Das Reboot and the Road to UEFA Nations League & EC2020

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by Ger90, Jun 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Jitty Slitter

The Jitty Slitter Moderator
    Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    Anymore posts about this gets instant yellow card.

MatthausSammer repped this.
  2. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Fine by me!

It will be an interesting time this fall because we’re less than a year away from the Euro’s :whistling:

3. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    And anymore Kiwi thought police attempts get you Bayern Verbot

The Jitty Slitter repped this.
  4. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Arp? He's closer to U21 than senior NT.

I mean you always talk about trends in the game and all your examples are from a few big clubs in Europe. Even though there are hundreds of clubs and they don't play alike.

yet you always seem to ignore the Low trends. He's been our coach for almost 14 years. You should know him well by now.What makes you think Arp is anywhere near the senior NT? Low basically confirmed he wants 10+ goals for strikers, something I even told you in all our striker debates and you thought it was stupid but doesn't change the way this coach operates. He also looks for consistency as well.

and we are officially less than a year away from the Euros. Not a lot of time for him or any other new striker to breakthrough senior NT. Waldschmidt could be the newer striker with the best shot. Kovac also stated that he believed that Arp is a few years away from becoming a German Senior NT player when he 1st signed from HSV. So more likely min 2022 WC.

saj7866 repped this.
  5. saj7866

saj7866 Member+

Dortmund
    Germany
    May 10, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yep spot on

6. saj7866

saj7866 Member+

Dortmund
    Germany
    May 10, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I rate arp very highly and I agree he has to show this Hugh potential into consistent performances, with sane unavailable for a lengthy period then I believe werner and kai need to be given a consistent run

Ger90 repped this.
  7. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I could easily see Arp being an 2020 Olympics contender if Bayern allows him to go. Potentially good experience for any striker who gets called up.

with Sane out, it does give Werner, Havertz, Brandt and Low's fav Draxler more playing time for sure. Let's see what Selke/Uth/Volland/Petersen/Waldschmidt/Younes etc do next season.

next season is important since it's the Euro season.

saj7866 repped this.
  8. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

9. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Injury updates
    -Sane is out for like half a year.
    -Kehrer declared out for 3 weeks, so could miss out
    -Rudiger, seems like he'll be back in mid-September post Internationals.

and that's 3 players who are basically out. 1 Winger and 2 CBs. Also seems like Lampard really wants Rudiger to get back as fast as possible. It really annoys me that we don't have a set CB pair and fast approaching Euro.

seems like based on Low selections we should expect Sule, Tah, Ginter and Stark.

crap just noticed September matches are Dutch and Northern Ireland. Bad time for a bunch of injuries.

10. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Freiburg's president Fritz Keller to become DFB president

11. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    should we expect Streich to succeed Low?:oops:

12. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    nah, Freiburg doesnt have any streetcred at DFB and Streich is too old. Löw only got the job through Klinsmann and VfB. Next DFB coach will likely come from DFB e.g. Kuntz or a CL coach like Klopp or Tuchel

saj7866 and Ger90 repped this.
  13. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  14. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    last season, Low was checking Neuhaus out and looks like he's interested again.

For him, it is also about to recommend for a possible participation in the European Championships next year. Germany coach Joachim Loew has Neuhaus on the slip, he also likes the style of the Gladbacher. In the U21 European Championship, this has shown that he can set international accents, which he wants to do now in Gladbach, in the Europa League. "The anticipation is huge," said Neuhaus.
    https://rp-online.de/sport/fussball...-koennte-zum-ac-mailand-wechseln_aid-45111549

looks like Neuhaus is getting more and more admirers as even Italian Legend Paolo Maldini likes Neuhaus. Has he's heavily linked with making a move to AC Milan in 2020.

15. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    DFB: Presidential candidate Fritz Keller promises 'no more one-man-show'
    The German Football Association is set to elect an unlikely new president as it looks to polish up its damaged image. SC Freiburg president Fritz Keller will take power, partly because he's prepared to give it up.
    https://www.dw.com/en/dfb-president...ller-promises-no-more-one-man-show/a-50119403

his godfather was Fritz Walter, interesting.

also
    But Keller doesn't want to rest on the laurels of tradition; one of his conditions for making the leap to the top of the DFB was reform in the organization. To this end, he has already prepared suggestions which have met with the approval of other leading figures.

And the DFB, having lurched from one crisis to the next in recent years, is in dire need of reform. "There are far too many tasks for one person to tackle on his own,” said Keller. "It simply can't be a one-man-show nowadays.”

For Keller, it's going to be a case of thoroughness over speed, while involving as many different people as possible. "A good leader gives people room to work,” he said. "That's what I've learnt in my years as president in Freiburg and that's how I want to work at the DFB as well.”

As part of the planned reforms, Keller has announced that he does not intend to strive for potential positions at UEFA or FIFA – a key departure from his immediate predecessors who seemed to devote a disproportionate amount of energy to acquiring such roles, and the lucrative remuneration which comes with them.

In future, Rainer Koch, the DFB vice-president, will represent German football on the international stage, where Germany currently has no representation at either UEFA or FIFA. Re-acquiring a seat at world football's top table won't be easy.

and
    Keller got the unanimous backing from all first and second division clubs. He also got 37 of 38 votes from local and regional associations, with one association chief absent.

16. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Low watched Gladbach's 3-1 win over Mainz today. Seems likely for Neuhaus, other German players in squads of both teams are either too young or not NT material.

17. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  18. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I think Demme or Geiger is needed in the NT

Someone tough-nosed and tackles the ball, with coverage

Since Emre Can isn’t an option... and always think Weigl is a bit too soft

19. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I like Geiger but Kuntz has already declared him for U21. Recall you used to compare Geiger with the Italian Gattuso.
    hasn't Weigl improved recently?

as for Can, he needs to be a starter while making a fuss about Low is never a good idea.

20. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I think some of these players are potential candidates are the new team:

- Diego Demme
    - Julian Weigl
    - Florian Neuhaus
    - Kevin Volland
    - Luca Waldschmidt

Maybe Nils Petersen back isn’t impossible too

21. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    My squad:

GK) Neuer, ter Stegen, Nubel

RB) Kimmich, Klostermann
    CB) Sule, Ginter, Kehrer, Stark
    LB) Schulz, Halstenberg

DM/ZM) Demme, Kroos, Gundogan, Brandt, Goretzka, Weigl

Wing/AM) Werner, Reus, Gnabry, Havertz, Waldschmidt

CF) Volland

Would take Hummels instead of Kehrer to be honest

22. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    is it legal to play clones? We should clone Mustafi 10 times and play him in every position.

23. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Believe it or not, if we have to play clones

I like having more Halstenbergs and Havertzs on the pitch

Both are too solid

24. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    what I like about Halstenberg and Schulz is that they are not too young nor too old. So pretty much will not block all the promising young LBs.

25. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany