Das Reboot and the Road to UEFA Nations League & EC2020

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by Ger90, Jun 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    N I find it funny that when everyone knows “10” is like a declining role in modern football (not extinct but declining)

Most top teams are playing 433 (one “6” plus two “8”s”) or 343 , u guys still think “10” is the future

No....an era which emphasise Midfield battle, 10 is no longer an important role

Liverpool don’t play with a 10(Henderson, Milner,Keita); Juventus use Dyballa as a front 3; Real Madrid have Casemiro, Kroos, Modric in midfield; Chelsea with kovacec. Kante, Jorginho...

I can find u 10 articles talking about the transformation of “10”. Everyone knows it’s a declining role

2. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    How do u know? Are u Bayern’s board members?

Here aren’t many emerging CFs in world football anyway.

Yes, they buy Havertz to replace Lewandowski.

It sounds as ridiculous when Liverpool bought Firmino .... and where he plays now ? Lol

Stindl was bought as a AM, n he plays CF for Gladbach

Lewandowski played mainly as SS/Am, before he joined Dortmund. Ironic enough yea?

3. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    eh, a lot of cms pretty much play a hybrid of cm/am.

4. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    how do anyone know lol. Maybe because Bayern is being linked with numerous strikers in a supposed Summer purchasing spree and they only play 1 uptop.

your obsession with Havertz as cf for the NT, ignores that there are no guarantees he plays there at club. He's not going to play there for Leverkusen, even you know that. And this season is already the one before the Euro2020 one.

5. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    And When Alex Meier joined Eintracht Frankfurt, he was an AM, but he won golden boot as striker

Ridiculous. U should know better than Frankfurt coaches

Cristiano Ronaldo was a winger when he joined Real Madrid, he ended up being a striker there.

Argh bet u guys know better than Real Madrid.

Why don’t u guys be the board member of Real Madrid then? Lol

Bunch of ignorant shit

6. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    How do u know he won’t? U have a crystal ball or anything?

Firmino was an AM , joined Liverpool n became of the better strikers in EPL

Absolutely no chance? Lol Man U guys should watch more football

When u guys complained that Kimmich should play at RB. Do u realised when Bayern bought him, he was a DM? It’s Guardiola who played him at RB.

Transformation is very normal in modern football

7. The Jitty Slitter

The Jitty Slitter Moderator
    Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    Ok.

That's it for the havertz stuff

Please get back to us when he starts playing 9

It's boring now.

Ger90 repped this.
  8. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    no one cares about the long run. We are talking about between now and Euro 2020. He's not going to be one at club this season and who thinks he's going to Bayern (if he goes there) to become one. Lewa is still there you know.

and your examples were not for a 19 year old player lol.

9. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    If everyone is afraid for changes

Suarez is still a winger;

Thierry Henry n Van Persie would’ve never played CF too because “they were wingers”;

Kimmich could’ve never played RB;

Alex Meier, Firmino, Kruse, Stindl... would’ve never played CF;

10. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    How do u know it won’t happen?

Because u love 10 right? U realise Stindl, Kruse, Firmino, Alex Meier were 10 too?

11. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Lewandowski will be what? 31 when Season ends

Is Havertz going to Bayern already? Umm... who knows

12. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    and did they become strikers when they were 19? No they didn't.

look at the mod post above, time to move on from this boring topic until March.

13. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Sandro was a LW before Juventus ought him, now Arguably the best Lb in the world

From “10” to “9”? There are many successful examples

Firmino, Gabriel Jesus, Alex Meier, Stindl, Max Kruse, Lewandowski (when he joined Dortmund)

Then wingers to “9” ?

Suarez (was a winger/SS before.. play now as CF for barcelona), Van Persie, Henry, Lacazette, Aubameyang (no one seems to remember he was a winger when he joined Dortmund), Cristiano Ronaldo, Depay

Of coz there is no guarantee that Havertz will work at CF. But how do u know it won’t happen?

Even Kuntz won’t rule that out too. And if that works out, Germany will have the most well rounded striker in last 12 years

If it doesn’t work out, yea, we can use Petersen again

14. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Yes if Bayern got Havertz to play as a striker and therefore replace Lewandowski if he's possible leaving the club, Bayern's more stupid than I thought with their player-policy lol
    I mean this is a player who doesn't even play as a striker so why the hell they would do this blows my mind

nekkibasara and Ger90 repped this.
  15. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Aubameyang was bought as a winger, and he ended up surpass Lewandowski to become the golden boot in 2016.

Alex Meier? 14/15 Bundesliga topscorer, was an AM when he joined Frankfurt from HSV

Lewandowski was bought as an SS/AM when he joined Dortmund btw

Why is everyone so hestitate of changes? It happens in football World all the time. And many successful examples

Havertz won’t even join Bayern. Yes Bild says... one day ago they said he’s joining Barcelona to replace Suarez in long run

16. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Havertz will become a striker next season and blow whatever league he goes to and lead Germany to glory.

now can we move on from this neverending topic?

17. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Kuntz, Klopp, Detering, Arne Friedrich all think Havertz as striker is an option, something Germany should look into

“8” and “10” is easy to develop, but the whole country desperately need a proper striker when the best is Petersen n Werner

I don’t know if things can be any worse than using Havertz there

18. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Thing is, why always write it off and think it’s imposible?

7 years ago, I would’ve thought people were crazy for saying Firmino will be the starting striker for the leading team in EPL.

When we all saw him at AM

19. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    thing is I never once said it's impossible, not even once. Not sure how many times I have to tell you. It's like your brain reads other people's post in a certain way that's not the reality.

In the last few months at how aggressive you've been about this topic, your showing some psychotic tendencies.

20. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    In football world, just never say never

If one day Havertz does start to play as CF, it will make u guys look like a complete idiot.

And don’t say “he’s a 10 now so he can’t play as 9”. Many successful stories in the past tell us it’s not true

Even Werner plays as a CF for his club, he can’t do much other than counter attack and scored against a few teams which press higher. Not sure how does it help German NT when they mostly play against teams which park their buses

Mexico pressed very high against Germany in Confed Cup n he scored a brace. Very typical Werner

N other than Werner... it’s not like Petersen, Uth n Volland are successful stories at 9 for Nt, and they lack a lot of elements in their game. Including Werner too

Havertz is a complete package on the other hand, n I don’t have to tell u how difficult it is to produce a CF nowadays

“8” n “10”? We have a ton. Reus n Neuhaus n Brandt can also play at 10, Thomas Meuller too...

21. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    so your judging Uth based on 1 game, which I recall you liked him in. And Petersen who has 1 assist (winning goal) in 2 games (playing total of 96 minutes). That's a very small amount of games, 3 total to judge the value of strikers. Were they supposed to score hat tricks to be success stories? Would say Petersen did contribute in his time played.

Werner also doesn't only score counters, you've been saying that for years. So in his 1st season at RB, 14/21 goals were not counters,only 1/3 were. He also has something like 11 goals from headers. But sure it's all counters and nothing else. Even his recent goal vs Gladbach the 1st one wasn't a counter goal either.

all I see is your trying to lessen the relevance of every German striker just to make Havertz into one and the only solution. The none striker who's only 19 will bring glory to Germany.I'm sure you also think Ginczek is trash too.

more weird, you just said days ago that supposedly Low is considering it and that he'd be a back up option anyways. So why bring it up all the time. Consideration doesn't mean it'll happen too.

22. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    People have short term memories don’t they?

Goretzka was used as striker by Loew against Italy in fall 2016. N he played very well

Ignoring TM who always give wrong info regarding positions, watch the match again. Goretzka was used as a frontman .... always the most advanced player on the pitch. I have some capped screen provided

So why does it sound so amusing? When the team is transforming players

When Firmino were bought by Liverpool, he played AM in his entire career;

When Alex Meier, 2015 BL topscorer joined Eintracht Frankfurt, he never played a single match at CF;

When Lewandowski joined Dortmund, he was an AM/SS, before Klopp turned him into a 9;

Suarez played SS/Wing when he was in Ajax n Liverpool, (remember his Liverpool days CF was Sturridge), then in Barcelona he is used as CF;

Aubameyang was bought as a winger, n later was transformed into a poacher. Won Top scorer award in BL too

When Thierry Henry joined Arsenal in 1999, he has never played CF... he was always a winger;

When Arsenal signed Van Persie, he was a winger and later transformed into striker;

When Real Madrid bought Cristiano Ronald, he was always a winger Forward, but later was used a striker...

My point is, where a player used to play does not mean he can’t play at other positions. Don’t make it sounds like ridiculous u shallow, ignorant people.

U guys have short term memories doesn’t mean I have the same issue

23. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Look at Werner’s stats in last two seasons

0.4 aerial won per game last season, 0.3 this season

He has very poor technique n needs so much space to perform

Problem with Uth n Petersen is that they have poor hold-up game, a lot poor actually, compared to Havertz’s.

Strikers are required to drop back, press, involves in build-up, Win duels, providing hold-up play .... best comparison will be Mandzukic.

Werner, Petersen n Uth aren’t the answers

Actually Volland, despite his height, has better back-to-goal ability than others, can press n win duels too. But he isn’t a good footballer in a whole

Werner has basically very limited aerial ability nowadays. N u don’t want ur starting striker to win just 0.3 aerial duels per game. Not to mention he needs space n extremely inconsistent in his finishings. La k composure

Werner has nothing but pace now

24. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Goretzka from 2 years ago, I already told you that game vs Italy. Muller and Goretzka were the only attacking players from the entire XI. Low was playing super super conservative. But bring it up a million times.

once again tell me which one of these was 19 when he was made into a striker?

25. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    U guys are saying that we should convert Havertz to “8” as well, doesn’t that involve some sort of transformation anyway, when he is used to playing “10”?

One big reason Leverkusen failed to perform is because they stick with 4231 n having not enough midfielders at 6 n 8. Midfield is very unstable

8 n 10 are not difficult positions to produce talents. N we have some younger ones already emerging.

Striker is a serious issue because we couldn’t find a complete package since I don’t know when. U want someone with skill, composure, vision like a midfielder while having the physique, pace, aerial ability n finishing of a striker....

Germany don’t have anyone but Havertz.

In last few years, Germany have overlooked the importance of physicality n duels winning with the strikers. So we need to find the right elements in our attackers again