Member+

May 2, 2007
    DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    as of basketball playoffs this season, yes

sitruc repped this.
  10. pats1237

pats1237 Member

Oct 28, 2006
    The District
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Generally each year we like to exchange tickets to a few matches we won't be attending, and add tickets to another match to bring some friends along. I was looking on the app last night and this process isn't great.

It starts pretty well--you select the game you want to add tickets to, click the 3 dot at the top of the screen, and then select Add Tickets. The menu that pops up gives you the option to exchange your current (and presumably other tickets) for FAM in order to "purchase" new tickets.

However, the app doesn't let you select seats. It gives you a random selection at a random price point, and the only option you have is to refresh for another random selection. There's no option to search in a certain section or by a certain price. I'm cheap af, so it would be nice to specify I'd like some of those $30 seats. Might have to just sell tickets, and then buy at the right price point, until the app has more functionality. Or has anyone else found an easier way to do this?

sitruc and Winoman repped this.
  11. DecadeOfDCU26

DecadeOfDCU26 Member+

May 2, 2007
    DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No, when I was playing around with it when it came out, it was the same issue. Random seats and random prices.

12. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sounds like a good excuse to bother the ticket office .... to do ticket-office stuff. Remind them that their app is garbage while you're doing it so they might be able to pass that feeling on to the app developers :)

Sounds like it's optimized for team/ticketbastard profit and fan aggravation.

song219 and Winoman repped this.
  13. griffin1108

griffin1108 BigSoccer Supporter

Dec 5, 2003
    Virginia
    Moved my tickets from the App to the iPhone "Wallet" this morning. Let's hope whatever the gate agents are using can read the QR code. I'm assuming the worst, but hope to be surprised.

Winoman and asitis repped this.
  14. UnitedBorn

UnitedBorn Member+

Dec 7, 2015
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As long as people do this or download the image things will be fine.

It is the folks who don't have their ticket up and start fumbling through their phones at the gate that usually cause issue.

15. ImNumberTen

ImNumberTen Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have not followed the new electronic-only ticketing issue very closely. Is giving a ticket to a friend complicated now?

I'll be using one of four tickets a friend has. I'll be arriving at the stadium as least an hour before him. Can he not simply send me one of the tickets via email? If not, how can I get the ticket without having to wait for him?

16. DecadeOfDCU26

DecadeOfDCU26 Member+

May 2, 2007
    DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He can email you a link to it, or he can text you a screenshot of the QR code.

Winoman and ImNumberTen repped this.
  17. ejs1111

ejs1111 Member

Aston Villa | DC United
    Mar 1, 2018
    Maryland, USA
    why does the ticket need to be moved to the wallet?

I can just view the ticket on the app and it shows the QR code without moving it to the wallet... couldn't they just scan it while its being 'viewed'?

18. pats1237

pats1237 Member

Oct 28, 2006
    The District
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You should be able to just scan it off the app, but I think the wallet is probably more convenient and easier to access.

ejs1111 repped this.
  19. griffin1108

griffin1108 BigSoccer Supporter

Dec 5, 2003
    Virginia
    You don't have to. The convenience is that if you lose your connection to the App or there is some other network screw up -- the image of the ticket still resides on your phone. Think of this like using a digital pass to get on an airplane. Sometimes folks get timed out of their app as they approach the gate and then have to reconnect and sometimes that doesn't always work smoothly and the whole line then backs up.

Winoman, ejs1111 and sitruc repped this.
  20. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    Using wallets are better than using the app.

I recommend anyone adjust brightness up for the scan.

Winoman and ejs1111 repped this.
  21. roadkit

roadkit Greetings from the Fringe of Obscurity

Jul 2, 2003
    Fornax Cluster
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I downloaded the app yesterday. The day before the home opener at Audi Field.

Checked the roster. There's Mullins -- who plays for CBus now.

No Rooney.

Figures. It might seem like little shit, but those sorts of details -- or failure to pay attention to those sorts of details -- is what proves to me this is a half-assed organization.

big spaniel and fatbastard repped this.
  22. pr0ner

pr0ner Member+

Jan 13, 2007
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I heard from a couple people when I was entering that screenshots of tickets did NOT work.

23. DecadeOfDCU26

DecadeOfDCU26 Member+

May 2, 2007
    DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i texted my GF her ticket of the 2 i have and it worked at gate A. interesting it did not otherwise.

worked previously also at RFK and for Wizards games last season.

24. DC Braveheart

DC Braveheart Member

D.C. United
    Scotland
    Jan 2, 2001
    Oak Hill, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Friend that sits beside me spent 30 mins in line at the ticket office as as was unable to access tix on-line at the stadium - not surprising really with 1000's of smart phones all trying to access a small number of towers at the same time! Mike be better if/when they get WiFi running at AF.

Trick is to make sure you use the 'Save to phone' option BEFORE you leave home - that puts the ticket in Apple Wallet or Google Pay on the phone itself so you don't need a data connection at the stadium when going through the scanner.

ejs1111 and Winoman repped this.
  25. JayRockers!

JayRockers! Member+

Aug 4, 2001
    Truly stupid.

Thx,

Jay!