Das Reboot and the Road to UEFA Nations League & EC2020

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by Ger90, Jun 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. saj7866

saj7866 Member+

Dortmund
    Germany
    May 10, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Klopp is one of the very best tactically and as a man manager, I'm not sure loew is in that category

Ger90 repped this.
  2. BenjiBo

BenjiBo Red Card

Villarreal CF
    Spain
    May 8, 2019
    San Jose, CA
    Saw some positives and negatives

Positives:

1) the front three looks to be working well. Needs more match practice together to build on the chemistry

2) Klostermann can provide pace on the flanks which can be important against stronger defensive teams

3) Fluidity and movement is there. Think the score could’ve been 3-0 which is perfectly reasonable. Given a long season and some of the players played more competitive football till the very end.

4) Ginter can be a useful piece from the back line. He can move the ball forward and has the best ball playing skills among the younger generation of defenders. He isn’t quite as slow as Hummels who hasn’t played well for 2-3 years

Negatives:

1) 3-4-3 is still a work in progress. Might be too defensive against all the teams. But back in 80s/90s Germany played 352 (only two forwards) against all opponents too

2) Not a big fan of Nico Schulz on the left flank

3) Need more time to work on set-pieces. No threat at all even Niklas and Tah were inside

3. saj7866

saj7866 Member+

Dortmund
    Germany
    May 10, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    We need to employ a formation to suit the personnel

4. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Klostermann is also playing Germany U21 at the Euro, same for Tah. That will do both good.

as for Werner unused today. Agreed, he needs to stay and take himself to the next stage under Nagelsmann. Would benefit him and Germany too. I don't see Kovac helping him much. You read Nagelsmann talking about Werner and you can tell he wants him to stay at the club.

Lewisfromuk and dips82 repped this.
  5. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    speaking of aerial threat, this team has 0 of that unless Goretzka or Havertz are used. You can't only depend on foot skills to beat parking the bus teams.

dips82 repped this.
  6. BenjiBo

BenjiBo Red Card

Villarreal CF
    Spain
    May 8, 2019
    San Jose, CA
    Klopp likes to use AM or wingers as striker.

He transformed Lewandowski from a AM/SS to Cf; Aubameyang from Winger to CF; Firmino from AM to CF.

Of course not everyone here is thinking he would use a Volland, Ginczek, Uth or Selke if he’s the NT coach. You will be disappointed

A big possibility that he would use Havertz as striker because he’s fast, technically great, can involve in build up like Firmino does and is a good finisher.

He prefers three “workhorses” in midfield. No creativity needed but high work-rate (Henderson, Wijnaldum, Milner, Fabinho) . I bet Klopp would love to have Maximilian Eggestein in his starting lineup. Maybe Emre Can too, Can was one of his favourite players in Liverpool

Klopp’s lineup would be like this:

——————Ter Stegen
    -Kimmich—-NS—-AR——Schulz
    ——Can——Eggestein—-Ilkay
    ——Sane—-Havertz—-Reus

7. saj7866

saj7866 Member+

Dortmund
    Germany
    May 10, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Absolutely, set pieces are underrated, I think the Dutch and France are more of a threat allround

Ger90 repped this.
  8. saj7866

saj7866 Member+

Dortmund
    Germany
    May 10, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Problem is loew is in charge, and proven failures like draxler are still heavily involved whilst Kai could have replaced rues tonight when he came off

9. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    not sure how we went from set pieces are very important see WC14 to who care about them.

some say it was Flick who was very keen on that and he left post WC14 as well.

10. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    yeah, Low really using Havertz is doubtful at this point. I mean unless mass injuries happen. We are close to half the qualifiers played and he's been a non factor so far.

11. BenjiBo

BenjiBo Red Card

Villarreal CF
    Spain
    May 8, 2019
    San Jose, CA
    Look at how Brazil and Spain dominated the football world when they used Romario, Bebeto, Ronaldo who weren’t great aerial threats, or David Villa and Fabregas as strikers and won Euro, WC and Euro

Man City are playing against buses week-in, week-Out

Studies from Four four two recently showed an interesting statistics. Aerial attack from open play has an average success rate of around 8%. So unless we are playing against really small centre backs, you make 10 crosses , only one can turn into goals

Against Van Dijk and De Ligt, crossing in for them to make Clearance is stupid; or big defenders like today? It’s all about matchup. Nowadays, all teams like CBs who are 190cm or above anyway. They might play three of them

Apparently, set pieces is another topic for aerial attack because your CBs are out for attack too so chances is higher.

12. Rac93

Rac93 Member

Bayern Munich
    Germany
    Sep 29, 2017
    Who played well today? Who didn’t?

13. saj7866

saj7866 Member+

Dortmund
    Germany
    May 10, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Ball distribution was
    Yes that would be a well balanced line-up

14. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    benjibo says he's not KHR yet every post of his reads exactly like his same opinions/knowledge/arguments. I would know after a year and a half of constant arguing with him.

15. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    more funny is he says he's not KHR yet he posted a text post of Gedikli saying he wants to play for dfb in youth thread.

and guess who posted a text exchange about that same player Gedikli like over a year ago........KHR.

16. BenjiBo

BenjiBo Red Card

Villarreal CF
    Spain
    May 8, 2019
    San Jose, CA
    What LHR? London Heathrow?

I m just stating what Klopp prefers because as I said, I have been a follower of his and knows about his preference

He likes energy and dynamism. Creativity and possession is secondary

Pretty sure Maximilian Eggestein, Can, Gundogan , Reus, Gnabry and Havertz are his type
    Of players

Klopp is also a big admirer of Julian Brandt for quite some time

17. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    sure how convenient. Since KHR brought up Klopp all the time. Even as stated numerous times by more than one person, Low is no Klopp, so what's the point of bringing him up or what he would do? All your post are the same recycling as KHR's posts.

18. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #4243 Alex C, Jun 8, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2019
    For conclusive proof it needs 100 more posts in a row that say Havertz should play as a 9 lol.

19. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    it's not allowed but the mod said he's not going to bother looking into it.

KHR's is the guy's 2nd account, that he would make a 3rd due to numerous posters putting him on ignore wouldn't be surprising.

I mean the guy was ok/fine until he went bonkers around January 2018-present all because people disagreed with him. Even admitting that he hates plenty of us and we are all amateurs etc.

all started with me and a few others saying Plattenhardt isn't that good and it went from there. Then the one everyone knows well his obsession with Havertz as striker.

20. BenjiBo

BenjiBo Red Card

Villarreal CF
    Spain
    May 8, 2019
    San Jose, CA
    #4245 BenjiBo, Jun 9, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2019
    I don’t get it...

Havertz actually played as the three forwards for Leverkusen this season post winter break.

He didn’t play as a winger, as he was in the middle too throughout the match and scored many goals because he wasn’t used as midfielder anymore

When he was used that way in Leverkusen since January, why can’t he be used as forward for NT?

Think of the role of a winger and he wasn’t a winger for Leverkusen. He is more like a rotational striker in the system

So it shouldn’t come as a surprise that he can be used as a front 3 option

saj7866 repped this.
  21. BenjiBo

BenjiBo Red Card

Villarreal CF
    Spain
    May 8, 2019
    San Jose, CA
    Many people said it, he is better used as one of the front three options than at midfield

To utilise his finishing skills and killer instinct

22. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Been away from this thread for quite a while.

Why isn't Da Costa called up to the NT? He had a pretty good season both domestically and internationally with Eintracht Frankfurt, holding his own pretty well against Chelsea in the semifinals.

Blueberry_night repped this.
  23. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    If you have 3 accounts, you can rep your own posts lol.

Dage, Blueberry_night and Ger90 repped this.
  24. saj7866

saj7866 Member+

Dortmund
    Germany
    May 10, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Against Estonia they should try a front 3 off sany havertz ganebry with rues dropping to the bench

25. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Or maybe play 4-3-3 with Havertz as AM and the same front 3 as v Belarus? Drop Ginter or Tah.

I agree Da Costa deserves a call up, if Kimmich is permanently going to play DM then I think the 2 RB's should be Klostermann and Da Costa. Drop Kehrer.