DC Universe Films

Discussion in 'Movies, TV and Music' started by General Disarray, Jun 26, 2015.

1. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    is there any love for Cyborg? or are people genuinely wondering who the dude in the robot suit is?

2. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    I can't imagine most know what he is. ********, I barely recognize Aquaman for what he is.

LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  3. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    Am I missing something? People seem psyched about that trailer - well some people at least - but to me it looks at times cringe-worthy and just bad. And yeah, the effects are sort of lame from a stylistic point of view. Though I guess they could still improve upon that a bit for the theatrical release?

Dante, sitruc and LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  4. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    I'm still amazed that they haven't been promoting Superman's inclusion in this film. It's 6 weeks away

5. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    I'm with you. I don't see it. I'm going to have to be convinced to see this in theaters after it comes out. I still don't see what would make me want to spend theater money on it. FWIW, I saw Wonder Woman in theaters, but it's hard to remember another big DC movie I saw during wide release. I'm pretty sure I recorded and eventually watched Suicide Squad only after a free weekend of HBO. I didn't watch the last Superman movie in theaters nor did I watch BvS in theater. There are very few Marvel movies I miss in theaters (none of the MCU).

Belgian guy and Gamecock14 repped this.
  6. Dills

Dills Moderator
    Staff Member

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jun 6, 2006
    Southampton|PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He ded.

:p

7. riverplate

riverplate Member+

Jan 1, 2003
    Corona, Queens
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    'Justice League' Underwhelms At Box Office With $96 Million Opening - Entertainment Weekly
    http://ew.com/movies/2017/11/19/justice-league-box-office-disappoints-96-million/

8. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    A co-worker gave me $5 so I saw it. That's the only reason I saw it.

luftmensch repped this.
  9. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    I enjoyed it. 8/10

though ending left a lot to be desired. And Aquaman seemed so underwritten.

10. riverplate

riverplate Member+

Jan 1, 2003
    Corona, Queens
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Joss Whedon Exits Warner Bros. 'Batgirl' Movie - Deadline
    http://deadline.com/2018/02/joss-whedon-exits-batgirl-movie-warner-bros-1202299934/

Belgian guy repped this.
  11. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    Goodbye DC, you're done for

12. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    I honestly don't think Joss Whedon has to be such a terrible loss to the Batgirl movie.
    This is a good opportunity for D.C. to do what some fans have wanted them to do for a while: get Gail Simone to write the Batgirl screenplay.
    Then get a female director in to helm it. I don't think it matters all that much who they even choose if they just get Simone to write it.
    Though I wouldn't mind an out of leftfield choice, e.g. Amma Asante.

sitruc and LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  13. Bluto11

Bluto11 The sky is falling!

May 16, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    Watched Justice League since it is now on HBO. Thought it was terrible.

Dante and sitruc repped this.
  14. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    It was fun; like a live action cartoon.

15. Klimpt

Klimpt New Member

Aug 24, 2015
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Only reason I watched Justice League is because I watch all super hero movies, I also wanted to see the mustache.

sitruc repped this.
  16. riverplate

riverplate Member+

Jan 1, 2003
    Corona, Queens
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    [​IMG]

Pattinson is Officially 'The Batman'
    - Variety
    https://variety.com/2019/film/news/robert-pattinson-batman-1203230054/

Robert Pattinson is officially the new Batman. Warner Bros. has closed a deal for the “Twilight” actor to play the Caped Crusader in “The Batman.” Pattinson became a star following the breakout success of the five-film “Twilight” franchise, in which he portrayed the vampire Edward Cullen opposite Kristen Stewart’s Bella Swan.

Matt Reeves’ superhero tentpole hits theaters on June 25, 2021. Variety first reported on May 16 that Pattinson was in negotiations for the part. The studio confirmed on Friday that he had signed a deal. Pre-production on the Warner Bros.-DC Comics pic is expected to start this summer. No official start date has been set for filming “The Batman.”

Reeves, the filmmaker behind the last two “Planet of the Apes” sequels, assumed “Batman” directing duties from Ben Affleck in January 2017. Reeves will produce “The Batman” with his “Planet of the Apes” collaborator Dylan Clark. Affleck starred as Batman in two titles directed by Zack Snyder: 2016’s “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice” and 2017’s “Justice League.” Both films received mixed reviews and were a disappointment for Warner Bros. in its efforts to compete with Marvel Studios in the superhero realm.

sitruc repped this.
  17. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    They really couldn't go with an unknown?

18. Philip J. Fry

Philip J. Fry Member+

Mexico
    Jun 12, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund

19. Philip J. Fry

Philip J. Fry Member+

Mexico
    Jun 12, 2013
    Club: