DC United v. FC Rocky Mountain High (aka Crapids)

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by griffin1108, Apr 12, 2019.

1. MagpieFan

MagpieFan Member+

Apr 25, 2004
    Back in DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Brilliant coming on for Robinson. OMGWTFBBQ a substitute.

Winoman repped this.
  2. JayRockers!

JayRockers! Member+

Aug 4, 2001
    Canouse for Segura.

Winoman repped this.
  3. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    They're still up a goal and this shit is embarrassing.

Winoman and onefineesq repped this.
  4. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    The defense has no idea.

5. onefineesq

onefineesq Member+

Sep 16, 2003
    Laurel, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is ridiculous. I don't care what our record is - we still have a terrible coach.

Winoman and sitruc repped this.
  6. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    All of the C38 shots are laughable. Great "production."

JayRockers! repped this.
  7. MagpieFan

MagpieFan Member+

Apr 25, 2004
    Back in DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    First half was a "hey, can we play at altitude now?"

Second half, "oh, never mind..."

8. ImNumberTen

ImNumberTen Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    All these damn corners...

9. JayRockers!

JayRockers! Member+

Aug 4, 2001
    Unless my tablet is missing something, the people covering the game are sticking to Ben’s original script: NO SUBS!

D690DD1C-BEE6-4BEF-A208-D29F3F8A48A4.png

Winoman repped this.
  10. JayRockers!

JayRockers! Member+

Aug 4, 2001
    Getting them on the Altitude feed, so it must be shared.

Which is maybe why Flo can’t send the announcers away, they don’t have a camera to bring to the game to “produce” pre/post game.

11. MagpieFan

MagpieFan Member+

Apr 25, 2004
    Back in DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They must be following via carrier pigeon.

UnitedBorn, JayRockers! and Winoman repped this.
  12. MagpieFan

MagpieFan Member+

Apr 25, 2004
    Back in DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Amarikwa in for Acosta.

Winoman repped this.
  13. JayRockers!

JayRockers! Member+

Aug 4, 2001
    Dive, dive, foul outside the box.

14. JayRockers!

JayRockers! Member+

Aug 4, 2001
    Phew!

Winoman repped this.
  15. MagpieFan

MagpieFan Member+

Apr 25, 2004
    Back in DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well yay, they didn't shoot themselves in the foot entirely. If Colorado wasn't so terrible, they'd have lost this one though

sitruc repped this.
  16. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    3 points.

I have a feeling Olsen is disappointed they didn't get 1.

Winoman and onefineesq repped this.
  17. MagpieFan

MagpieFan Member+

Apr 25, 2004
    Back in DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wish this was sarcasm.

18. onefineesq

onefineesq Member+

Sep 16, 2003
    Laurel, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The entirety of the last 30 minutes were played in the final 40 yards of the Rapids attacking goal. That was a SHAMEFUL job of coaching. I dont care what the score ended up being. Thats not the way to close out a poor team.

19. ImNumberTen

ImNumberTen Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What the hell was up with Flo never letting us know how much stoppage time there would be? And Dave couldn't tell us because no camera shot of the stoppage minutes sign was ever shown, and they weren't at the game.

I saw numerous examples of how the broadcast is lesser without the announcers on site, including no goal call at all on DCU's first because Dave obviously missed it on his monitor.

Amateur hour.

Dizi and Winoman repped this.
  20. griffin1108

griffin1108 BigSoccer Supporter

Dec 5, 2003
    Virginia
    That 3-4-3 doesn't work with the personnel. Robinson is a sub -- at best. He drifted out of position on the Kamara goal and left Birnbaum trying to fill two places because Pines had to slide to cover Robinson. Arriola and Segura were fine, but they both wore down in the altitude. Remember, this was Arriola's 3rd game in 7 days and Segura went the full 90 on Tuesday. Playing at altitude is a bitch on full rest, I can't imagine how those guys felt in the second half. At one point, it looked like Arriola was dealing with a stitch in his side from the lack of oxygen.

Given the defense consisted of a rookie, a journeyman sub and a starter, the result wasn't bad. As I said earlier, say a prayer to any higher being/spirit you choose for the quick recovery of Jara and Mora. If Colorado was any good, this was a loss. But they weren't. If Colorado doesn't have the advantage of altitude, the score might have been 5-1 at the half -- I think the Colorado coach may be the first to fall this season.

The positive takeaways are these: Pines can play, I take back my earlier criticism that he wasn't ready. He's good enough for the 18 and should move past Robinson on the depth chart. Durkin showed he could play -- for the future, Olsen should do a 3 person rotation in the middle with Durkin, Canouse and Moreno. Would keep them all sharp and fresh.

Diceson, Eastern Bear, dadman and 2 others repped this.
  21. griffin1108

griffin1108 BigSoccer Supporter

Dec 5, 2003
    Virginia
    The telecast was poor. Dave and Devon look like they are in a prison cell somewhere (I think it's in the bowels of AF). The quality of my feed kept drifting in and out and I agree, the lack of a stoppage time indication in the second half was maddening. However, that eff up I think is on whoever does the Colorado home games, because Flo simply is taking that feed -- and clearly having it produced by a chimp on crack.

Winoman repped this.
  22. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    He made the goal call, but then was uncertain because Colorado players stopped reacting like there may be a legitimate call for a foul or something. Since he was not in the venue, he could not see that there was no reason not to continue the goal call.

Flo is just using whatever feed. It's embarrassing to see so many C38 shots.

23. Monarch Bay Beachbum

Apr 5, 2004
    The OC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In my area, Laguna Beach, CA I had the same problems. No game until the start of the 2nd half and then no sound.
    I would have preferred to see the 1st half.

Winoman repped this.
  24. bct81

bct81 Member+

multiple (DC United, Dortmund, Arsenal, Leeds....)
    United States
    Mar 17, 2007
    moving around the US every few years ....
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What a treat to be at the game tonight. Just got back. Moved from DC to front range 18 months ago and this was our only chance to see United since we have moved here (lived in DC from 95-17) ....

Rooney gave it his best but he was not really a factor except for some hold up play.

DC played well to start the match and the 15 minute section end of first half where they took the Rapids apart. Best part was watching Acosta get active with Rodriguez and Ariola.

Durkin's goal was class.

Second half was rough at best.

Robinson was really really upset when he came off the pitch. He threw his jersey down and walked halfway down the sideline towards leaving the field and then came back and sat down.

Ariola was a beast all game.

Rapids fans were super ticked they could not come back.

Yes they suck.

I am looking forward to my next trip back east this year when I can see DCU in Audi Field. My only memories are of concrete and RFK .....

Great night and glad to see them notch the 3 points.

25. Petworth Posse

Feb 24, 2009
    Club:
    DC United
    There's a lot of bad sub choices from which to choose "Worst Substitution by Ben" Award, but subbing Robinson for Brillant has to be up there. First, we're getting assaulted and need more defenders. I'm all for bring Brillant in, but take off Rooney. You have too. Second, taking off Robinson, despite a bad game, just ruined the dudes confidence. Taking off a defender when you're defending a lead on the road is idiotic.