Das Reboot and the Road to UEFA Nations League & EC2020

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by Ger90, Jun 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. saj7866

saj7866 Member+

Dortmund
    Germany
    May 10, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Do u not think loews authority undermined alot of the dfb after winning the 2014 world cup and confederations cup

2. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Germany goes from #16 in FIFA rankings to #13.

3. The Jitty Slitter

The Jitty Slitter Moderator
    Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    No doubt

But Biergarten brewed up the post worldcup media fiasco - he really should be consigned to the dustbin

saj7866 repped this.
  4. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Gschichtn ausm Paulanergarten

The Jitty Slitter repped this.
  5. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Müller is amazing to watch for Bayern these days :whistling:

6. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    even Lewa says that he works better with Muller than without.

what's dumb from Low is how Muller was perfectly willing to play bench role which Low made him do but then axed him completely anyways

lamcam and Thomsen repped this.
  7. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Yes, why Löw doesn’t even want Müller as a benchplayer a’la Podolski is weird...

Müller is seriously amazing: good workrate, makes space for his teamies, always threatening the spaces behind the backline of the opponents, good vision (he does plenty of breakthrough passes), combines very good with his teamies, unselfish player - he’s basically everywhere

8. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    just seems like he was blaming the older players for the WC bust (when it's his own fault) so he axed them all leaving only Neuer who is captain and Kroos. Reus/Gundo due to injury were never established NT players which helped their case.

9. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    How many times to we have to say it? Thomas Müller is a gem
    One assist, three key passes (all from open play, because, unlike Thiago, Muller doesn’t take corners), and a crossbar hit. Thomas Müller is just such a monster when he’s utilized correctly. If you want a more detailed description of his performance, check out our match awards — he was the deserved Meister of the Match.

Hopefully, this game will convince Kovac to drop the Ancelotti impression and use Müller properly. If James Rodriguez needs to be played out of position, then so be it — he will have to adjust. Jupp Heynckes and Pep Guardiola proved how dangerous the team is when Müller plays as the second striker, so why keep trying to reinvent the wheel?

Let’s not mess around any longer. If Robert Lewandowski starts, Thomas Müller should be right there behind him. This is not up for debate.
    https://www.bavarianfootballworks.c...nalysis-thomas-muller-robert-lewandowski-2013

lamcam and nekkibasara repped this.
  10. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    And I wasn't saying that stuff about Müller because I like him (although his skills are one of the reasons why he is one of my favorites) but because he is actually really great when you play him behind the striker and not on the damn wing or something as everyone knows, including himself, that he isn't a dribbler

Yes, Löw cost them their NT careers and he's subconsciously throwing Müller, Hummels and Boa under the bus after what happened in Russia last summer when it was blatantly obvious that his own tactic let him and the team down big time. Jogi has lost my respect and I have serious question marks about his credibility - but that won't stop me from wishing the team to win titles in the future - but Löw has to go at some points and it's still clear that he doesn't know what he's doing when he genuinely believes that Rüdiger, Süle, Ginter and Tah are superior to Hummels who's been brilliant lately :whistling:

Not to mention the worst thing; how the hell can he be serious about a future NT-comeback for Hector as long as he plays in 2ndBL..? :rolleyes:

This is a mess, but I think he's been saved lately by the brilliance of some of his players like Sane or Gnabry. So I am yet to see Germany win games again where I've the feeling that the team did it as a team than winning by the individual performances of some players that we've seen the last games :unsure:

rj123, nekkibasara and Ger90 repped this.
  11. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I also don't like Muller as sole CF he can play there but he's really works best as SS or 2 man striking pair.And wings he really is too lacking there.

rj123 repped this.
  12. rj123

rj123 Member

The team with the most German NT players
    Germany
    Nov 21, 2010
    Winnipeg, MB
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I agree with the last 2 posts, Muellers strength seems to be in creating chances, not scoring the goals anymore. I think in the NT they were expecting him to score goals and it wasn't his strength anymore.

Ger90 repped this.
  13. The Jitty Slitter

The Jitty Slitter Moderator
    Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    My opinion is the same as when the news was announced

Mueller is a very good squaddie who offers something different to the other options. Just like Hummels. Makes no sense to dump them FOREVER regardless of form

IMO a pure political play by Loew

He needed them out of the squad because they challenge his own authority

14. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I really hate this forever shtick, way to reduce options.....

15. saj7866

saj7866 Member+

Dortmund
    Germany
    May 10, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    But germany certainly don't miss Muller, they can easily have bench strength in that department with a number of options, hummels cer a different kettle of fish

16. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    my issue is assumption that players will be fit. Muller is one of our players that is rarely injured while someone like Gnabry has plenty of issues.

just imagine Sane injures himself and misses the Euro who takes his place? Even Golden Boy Reus whole career of injuries.

and that's why I think the bye forever is dumb.

Thomsen repped this.
  17. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    I guess Kroos and Neuer are Jogi's little puppies since he didn't leave them out, no? :unsure:

18. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Banning them from the NT forever and not even telling them that there's not a possibility for a return is genuinely stupid, yes

Ger90 repped this.
  19. saj7866

saj7866 Member+

Dortmund
    Germany
    May 10, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Like I stated before, loews own authority was undermined after the shocking world cup and nations league, it was plain obviously veterans of authority would be the scapegoat unless loew moved on, he didn't,so the inevitable was going to happen, phase in the next generation

Ger90 repped this.
  20. saj7866

saj7866 Member+

Dortmund
    Germany
    May 10, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think both kroos and nuer even though were main pillars of the team they didn't have the voice of a Muller or hummels who constantly were open on alot of issues

21. DumFatAmerican

Manchester United
    Germany
    Jul 27, 2018
    #4021 DumFatAmerican, Apr 8, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2019
    Okay now you guys want Muller come back...

> Sleighride Low for not giving the younglings more chances, and for playing old Muller whose apparently washed up and can't score.
    > See Muller as the German legend he is a the Raumdeuter who brings intangibles to the bench and dressing room in Bayern Munich and the national team + has high football IQ and is still a great distributor and scorer

Pick one men :thumbsup:

dips82 repped this.
  22. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  23. Ger90

Ger90 Member+