Das Reboot and the Road to UEFA Nations League & EC2020

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by Ger90, Jun 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Werner is not really a centre forward anyway, there were rumours saying Selke and Volland are closely monitored by Loew now, Selke had a slight injury two weeks ago, affected his chance. He was in good form

Volland is versatile enough to play a couple of positions up top. And I think Volland is doing well in the last two seasons

Reus can play anywhere in front 3.

We have Kimmich as “6” now, Gundogan(good form), Kroos, Goretzka and Maxi Eggestein as “8”

Havertz as one of the front 3 is an option. He has been playing as a right inside forward in last few games

Front 3 in that 343 formation , will rotate between Reus, Brandt, Sane, Gnabry, Werner, Havertz, Draxler and maybe Selke/Volland.

Loew used Werner or Reus up top.

2. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #3452 Ger90, Mar 17, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2019
    we need Volland/Selke anyways, need more options and don't see any heading players outside of Havertz/Goretzka which is where Selke will prove useful.

3. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    3-4-3 is primary formation now

Goretzka will compete against Maxi Eggestein, Gundogan n Kroos at 8, Kimmich is omly option for now at “6” (until Emre Can is back)

Havertz might be seen as a front 3 option instead of midfield. He plays as a RW at Leverkusen, more like an inside forward who cuts in.

Volland is useful, we can always use Selke and maybe someone like Fullkrug when he is back in action. (Have always liked Weydandt but he needs to move away)

4. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    both Fullkrug/Weydandt need to move away we shouldn't use 2BL players and H96 are all but likely getting relegated.

players that need rescuing are those 2+Maina/Muslija/Anton. Although not horrible if Muslija/Maina spend some time in 2BL.

5. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I think the front 3 will be rotated among Gnabry, Brandt, Reus, Sane, Havertz, Werner, Draxler, Volland and Selke for now

I m not even sure if Werner is better to play in the middle at front three. He seems more comfortable playing at the left wing if there are three up front

If they play two strikers, then Werner will be better. But I can’t see anything from him when he is used as a lone striker in a 433 or 343

Last few games, Werner was used as a right winger , it was Gnabry who played in the middle among the front 3

6. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    If we are playing 3-4-3

We have

5 midfielders rotate for 2 positions : Kimmich (“6”), Goretzka/Kroos/Gundogan/Eggestein (“8”)

Rotate among front 3 : Gnabry, Sane, Brandt, Reus, Werner, Havertz

It’s ok

——-
    If he we are playing 4-2-3-1

Kimmich, Kroos, Gundogan, Eggestein rotate among the “2”

Havertz or Goretzka as “AM”

Brandt, Reus, Gnabry, Sane as wingers

And Werner or one of Gnabry/Reus as striker

——

We can definitely try players like Selke or Volland.

Think Mueller is still needed in the squad, fringe player.

7. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria

8. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  9. saj7866

saj7866 Member+

Dortmund
    Germany
    May 10, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Sane and ganebry playing regular top draw champions league football, certainly in my 11 they would b in

10. The Jitty Slitter

The Jitty Slitter Moderator
    Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    Yep.

Sane is easily the best attacking player germany have right now.

saj7866 repped this.
  11. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Gnabry has a flu

N I heard many criticisms about Sane from many Man City fans

12. The Jitty Slitter

Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    He has over 30 G+A this season

dips82 repped this.
  13. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    JOACHIM LÖW ABOUT ...
    ... the Serbia game: There are two things that we want to convey in a fast-track. On the one hand tactical things that we have to discuss with the players today and tomorrow and have to look again. Secondly, we want the players who are there, a young team, to feel that we have our absolute trust in them, the opportunity to develop and hand over responsibility. We also have to assist with solutions in the event of setbacks. Players need the confidence of us coaches in the coming months. We want to make them realize that they will get the time they need.

... the tactical direction: Joshua Kimmich will again play in the central midfield on the six, which has proven in the Nations League absolutely in combination with Toni Kroos, Leon Goretzka or Ilkay Gündogan. Flexibility is needed. We have changed more often from four to three, this is also the most important for the next few months. I do not want to commit myself, because the team has to master two basic tactical orders. If we were well organized, we had no problems. What needs to be improved is the defense after losing the ball - we were extremely vulnerable to Holland in the end. We also want to improve standards defenses and rapid offensive switching. It does not matter which system we play, we have to take advantage of our speed. We had many games with a lot of possession, but little speed to the goal. This was most recently improved in France, against the Netherlands and Russia.

... the line-up: Serge Gnabry has not been able to train in the last two or three days, he will not take the final training but will train individually. We plan to intensify for tomorrow, but it will be too early to be deployed. We will schedule Serge from Thursday. In goal we have not made a decision yet. It is clear that Niklas Süle and Antonio Rüdiger are now playing an important role in the defense, they have a little more experience at this level.

... Leroy Sané: His development was good, especially now in the national team, he was already good at Manchester City. He has connected to the achievements, but what is more important to me is that he showed us that he took a big step forward. He has mastered his tasks very, very well. He has extraordinary abilities and has brought them to our best during the last six months. Leroy has even more potential and can become an extremely important factor in the national team in the future.

... Marco Reus: Marco has a very strong form and is the driving force in the Dortmund game. He also takes a leadership position in Dortmund. He has often missed us injured, but we hope he can be with the team permanently and grow into a leadership role.

... possible result pressure: If you make decisions that were no alternative for me to go with the young players in the qualifiers, then you take a certain risk. You do not know how fast that will work. I'm convinced that the young players have the potential, so I'm ready to take that risk.

... the preparation for the start in the European Championship qualification: We want to prepare all players for the Netherlands, this is certainly the game that has more importance. We also have to play against Serbia in a certain way, because Serbia is similar in the playing field, technically strong, in some areas with similar automatisms. The game in Wolfsburg is important, the training sessions are important, but everything is designed for Sunday and the start of the qualification. Today I have to see how the freshness in the training is in the individual, and in the evening talk to some players who have played a lot. Because I believe that I have to take into account one or the other.

14. Jordan Khamra

Jordan Khamra Member

May 21, 2014
    Sane is World class. He must start if fit. He is one of the few game changer players we have

15. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    If u look closely, Guardiola always rates him behind Sterling n B.Silva. He’s more like a bench option. N he is Mainly used against smaller teams

I saw many Man City fans said he has real attitude issue, n isn’t improving his end products.

He doesn’t take on defenders as before, more safe passes n crosses....and he is a one trick pony who never improves his weaknesses

I saw many complains about him from many Man City fans ... hope they aren’t right about him.

But in a recent interview during press conference, Guardiola said he was expecting Sane to be better than what he is doing recently.

Other than the Schalke match, he’s in poor form

Lewisfromuk repped this.
  16. The Jitty Slitter

Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
  17. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yes. There are many reasons why he is unused bench player against bigger teams

N he is behind Sterling n B.Silva in pecking order

He played “well” against Schalke. But most games he was said to be disappointing by many fans

Even his only trick is now exposed in EPL, n he hasn’t improved his other skills

That’s what I have been told by at least four Man City fans. They think he is not as good as last season

18. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Ive read in sz today that internal information suggests whatever Löw does is aimed looking good at WC 2022 and home Euro 2024. So basically every decision needs to be seen in this regard

19. Jordan Khamra

Jordan Khamra Member

May 21, 2014
    Sane is a starter on most teams. Man City just happen to be a team full of World class players

20. The Jitty Slitter

Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    Will you apply these lofty standards to the rest of the eleven?

Alex C and saj7866 repped this.
  21. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
  22. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Sane may still have room for improvement at this point, but he is clearly Germany's highest performing attacking player at club level, plays regularly for an elite club at an elite level, and is coached by one of the top coaches in the world. He has been directly involved in 31 goals so far this season, I can't see many other available players bettering that. He is a guaranteed starter for me.

nekkibasara and Ger90 repped this.
  23. Lewisfromuk

Lewisfromuk Member

Bayer Leverkusen
    Germany
    May 15, 2018
    you guys always hype Sane, as I have always said before, he is not as good as you think, trying to put all the hope in him is insane

24. The Jitty Slitter

Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    No one is hyping him - but it would be strange not to pick him given he is germany's best performing wide forward in the last 12 months

His performance levels are much higher than Brandt for example

25. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I would play a 3-4-2-1

With Reus n Brandt supporting the CF (hopefully not Werner)