Das Reboot and the Road to UEFA Nations League & EC2020

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by Ger90, Jun 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    What a mess lol, that's all I want to say... :thumbsdown:

2. nekkibasara

nekkibasara Member+

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Hector, a 2BL player, who has never been more than average is still in the plans, but Müller isn’t good enough for a bench role. Ok.

Ger90 repped this.
  3. dips82

dips82 Member+

Oct 11, 2013
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Please explain yourself

4. dips82

dips82 Member+

Oct 11, 2013
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Happy to see Klostermann and Hastenburg the 2 best side backs this season got nominated...also good to see Stark...sad for Volland

Ger90 repped this.
  5. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Stark is Fritz Walter Gold Medal winner for U19 in 2014. Also for youth NT, he started 3 tournaments and 2/3 times Germany won and both times he was on the team of the tournament. Winning the 2014 U19 Euro and 2017 U21 Euro.

but yeah sucks about Volland though, so if he hits 20 this season will Low still ignore him currently at 11 and based on performances he's the best German striker this season. Volland and Bellarabi call back could have been interesting.

dips82 repped this.
  6. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I think Loew will most likely use a 3-4-3 formation

I think some of the positions are fixed. Without Emre Can in the roster, Kimmich will have to play DM

Not what I want tho.

Ideally, this might be the best available lineup:

——————-Ter Stegen
    ———-Stark—-Sule——Rudiger
    -Klostermann——————-Halstenberg
    ———-Kimmich—-Gundogan
    —-(front three rotate among positions)

I think the best 3 up top will be. Gnabry, Havertz, Sane

Brandt, Werner, Reus can be key backups .

We have Gundogan, Eggestein, Kroos, Brandt who’s capable to play at 8 , together with players like Reus and Sane who are good at build-up

We have enough creativity n build up play in midfield.

Havertz can move up and provide some aerial threat n he’s improving his finishing. He should be used as front 3 or else midfield will lost some defence.

As a forward player, Havertz is more likely to play than stuck behind Kroos, Kimmich, Gundogan, Goretzka and co.

We have many 8s or 10s ... we have enough options for linking up n doing the creative work. Havertz will be buried behind all the veterans CMs. So I wanna try him at CF so he has an immediate role to play in startelf.

His role will be more like Firmino for Liverpool or Max Kruse for Werder Bremen.

If we are playing 433

———————Ter Stegen
    —-Klostermann-Sule-Rudiger-Halstenberg
    ————Kimmich-Gundogan-Brandt
    ————-Gnabry—Havertz—-Sane

7. dips82

dips82 Member+

Oct 11, 2013
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Despite all these negative results, the team still looks young and really good

8. saj7866

saj7866 Member+

Dortmund
    Germany
    May 10, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Certainly, need to find their own identity and build from there, I think de stagen should replace nuer as the number 1 as he now brings the positive mentality that nuer used to have

9. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    It's like if you are Hector, I am Müller and our mentally challenged common friend is Löw

10. Jordan Khamra

Jordan Khamra Member

May 21, 2014
    Let's hope. Prior to the start of the WC, that's what a lot of people kept saying even though the pre WC friendlies showed otherwise.

11. BMGuy

BMGuy Member

Bayern Munich
    Sep 6, 2004
    vietnam
    I want to see Reus lead the line up front

-------------Reus
    -----Sane------------Gnabry

And it's time to find a way to replace Kroos who I'm never a fan of, his style of play is always timid, playing far from the goal area, only care for his passing rate stats. So if his team wins, he gets praise for 90+% passing accuracy, nice assist from corner kicks... blah blah

Blueberry_night and saj7866 repped this.
  12. saj7866

saj7866 Member+

Dortmund
    Germany
    May 10, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I couldn't agree more with you regarding kroos

13. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I was very impressed with Mittelstädt on the left yesterday in the Hertha:Dortmund match.

14. dips82

dips82 Member+

Oct 11, 2013
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    He was quite bad defensively and let Wolf go surpass him several times

15. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    that's fine, you do know that although this is Mittelstadt's 3rd season as a pro. This season is his 1st with tons of game time, more breakthrough season and he was playing vs one of the best teams in the league.

16. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    How was he bad defensively? Do you think it's possible to hold back Dortmund all game long? Hertha tried to go toe on toe and offered a lot going forward. It felt like every attack included Mittelstädt.

Ger90 repped this.
  17. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    that Kalou tap in was from a Mittelstadt shot from distance that opened the game 1-0.

18. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Mittelstädt's time will come. He could be a candidate for the senior NT in a couple years or so. Right now, Schulz and Halstenberg are a solid pair of options. Mittelstädt is also more needed for the U21's in his final year of eligibility.

dips82 and Ger90 repped this.
  19. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    if Germany U21 make the SF of the Euros this Summer than we qualify for the Olympics in 2020 as a 97 could be used there too.

20. Jordan Khamra

Jordan Khamra Member

May 21, 2014
    Agreed as well. I think I could be a professional soccer player if my task was to focus on safe short passes.

21. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    National team comeback for Kruse?
    "Two goals, a template - there you can not say anything", rated Maxi Eggestein his formidable captain. Whether this Kruse will play again for the DFB team, wanted his "highly satisfied" coach Florian Kohfeldt, who saw his team "in the first half tactically superior, in the second half with pure will", not further: "I was allowed I'm talking to Joachim Löw for the first time last week, and I'm not the type to make demands, but Max speaks for himself. " Kruse's second goal, a cheeky hook after a fine hook, echoed loudly in Maxi Eggestein's ear: "You can usually see that from another left-footer in the world of football." Who he meant by that ...
    http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/..._eggesteins-messi-vergleich.html#omsmtwkicker

22. saj7866

saj7866 Member+

Dortmund
    Germany
    May 10, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Semi finals, the motto is to win the tournament

23. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I didn't say anything about winning or not. Just saying to qualify for the Olympics you need to make the SF. U21 Euros being 3 groups of 4, means anyone who gets out of their groups makes the SF.

I think making the Olympics is important, it's a great experience for the players. Gnabry's career was saved by the Olympics, he was going nowhere in England before the Olympics rejuvenated his career. Also think that we getting that far was helpful for the following year when we had U21 Euro and CC, as players who played in Olympics each went into one of those. Had their been no Olympics who knows if we would have won both tourneys.

Olympics is bound to be helpful for the 2021 U21 and 2022 WC if we make it in 2020.

nekkibasara and saj7866 repped this.
  24. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    have to say I feel like we need more striker and winger options. What if something happens and Werner misses the Euros? Who's the 2nd option? And if we continue to call up no one else, we risk someone who lacks International experience being striker, someone who hasn't gelled with the rest of the team. Feels the same about Gnabry and Sane what if injury makes one/both miss the Euro. I mean Gnabry missed the WC18 due to injury.

with no more Muller, seems like the wing options are Sane/Gnabry/Brandt/Draxler based on Low call ups. Doesn't seem enough tbh. It's why it's always good when one sees Bellarabi doing well this season and Younes coming back from long term injury and scoring in his first XI for Napoli in Serie A.

25. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria