DC United front office, or lack thereof

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by NattyBo, Apr 23, 2015.

1. Adler

Adler Member+

Aug 20, 2003
    das Schloss Adler
    Club:
    DC United
    The Screagles, Barra, and DUs are going to self-segregate into three separate sections in the SG end (with the SEs in the middle to keep the peace). No way this won't happen. And as I've opined here or elsewhere, the very idea of the SEs "controlling" the songs, etc. is laughable. That's never happened at RFK and it won't-- and cannot-- happen at Audi.

Fear not.

JRHokie and Dizi repped this.
  2. JeremyEritrea

JeremyEritrea Member+

Jun 29, 2006
    Takoma Park, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Right, because that's where my post ended.

3. Adler

Adler Member+

Aug 20, 2003
    das Schloss Adler
    Club:
    DC United
    IMHO, this is doable, although-- not being one of the Screagle "in" crowd-- I may not be aware of the fiscal issues involved.
    As I have said, and will agitate for, the SEs should "block grant" tix to the BB and DUs and let them sell to their members themselves (and collect their own mark-up for their own income). Leave us the hell out of it-- then the SEs can't get accused of exploiting the situation. Makes sense to me.
    But, then, what the eff do I know?

4. NicktheGreek

NicktheGreek Member+

Feb 15, 2001
    Get Dewey, Screwem and Howe to start a class action suit for the aggrieved.. The team will not welcome the negative publicity

5. pr0ner

pr0ner Member+

Jan 13, 2007
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Still not very productive to the discussion.

6. JeremyEritrea

JeremyEritrea Member+

Jun 29, 2006
    Takoma Park, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Right back atcha, brocephus.

7. pr0ner

pr0ner Member+

Jan 13, 2007
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  8. Dizi

Dizi Member

Feb 13, 2015
    Club:
    DC United
    According to the SE response via Q&A this will only happen if BB and DU agree to the terms spelled out in the MLS fan code of conduct (no smoke, cursing, etc).

9. NicktheGreek

NicktheGreek Member+

Feb 15, 2001
    So who gets the ultimate blame for the horrible singing?

10. Adler

Adler Member+

Aug 20, 2003
    das Schloss Adler
    Club:
    DC United
    What horrible singing?
    It's all beautiful baby, just beautiful.
    Woof woof
    [Oddball from Kelly's Heroes.]

11. tallguy

tallguy Member+

Sep 15, 2004
    MoCoLand, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here?

Adler, song219 and shawn12011 repped this.
  12. Funkfoot

Funkfoot Member+

May 18, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    The team said there would be no single game tickets in the supporters sections, season tickets only. I made arrangements to split a pair of season tickets. Now they have changed their minds and they will sell single game tickets after all. They lied to get my money. Screw them. I am pissed.

ImNumberTen, sitruc, dcchelseafc and 2 others repped this.
  13. shawn12011

shawn12011 Member+

Jun 15, 2001
    Reisterstown, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

[​IMG]

JRHokie and tallguy repped this.
  14. Theopisa

Theopisa Member+

Pisa Sporting Club
    Italy
    Oct 7, 2008
    Venezia
    Club:
    Pisa Calcio
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I don't want to sound condescending, but did you not see this coming? These folks would sell their mother to get somebody to buy a season ticket, let alone lie to fans.

shawn12011, griffin1108 and NicktheGreek repped this.
  15. Theopisa

Theopisa Member+

Pisa Sporting Club
    Italy
    Oct 7, 2008
    Venezia
    Club:
    Pisa Calcio
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I don't think it's true - or at least generally speaking - clubs still want the show on the stands,but they want it without any troubles related. In some countries they get it, in some others half way, in others they don't; but no club would actually be willing to give up having ultras or similar, for a variety of reasons. DCU may be one exception, definitively not the rule. And same goes for most other MLS clubs, they have really tried hard to work with fans to get a good supporter section, see this article for example (https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2018...ounce-supporters-section-change-avaya-stadium). Again, it may be that DCU is just the exception.

16. NicktheGreek

NicktheGreek Member+

Feb 15, 2001
    Sell their mother?
    Again?
    When will it end?

song219 repped this.
  17. tallguy

tallguy Member+

Sep 15, 2004
    MoCoLand, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh, come on. Lied? Seriously? They simply made a business decision. We're not talking necessarily about competent team owners or front office people here. They way overshot their mark and now they're puling back. That's all.

pr0ner repped this.
  18. griffin1108

griffin1108 BigSoccer Supporter

Dec 5, 2003
    Virginia
    I agree. I always thought that if DCU sold enough season tickets there would be no single game tickets in the supporters' section. They also said no Flex Plan tickets as well. Well guess what? Season ticket sales didn't meet the goal, so Flex Plan tickets are now available. Like any business, DCU will try to get your money early by hints/threats of unavailability in the future. I got in early, but I always was going to get 4 season tickets for the family regardless of what DCU said. Some folks jumped early, that's what the marketers were counting on.

19. Theopisa

Theopisa Member+

Pisa Sporting Club
    Italy
    Oct 7, 2008
    Venezia
    Club:
    Pisa Calcio
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  20. Theopisa

Theopisa Member+

Pisa Sporting Club
    Italy
    Oct 7, 2008
    Venezia
    Club:
    Pisa Calcio
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    DU Facebook page has some interesting posts.

21. NicktheGreek

NicktheGreek Member+

Feb 15, 2001
    Florence Foster Jenkins would be a welcome addition

And not even the addition of cats makes it more repulsive

Hedbal repped this.
  22. dcchelseafc

dcchelseafc Moderator
    Staff Member

DC United
    Sep 2, 2005
    Naptown
    Club:
    DC United
    And they won't refund based on this, a lot of folks are beyond livid

sitruc repped this.
  23. dcchelseafc

dcchelseafc Moderator
    Staff Member

DC United
    Sep 2, 2005
    Naptown
    Club:
    DC United
    So DCU shrunk the SG sections, only 136,137 now, 800 tickets total. SEs agreed to that, 800 is now I believe the smallest SG section in all of MLS. Just sad, really sad. yet another lie from the FO after they said there would be 1200 seats available.
    This explains the no safe standing. They want DU and BB gone and want the family friendly atmosphere.

24. NicktheGreek

NicktheGreek Member+

Feb 15, 2001
    Not to sound too tight assed, but if they enforce the MLS code of conduct, no tailgating, slow beer service and play like last year 800 is a very optimistic number after 6 or 7 home games

song219 and dcchelseafc repped this.
  25. Aconti2

Aconti2 Member

Apr 10, 2011
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Honestly the atmosphere of the stadium really depends on the vibe in the non supporters sections. Even when all the groups are doing a great job drumming and waving flags it really sucks the air out of the stadium when the whole opposite half couldnt be bothered to do much of anything. This is why it was sometimes more fun to sit on the opposite side so that you could see the SGs and the game. I dont know what point I'm trying to make. Maybe they should have a SG in each stand.