Das Reboot and the Road to UEFA Nations League & EC2020

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by Ger90, Jun 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Jitty Slitter

The Jitty Slitter Moderator
    Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    I already said I looked into it

I think KHR needs to post from one account only

2. saj7866

saj7866 Member+

Dortmund
    Germany
    May 10, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

3. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    this is what we need

[​IMG]

Now that we’ve got Miroslav Klose’s extensive career history out of the way, it is time to analyse just why and how he was so successful. As you can see in the diagram above, I have labelled Klose as both a poacher and a target man. It was hard for me to classify him in just one role as he possessed the finishing ability of a poacher, with the physicality and aerial ability of a target man. Some refer to this kind of striker as a ‘complete forward‘ but, for the purpose of this analysis, I want to break down Klose’s play into the different roles he could fill.

seriously all I saw from Reus/Sane/Gnabry is players running through the defense, which is something hard to do vs top teams, where the defense is a ton better and more efficient. Makes sense since these guys are wingers/AM and not strikers. I mean even Gomez when we used him didn't stay in the box all the time, but he always drew 2 defenders on him and was a huge nuisance due to his physicality and build. Klose had the same effect while also being heavily involved with build up.

4. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  5. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    knowing Low, likely wants to see consistency over more than a season. Thing about da Costa is that he only became a starter and regular due to the injury of Chandler.

although crazy that according to TM, he played 50 matches in all competition.

so benjibo is KHR confirmed. Seems like he decided to stick with benjibo.

6. Rac93

Rac93 Member

Bayern Munich
    Germany
    Sep 29, 2017
    Tah really isnt a great player. He was hyped from a young age due to his physical maturity and physicality but I dont see him as a national team player.

7. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I don't disagree but he's still very young and still U21 eligible, lets see how he develops over next season. Bayer is in CL next season, that's good test for him going into the Euro 2020 season. Feels like he was a Rudiger stand in though. Had Rudi been fit, he would have started instead.

I want to see us try Stark, we called him up 2 times in a row but yet to use him. Looks like it's the same issue with M.Eggestein and Havertz call up, they are only seen as back ups options. Shows why it's tough for new players unless it's a problem position it's why Schulz and Klostermann were able to jump into the XI.

8. Lewisfromuk

Lewisfromuk Member

Bayer Leverkusen
    Germany
    May 15, 2018
    Agree mostly particularly klostermann being fast full back, also he is tall too.
    I agree technically the current squad is good, Reus, sane, gnaby and haverts all technically good. I won’t say Draxler is bad player, he is technically quite excellent and can hold the ball and can shoot, but he needs to play more matches in the club and improve his passing skills

Ger90 repped this.
  9. Lewisfromuk

Lewisfromuk Member

Bayer Leverkusen
    Germany
    May 15, 2018
    Klostermann has potential, he has better potential as a full back than kimmichas he is fast, some people say kimmich should play full back, but I think kimmich is better in defense midfield as he can cover a huge area. As a full back kimmich is too slow, also he always tend to cut inside instead of going out right when on one on one situation

BenjiBo repped this.
  10. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    concerning Tah, I think Torunarigha has shown more potential than Tah although his issue is that he's always injured. He's missing U21 Euro due to continuing fitness issues.
    https://www.kicker.de/750949/artikel

although it could allow other cb to showcase themselves at the U21 Euro.

but not sure what they have in the Hertha cool aid that him and Stark have constant injury issues.

Blueberry_night repped this.
  11. BenjiBo

BenjiBo Red Card

Villarreal CF
    Spain
    May 8, 2019
    San Jose, CA
    No idea what u guys talking about but

433 with Havertz at AM, that’s a 4231 tactically

Instead of 3 high work-rate midfielders in the middle, u have two CMs or Box-to-Box midfielders who can really defend. Someone like Kante or Casemiro is needed in a 4231 for the “2” DM/CM

If u wanna stick with Kroos as one of the “2” CM/DM especially, you need someone like a destroyer to cover Kroos. We don’t have a destroyer type DM, it’s difficult to play a 4231

Havertz is playing much better as in if the three forwards in a rotational system in a interchanging front three when he’s a top finisher with great composure and good aerial ability.

4231 don’t work anymore because of Germany’s personnel, Germany don’t have a Schweinsteiger, or Fring anymore, to provide coverage, physicality and defence, when u play 2 Cm/DMs instead of 3.

Havertz is someone who needs to stay more within the final third and is creating so much damage as one of the free forwards. He has allround skills and he IS USED as a STRIKER IN LEVERKUSEN. Not midfielder!

12. Jordan Khamra

Jordan Khamra Member

May 21, 2014
    The starting 11 are full of talent, look great and exciting on paper but they lack physicality which can be a problem. One of the CM, one of the top 3 need to be bigger/physical.... combination play is not going to be effective every game....

saj7866 and Ger90 repped this.
  13. dips82

dips82 Member+

Oct 11, 2013
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I think Tah has made good progress last season...one significant improvement I see in his game is his passing skills...
    I want Stark to play in champions league next season...be it Dortmund or Leverkusen(replace Bender in starting XI) or even Leipzig(if they sell Upamacano) under Naglesman

Ger90 repped this.
  14. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    believe last rumor for Stark was Gladbach but yeah he needs to play Europe.

shame that Kempf seems headed to 2BL though.

15. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  16. BenjiBo

BenjiBo Red Card

Villarreal CF
    Spain
    May 8, 2019
    San Jose, CA
    Emre Can and Havertz can be solution.

Emre Can , Kimmich, Gundogan can be good midfield combo. Maximilian Eggestein with his crazy work-rate can be another option (highest coverage in Bundesliga this season. 409km distance covered)

Havertz plays as a front 3 for Leverkusen and interchanges a lot ( I.e. a lot of time in the middle). Loew used Goretzka there against Holland too

Wonder how Guardiola made Man City a force with all small players.

It’s all about players’ quality. Spain with Pedro, Villa, Fabregas up top; Then Xavi, Busquest n Iniesta in midfield got them the Euro in 2012.

Not to mention Brazil in 90s with no aerial threat (Romario, Bebeto, Ronaldo, Rivaldo and Edmundo) weren’t aerial threat too. Then 2002 team with 3 Rs, none is aerial threat.

There are less teams in club level are playing crosses. Serie A, La Liga and Bundesliga becoming less, so there are less aerial threats being trained nowadays

Apparently Aguero, Firmino, Icardi, Tadic, Suarez aren’t big strikers too. All less than 6ft , but all among top strikers in Europe

More or less tell you the style of game is changing. When all clubs are playing smaller strikers, the supply for strikers who are strong at headers will be limited for NT. logical

17. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I want SirCrapchester back. At least he didnt spam.

And any teacher of this world will straight cross out your two sentence paragraphs. It's not a thing in the civilized world.

Believe me. It's making you look stupid.

Yes. It does.

Blueberry_night repped this.
  18. The Jitty Slitter

The Jitty Slitter Moderator
    Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    Those guys are all on Twitter

19. BenjiBo

BenjiBo Red Card

Villarreal CF
    Spain
    May 8, 2019
    San Jose, CA
    Germany had 3 big chances (Sané’s goal, Sané’s header, Reus’ goal). He was involved in 2/3 of those. I didn’t expect much from Ginter beforehand but I think it’s deserved.

And there were many people saying he isn’t a good player moving the ball forward. He’s better than Sule in that regard, and for a CB I think he is decent

7E02F0B6-0627-44E4-8F80-C39A978EB441.jpeg

20. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    wow pictures is actually an upgrade

21. BenjiBo

BenjiBo Red Card

Villarreal CF
    Spain
    May 8, 2019
    San Jose, CA
    What position did Havertz play for Leverkusen post winter break when he kept scoring for fun?

Not CM (8) nor AM (10), in fact Bosz system doesn’t involve a 10

He was used as a SS(right)/CF ,

22. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    lol, so Ginter was voted MOTM vs a minnow in Belarus. Is that supposed to impress anyone?

23. BenjiBo

BenjiBo Red Card

Villarreal CF
    Spain
    May 8, 2019
    San Jose, CA
    So no games count?

So why didn’t Reus, Sule, Gnabry, Gundogan; Sane all those bigger names didn’t win the MOTM but Ginter?

24. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    no one cares about MOTM in a qualifier vs a minnow, wake me up when it's MOTM in a tournament game.

you really seem to get annoyed because people have YET to be impressed by Ginter playing for Germany. Ginter is the type who doubtful starts if we play only 2 cbs and Rudiger was absent.

25. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    I mean, kudos to Ginter for having some great passes against Belarus which I originally anticipated would not happen, but we’ll have to wait and see if he’s able to continue this against better opposition

I mean, Draxler’s had like one really good game last Euro against Slovenia or something but doesn’t mean he should even be in the NT based on that

So I’m all for trying something new and give other players a chance in this team but I’m genuinely supposed to believe that Hummels’s not able to compete against the likes of Rüdiger, Ginter and Tah based on performances for club and country after the World Cup? :unsure:

Hummels is actually pretty amazing in the build-up play and I see absolutely no reason why he’s supposedly not good enough to at least be in the squad to justify a starting place in this squad as none but Süle has proved themselves to really deserve to start :rolleyes:

And I don’t see how it’s necessary to have Schulz, Halstenberg and Hector in the squad as the latter should be done and dusted based on the same permissions as Hummels for not bringing it in the NT for years really. And the fact he’s playing in 2nd Bundesliga but is still supposedly 100% guaranteed to be in the squad is ridiculous :whistling:

This team still has to find a clear identity in the way they want to play and find out which direction they want to go as the 2-0 victory over Belarus still leaves room for concerns and questions such as if Ginter and Tah really are the ones that should be used in an eleven, where to place Kimmich, Havertz’s role in this team and the list goes on... :confused:

So we’ll see what happens next summer but I think regardless of the outcome it’s still time to get rid of Löw I believe and bring in new impulses and thoughts :whistling:

Ger90 repped this.