Dave Gorman

Discussion in 'Movies, TV and Music' started by Doctor Stamen, Sep 15, 2002.

1. Doctor Stamen

Doctor Stamen New Member

Nov 14, 2001
    In a bag with a cat.
    This guy is another really funny bloke. He came onto the scene a year or two ago when he had a bet that he could find 54 other Dave Gorman's in the world, and they live within an certain mean distance from his house. He then spent the next few months going all over the world in his quest for finding other Dave Gormans. He'd then do a weekly diary show documenting his progress.

He now is doing another show on BBC 2 using the same format, in which he is scientifically testing what effect horoscopes would have on his life over a 40 day period. He does this by following the words of 20 newspaper/internet astrologers to the letter, and then comparing it to what his twin brother (who has been ignoring the horoscopes) has been doing. The studio then votes on how healthy, and happy they think the two twins are doing, whilst the money spent is subtracted. In short the formula is love+health-wealth=happiness.

It throws up some odd results. For instance, he had to find a person of a certain name in a Barrow. So he ended up meeting a 9 year old linedancing schoolboy in Barrow-in-Furness in Cumbria.

If you can, watch it as it is brilliantly surreal.

[​IMG]

2. Footix

Footix Member

Dec 11, 1998
    Left Of The Dial
    This guy's show ran on BBC America last year, and he did his live show for about a month in NYC...really fuuny stuff.

Look for him as "John the Postman" in 24 Hour Party People.

3. Doctor Stamen

Doctor Stamen New Member

Nov 14, 2001
    In a bag with a cat.
    The astrology one is even better, trust me :).

4. iansfavouritecopilot

Jun 21, 2002
    Hartlepool, UK
    I preffered his first series. His stand-up act is ace also.

Gorman is a legend

5. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I also caught Meet Dave Gorman on BBC-America. He also did a great interview on The Daily Show with Jon Stewart. So, thanks for the two heads ups on the astrology gig and the appearance in 24 Hour Party People

6. nicodemus

nicodemus Member+

Sep 3, 2001
    Cidade Mágica
    Club:
    PAOK Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    When "Are You Dave Gorman" came on BBC America, my wife got scared, because I started pondering if I could find 54 of my namesakes...just for the heck of it...one for each card in the deck...plus the jokers!