DC - Mutts [R]

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by Popero, Sep 12, 2002.

1. Popero

Popero Member

Jul 5, 2002
    CT
    1-0 United at the Half.

Take that, Mutts.

2. George Griffin

George Griffin New Member

Feb 18, 1999
    Prince Edward Island
    What an ugly match. The field is a mess and both teams are floating bombs. DCU has many players out yet get the lead in extra time on a Marco E. free kick that fools Howard. Cooooommmmeee Onnnnn DCU.

3. Mike Marshall

Mike Marshall Member+

Feb 16, 2000
    Woburn, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The people who run the Meadowlands should be ashamed of themselves for the state of the field. I wouldn't let a JV High School team play on that.

4. goyette82

goyette82 Member

Jan 16, 2000
    Lowell, Ma
    Thank you DC. Now take them out again on Saturday.

5. Popero

Popero Member

Jul 5, 2002
    CT
    There it is, a final.

Chippy game.

6. George Griffin

Feb 18, 1999
    Prince Edward Island
    DC should have gone up 2-0 at 60 minutes. Three uncovered in box on the Keeper and Convey just bangs it directly at the keeper without passing to either side to an open team mate. No wonder they haven't been able to score goals this year. If anyone offers us Convey please say no.

Thank you DCU for winning the first round of the "UGLY Bowl". Do it again Saturday.

7. JohnnyRev

JohnnyRev Member

Feb 23, 2001
    Boston, MA
    A world class dive by Big Mama late in the first half was the highlight of the game. He fell on his back, rolled up onto his shoulder, balanced there for a second, spun while his feet pointed upward, came down, and then rolled sideways over and over about three times. Ben Olsen came over and said something, and Mama hopped up and shoved him.

A truly ugly match featuring two ugly teams. The ref was ugly, and so was the crowd.

8. Fiero20

Fiero20 Member

Aug 3, 2002
    Gillette Stadium
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    if you see the state of my high-school's field you wouldn't be saying that. id let my college team play on the meadowlands before my high school field.

but your rite, a professional field should look respectable, not dispicable. it does reflect the team though. ugly field, ugly team.

cheers

9. BrianCappellieri

BrianCappellieri Red Card

Feb 11, 2002
    At your high school...

Is there a massive crater at midfield, the rest of the playing area made up of sand, water, and fire alongside a volcano? ;)

I can't believe the turf Reyes dug up by the sideline with his knee.

10. Popero

Popero Member

Jul 5, 2002
    CT
    I was laughing so hard.

11. EdTheRed

EdTheRed Member+

Feb 6, 2001
    Loose On The Town
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Cook Islands
    That was a truly classic dive - the instant recovery and lunge for Olsen almost made me snarf beer through my nose.

Now we've got one more match to hold up our end of the "Keep the Scum out of the Playoffs" bargain, and then we turn them over to you to finish them off. Wish us luck on Saturday - it's going to be a war - though at least the field will be decent.

12. BrianCappellieri

BrianCappellieri Red Card

Feb 11, 2002
    That would include you guys as well. ;)

13. MarioKempes

MarioKempes Member+

Real Madrid, DC United, anywhere Pulisic plays
    Aug 3, 2000
    Proxima Centauri
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good win for DCU. It may be too little too late. But if not, then sadly we must also pass the Revs on the way to the playoffs.

14. goussoccer

goussoccer Member+

May 23, 2001
    Avon, CT
    Actually, while I may not like the Mutts, I was kind of hoping that the game on the 21st didn't mean anything to them because it almost certainly will to us....

15. George Griffin

Feb 18, 1999
    Prince Edward Island
    Ex Revs Last Night

It was sad to see Teddy in a Mutt unform and to see him hacking Olson all game long. He will always be a Rev in my mind but his abilities have surely been sapped by time and injury and I'm glad he's not doing his declining season(s) in a Rev kit. I gave him a (4)

Andy Williams on the other hand showed that he still has the ability to spray balls around the firld with skill but he sure wasn't a difference maker last night. I gave him a (5)

What can we say about Diallo? I think we can change his name to "Big Babby". We may have traded him for the leagues biggest nut case but the Mutts sure got the all time Baby-Hughie in return. What a Whuuusssss!

16. rkupp

rkupp Member+

Jan 3, 2001
    What's happened to Ben Olsen? He's been such a hothead since he came back. I know he's been dealt a tough last 2 years, but has it made him bitter? Before the injuries, he never seemed to get as frustrated as he does now!

17. EdTheRed

EdTheRed Member+

Feb 6, 2001
    Loose On The Town
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Cook Islands
    I think his frustration on the field since returning is due at least in part to the fact that the team has, uh, not performed optimally, either during his prolonged absence or since his return. He really wants to win, and until (and unless) he recovers fully, he can't drag the team to victory all by himself.

Also, he really dislikes the Metros.

18. Haig

Haig Member+

May 14, 2000
    METROSTARS
    Club:
    --other--
    With the constant injuries and the horrible personality, he's the new Tab Ramos.