Das Reboot and the Road to UEFA Nations League & EC2020

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by Ger90, Jun 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  2. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  3. saj7866

saj7866 Member+

Dortmund
    Germany
    May 10, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    De stagen is right at his peak now for the next euro and world cup cycle, loew the Muppet doesn't have the knack to change the team when required until they completely ******** up

4. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Lol subtitles. There is no sensible reason why you Dutchies shouldnt learn German

5. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Possible lineups:

[​IMG]

6. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Former Leverkusen boss Holzhäuser said in sport1 this morning that Löw won't survive if we lose today vs Holland

7. The Jitty Slitter

The Jitty Slitter Moderator
    Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    ohhh - who to support then!

8. Lewisfromuk

Lewisfromuk Member

Bayer Leverkusen
    Germany
    May 15, 2018
    I still think Lowe deserves one last chance in Europe next year, after all he won the World Cup, also last match playing against Netherlands was very dominant, only got a draw in the last 10 minuets or so due to the players already realize that they won’t get out of the group anyway

9. Lewisfromuk

Lewisfromuk Member

Bayer Leverkusen
    Germany
    May 15, 2018
    I think the way Lowe instructs his players to play suits the current situation nicely, the situation is Germany don’t have lots big players with outstanding individual capacity, so emphasis on passing and group defending plus speedy counter attack will give them a chance to win something, just like the way they played in confederation cup

10. Lewisfromuk

Lewisfromuk Member

Bayer Leverkusen
    Germany
    May 15, 2018
    You guys all want Lowe gone, can’t you remember how hopeless they played before Lowe took charge?

11. Lewisfromuk

Lewisfromuk Member

Bayer Leverkusen
    Germany
    May 15, 2018
    I meant before kilinsman and Lowe changed the way Germany played, it was so hopeless with poor ball possession. Lowe put more emphasis on ball retention by passing and started to dominate opponents

12. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    The situations are comparable

While I do want Löw to be gone sooner or later, I do certainly recognize that is difficult to do a transition under the pressure of delivering results. But thats not an argument that counts much for me as a, Löw himself is responsible for the situation he is in and b, there is always pressure to perform in the German NT.

I think the German public is just fed up with seeing his face on the tele it's as simple as that. They are fed up with the NT like I think they were last in the mid-late 90ies. Germany won Euro 96 and people still were fed up with the playing style, the players, DFB, with just everything. Sometimes it is just like that. It might not be fair to Löw but thats how it is.

13. Lewisfromuk

Lewisfromuk Member

Bayer Leverkusen
    Germany
    May 15, 2018
    That is interesting point, I do understand people want change, I am just not sure if Lowe has really run out of idea, from the last two matches, I did see something new, also now he tries to use more new young players

14. Lewisfromuk

Lewisfromuk Member

Bayer Leverkusen
    Germany
    May 15, 2018
    Tonight match again Netherlands will be a good indication if Lowe should remain in the job

15. Lewisfromuk

Lewisfromuk Member

Bayer Leverkusen
    Germany
    May 15, 2018
    I just don’t think Lowe has made too many mistakes post World Cup 2018, the way they play is ok, the only problem I have with Lowe is his blind faith on Werner, that is one of the main reasons why they failed both in World Cup and Europe league, in most matches they had many scoring opportunities but Lowe has put his trust on someone Werner who is terrible in form

16. Lewisfromuk

Lewisfromuk Member

Bayer Leverkusen
    Germany
    May 15, 2018
    Lowe needs to find someone who is mature enough and have the calmness to finish in front of goal, he doesn’t need to be super good in ball control technique, or speed, or physicality, just need to have the coolness to score, that normally comes with age, I think both Peterson and sdintle are good candidates, a shame that Lowe eliminate max kruse, I am always a fan of max kruse

17. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    biggest mistake Low did was staying after 2014 WC, that would have been the perfect time for a new coach. And then after bombing in 2018 he decides to stay again. That's 2 times that it should haven been done with him.

when was the last time a WC winning coach who stayed until the next WC succeed???

too much blind loyalty to players and blacklists other players, not really the type of coach one would want. He's also one coach where it's very hard to get recalled by him regardless of great form. Let's not bring up his outdated tactics and in general struggles to comeback from games too. He has no plan Bs.....

18. Why?
    You've got very good players on the rise, but still immature and not yet interconnecting because of relatively little time spent together.
    So in my personal opinion the last match to draw that kind of conclusions from is this match against a strong opponent and only in the second match in the current set up. I think it's the most stupid time to jump into conclusions.

19. Blueberry_night

Blueberry_night Member+

Apr 5, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Oh Lord of Light, grant our wish... Hopefully Wout Weghorst scored hattrick and kick Loew to the curb. Wout Weghorst, the Azor Ahai of future destiny of German NT

Ger90 repped this.
  20. DumFatAmerican

Manchester United
    Germany
    Jul 27, 2018
    Kroos right now hoping Low doesn't put him on the chopping block tenor.png

Ger90 repped this.
  21. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    lol

22. Blueberry_night

Blueberry_night Member+

Apr 5, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    To put things into perspective, yes he bring glory in WC 2014, but after how many attempts? Euro 08 we can brush off due to transition phase and very young team. In 2010 and 2012 it was not really getting better. In 2010, we're really lucky only losing 1 goal. Spain really2 dominant and Low had no answer. 2012 also same, along with idiotic decision to put Kroos on the wing, and losing against mediocre Italy.

It was exacerbated 100x by our performance last year. Do you really believe Low deserve to continue after last year humiliation? Considering he likes to sniff his own dick in front of TV, no wonders he had no shame remains to not stepping down after last year WC.

krakdol repped this.
  23. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    need to remember that 2018 WC wasn't just an embarrassment, pretty much worse WC result in history. But 2018 was one of the worst years ever for the senior NT.

4W 3D 6L

and from the wins only 1 competitive win.......

24. DumFatAmerican

Manchester United
    Germany
    Jul 27, 2018
    Sorry to burst your bubbles Low is not going anywhere anytime soon